Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,433 members, 7,954,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:00 AM

Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation (1264 Views)

Egypt Devaluation To Test CBN Resolve On Naira / Anyaoku Backs Buhari Stance On Naira Devaluation / International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by AKMoney1(m): 8:47am On Feb 27, 2015
Here is what I saw on my Oga at the top Facebook's profile.

What do y'all think?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by CrazyScientist: 8:50am On Feb 27, 2015
Thank you! What I've been saying, is that not what China did? ! Look at them today! Oga seun, I gbadun you!

Oga seun for president 2032! grin

1 Like

Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by balash(m): 8:51am On Feb 27, 2015
Lol

We need to organise a panel to investigate this same picture of seun, Na this same picture he dey use everywhere WHY

1. Maybe he is trying to promote his cap lol

2. Maybe he is trying to promote his nose

3. Maybe he is trying promote that one picture to win the guiness book of record as the oldest picture ever used as a profile pix lol

On the topic I no get anything to talk, if them like make 1dollar be 500naira in nigeria.

GEJ OR GMB anyone wey go win make e win but one thing I know as advise to our leaders is simple, Na una time be this o, make una use am well well but make una remember say one day 'Monkey go enter market,hin no go come back again'

2 Likes

Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by igivefuck4free(m): 8:58am On Feb 27, 2015
Good points there, I guess this is the right time to make money exporting our brands and shun importation.

Exporters where are thou? grin
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by Mayor21(m): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2015
Seun4president! Lol
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by macpetrus(m): 9:05am On Feb 27, 2015
Seconded!!! It allow room for competition in the labour market!!!
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by OROZONE(m): 9:05am On Feb 27, 2015
Seun, u earn my respect with that article.
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by Tonylyte(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2015
One intelligent voice from the south west.
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by Firefire(m): 9:09am On Feb 27, 2015
I support the currency devaluation, our Naira should find it real value.
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by dunkem21(m): 9:09am On Feb 27, 2015
Wow.

See thoughts ... and people are bent on foisting expired brains who lack basic grasp of economic terms while the vibrant youth watch on. ..when will it be seun's time to govern

Don't worry, One day we will make you king of Nairajiria.
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by CrazyScientist: 9:10am On Feb 27, 2015
balash:
Lol

We need to organise a panel to investigate this same picture of seun, Na this same picture he dey use everywhere WHY

1. His he trying to promote his cap lol

2. His he trying to promote his nose

3. His he trying promote that one picture to win the guiness book of record as the oldest picture ever used as a profile pix lol

True talk my brother! grin
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by Icon4s(m): 9:13am On Feb 27, 2015
balash:
Lol

1. His he trying to promote his cap lol

2. His he trying to promote his nose

3. His he trying promote that one picture to win the guiness book of record as the oldest picture ever used as a profile pix lol

On the topic I no get anything to talk, if them like make 1dollar be 500naira in nigeria.

GEJ OR GMB anyone wey go win make e win but one thing I know as advise to our leaders is simple, Na una time be this o, make una use am well well but make una remember say one day 'Monkey go enter market,hin no go come back again'

Which one is "His he" ?
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by AKMoney1(m): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2015
Oga Seun is viewing this topic grin
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by balash(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2015
AKMoney1:
Oga Seun is viewing this topic grin

Me sef catch am, he don run now sha.. Find am go that Dog section na there e go dey lol
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by mumumugu(m): 10:28am On Feb 27, 2015
dunkem21:
Wow.

See thoughts ... and people are bent on foisting expired brains who lack basic grasp of economic terms while the vibrant youth watch on. ..when will it be seun's time to govern

Don't worry, One day we will make you king of Nairajiria.

seun will never be president until he becomes 72yrs old.

So says buhari anti-youth supporters
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by mumumugu(m): 10:31am On Feb 27, 2015
AKMoney1:
Here is what I saw on my Oga at the top Facebook's profile.

What do y'all think?

buhari promised to stabilise the oil price

why isnt seun thinking in that direction?
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by LordMecuzy(m): 10:32am On Feb 27, 2015
Lol True words from Seun...

Well GMB is here to take us out of this mess for Now....

GMB 2015
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by Randerl: 10:39am On Feb 27, 2015
Bright minds at work . Seun is my G.
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 27, 2015
undecided
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by brainhack(m): 10:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
igivefuck4free:
Good points there, I guess this is the right time to make money exporting our brands and shun importation.

Exporters where are thou? grin

Bros please PM me there is one small matter you can help me with.
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by moderatorr1: 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
Its easy to see things another way when you are not in the heat.
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by owobokiri(m): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
You must have something to export first before you start to calibrate your financial laws to stimulate export. At the moment policy thrust should be geared towards biulding enough capacity for production, atleast in areas where we are competatively active. . Tariffs should be skewed to discourage imports that can be manufactured here rather than an immediate across the board reorganisation of our currency valeu when we only produce biscuits!
Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
All these will fall in place when we have stable electricity. Until then, manufacturing in Nigeria will hardly be profitable

1 Like

Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by wirinet(m): 12:40am On Mar 02, 2015
This piece shows Oga Seun is ignorant in economic matters and history. Devaluation of the Naira would cause inflation and affect industries struggling to survive now because Nigeria depends on importation both for finished goods and raw materials. Importers and manufacturers would just adjust their prices to reflect the current naira value. It is suicidal for a wholly importing and open port nation (where every junk from china is allowed in) to devalue its currency. Even the cost of energy will increase as we import 100% of our petroleum products (Petrol Diesel and kerosine). So how do you expect made in Nigeria products to compete with made in China products.

If Readers are old enough, they would know that this was the same arguments given by Falae for introducing SAP under the Babangida administration, that the devaluation of the Naira would stimulate local production and boost export by making local production cheaper, but the reverse was the case, inflation skyrocketed as naira fell from about N1 to 1 to about N22 to 1. Later the IMF itself declared SAP a failed policy after it wrecked many African economies.

Devaluation would work only if you are a self reliant and net exporting country.

1 Like

Re: Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation by Bekwarra(m): 1:34am On Mar 02, 2015
A prayer for Buhari supporters: May you clock 73
years before you actualize your dreams. There's no
need to say Amen, it's sealed in heaven already. They
called us leaders of tomorrow and here we are; a 73-
year old man still dragging the future with us.

(1) (Reply)

Help / Upto 80% Discount On Yo!kart Multivendor Ecommerce Store / Professional Help/advice On Starting A Chemical Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.