Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

The Narrow Road - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Narrow Road (446 Views)

Why Is The Narrow Gate Hard To Enter? - Paul Ellis / What Makes The Narrow Path To Heaven Hard? - Jack Kelley / The Narrow Road That Leads To Godliness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Narrow Road by yommyuk: 6:39am On Feb 27, 2015
Like many people today, the Israelites in Jesus’ time believed they were destined for heaven. They mistakenly thought that to join God’s family, good works and an intellectual faith were all that He required.

To help us grasp the truth about how to enter His Father’s kingdom, Jesus described two roads leading in opposite directions. One is a broad highway, where most people travel. Theirs is an easy journey, as it requires few commitments and allows all kinds of philosophies. Because just about everything is acceptable, each person is free to be self-indulgent and choose whatever seems best. The broad path promises to give us whatever we desire, but in the end, it delivers nothing of lasting value.

The other road is narrow. It has a small entrance, because there is only one way to be reconciled to God—through faith in Christ. Traveling on this path requires a commitment to the Savior and a lifestyle of dependence, sacrifice, and trust.
Once we belong to Jesus, the Holy Spirit empowers us for everything that is required on the way of righteousness: loving God with our whole heart, loving our neighbours, and carrying out the Lord’s purposes. His plans are to take precedence over our own. In contrast to the disappointments on the broad road, every divine promise is guaranteed.

Each of us must choose which path to take: the wide one that ends in hopelessness and eternal separation from the Lord, or the narrow one leading to life everlasting. If you desire a relationship with God through Jesus, just ask Him
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Psalm 25:4
Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.

Psalm 143:10
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!

Proverbs 16:3
Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: The Narrow Road by dsquare33: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
To buttress your point,the narrow road is too narrow and it is only few among billions of christians that find it,it is a road that only the broken in the soul can pass ,which means everything that is of the soulish life must be submitted to God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Between A Christian And An Unbeliever. / The Last State Doctrine / Ladies: Would You Date+marry A Femi Fani K?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.