Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,444 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

My Os Crashed Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Os Crashed Pls Help (1014 Views)

Dual Booting Windows OS And Linux OS / D Advantage Of Free Dos Laptop Over Those With Windows OS / Lovers Of Apple Mac Os X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Os Crashed Pls Help by umbo: 9:15am On Feb 27, 2015
pls my Samsung mini laptop OS has crashed pls house how do I correct it ,it doesn't have CD rom
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by Lexusgs430: 10:30am On Feb 27, 2015
umbo:
pls my Samsung mini laptop OS has crashed pls house how do I correct it ,it doesn't have CD rom

Get an external CD Rom driver.

Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by umbo: 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
yes I will try to get one ,after dat pls wat next
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by femi4: 12:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
umbo:
Re install using a flash drive

https://www.nairaland.com/2167870/how-turn-flash-drive-bootable
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by umbo: 6:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
pls I do not understand ur terms ,can u simplify for me to comprehend ,thanks for been there.
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by adetwin(m): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
umbo:
pls I do not understand ur terms ,can u simplify for me to comprehend ,thanks for been there.

What his trying to explain is that your laptop does not have where u can insert a CD.. Our candid advice is get an engineer to help fix it, we can pls your location?
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by umbo: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
d link he posted solves d issue but am just not on top of of his explanations
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by HyDef(m): 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
Pretty much 2 things you can do when it comes to a mini.

1. Get an external CD drive and a copy of whichever Windows OS to reinstall. Is it Windows 7?

2. Get a flash drive large enough to contain the setup files for the OS, and boot from it. Not all laptops can boot from USB, but newer ones mostly should be able to.
By going into the BIOS, there should be a point that speaks something of boot priority or something, maybe bootable drives. Check and see if USB is an option when your flash drive is connected. If it is, set it to the highest priority. If it isn't, you may have to disable an option which might be along the lines of fast boot or something in the BIOS, then save and restart, and the option should be there.
I believe that the contents of the drive should simply be whatever you pulled straight out of the OS disc.

Please keep us posted.
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by HyDef(m): 11:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by femi4: 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
umbo:
d link he posted solves d issue but am just not on top of of his explanations
Thought they ve explained to you. What is hard for you to comprehend?
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by umbo: 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
I can only say more original grease to your elbow ,thanks again.
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by HyDef(m): 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
Have you solved the issue?
Re: My Os Crashed Pls Help by umbo: 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
yes ,thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Help Oo Please / Dell Inspiron 1545 For Sale At Giveaway Price / Mkey Dongle Needed Urgently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.