Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry (4959 Views)

Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) / My Poultry Farm - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by AONO: 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
Great farmers my poultry waste is causing serious problem in my area now that people want me to leave the place because of the smell of the waste, please fellow nairaladers is there any chemical i can put on the waste that will not make it smell much and also that will reduce or suppress the maggot.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by FarmTech(m): 6:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
Is it battery cage you are using?
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by AONO: 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
FarmTech:
Is it battery cage you are using?

Yes am using battery cage
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by jamp: 9:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
AONO:

Yes am using battery cage
try n avoid water spillage. I will post what I used to prevent water spillage tomorow. also use saw dust not the wood shavings.since I adopted dis method my farm is dry n I sell my litter.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by AreaFada2: 1:25am On Feb 28, 2015
nice
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by kevin96(m): 3:10am On Feb 28, 2015
AONO:
Great farmers my poultry waste is causing serious problem in my area now that people want me to leave the place because of the smell of the waste, please fellow nairaladers is there any chemical i can put on the waste that will not make it smell much and also that will reduce or suppress the maggot.

Pls go get larvacide .....mix one pack to 500kg of feed.....ur litters will be okay

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by jamp: 11:22am On Feb 28, 2015
jamp:

try n avoid water spillage. I will post what I used to prevent water spillage tomorow. also use saw dust not the wood shavings.since I adopted dis method my farm is dry n I sell my litter.

See pix below

Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by knowledge4(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
Op, you got it seriously wrong.
You were not informed at all when starting.
You are one of those who rushed into the business?
There are effective ways to manage chicken waste even in a home backyard chicken farm
A report on poultry waste management is available as a bonus among the poultry reports in the 1st signature below
You should have created a pit or gutter under the battery cages where the chicken droppings will be accumulating and a chemical poured on it.
The details of the gutter measurements are in one of the posts in the 1st signature and one of the bonuses attached to the reports.
You could have also dug a pit about 30 feet depth outside the chicken pen where the chicken waste will be flushed into.
Someone suggested larvacide. Yes it works well to an extent. Larvacide is added to the feed and serves to keep flies away from the chicken waste and suppresses the maggots. That way it takes longer for the waste to smell but it will surely smell later.
Meanwhile,You should get cleaners to evacuate the waste every 3 days.If you have been doing this, no one would have noticed any odour in the environment.
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by olawale4725(m): 2:38pm On May 26, 2016
jamp:

See pix below

Hello jamp, pls where do you stay and how do u get ur litters sold
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by olawale4725(m): 2:40pm On May 26, 2016
[quote author=knowledge4 post=32689835]Op, you got it seriously wrong.
You were not informed at all when starting.
You are one of those who rushed into the business?
There are effective ways to manage chicken waste even in a home backyard chicken farm
A report on poultry waste management is available as a bonus among the poultry reports in the 1st signature below
You should have created a pit or gutter under the battery cages where the chicken droppings will be accumulating and a chemical poured on it.
The details of the gutter measurements are in one of the posts in the 1st signature and one of the bonuses attached to the reports.
You could have also dug a pit about 30 feet depth outside the chicken pen where the chicken waste will be flushed into.
Someone suggested larvacide. Yes it works well to an extent. Larvacide is added to the feed and serves to keep flies away from the chicken waste and suppresses the maggots. That way it takes longer for the waste to smell but it will surely smell later.
Meanwhile,You should get cleaners to evacuate the waste every 3 days.If you have been doing this, no one would have noticed any odour in the environment.
[/quote

Hi bro, u said ""should have created a pit or gutter under the battery cages where the chicken droppings will be accumulating and a chemical poured on it.""" WHATS THE NAME OF THE CHEMICAL TO BE POURED ON IT
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by wolexak: 3:13pm On May 26, 2016
call a bricklayers to lay 6inchs block round the cage,direct it to where the slope is,then dig a pit outside the pen, so as to flush the waste
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by emeann: 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2017
Where are u located? I can buy the poultry waste. call me on 08036125613
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by frisky2good(m): 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
wolexak:
call a bricklayers to lay 6inchs block round the cage,direct it to where the slope is,then dig a pit outside the pen, so as to flush the waste

God bless you
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by Ecoa: 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2019
What is the name of the chemical to stop the smell if there is any other than larvacide. I will also know where i can get it to buy
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by PHOTSEE(m): 6:49am On Feb 17, 2019
Try polidine
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by gonerest(m): 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
GOOD DAY PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by Attit: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
AONO:
Bro, you are in a residential area for goodness sake. And you are very close to neighbors. You should know that your farm is not permitted there. But if you want to continue since we don't have laws in Nigeria, you better prevent the odor rather than manage it. Someone asked me to assist in solving this kind of challenge, and the truth is that no matter the chemical or feed addictive you use, you will continue annoying your neighbors. If you were the neighbors, yours might be louder. So, put yourself in their shoes.

If you want to stay in that place, do not ever deceive yourself....you need to remove the poo daily. Even 3 times a day. And you spray the environment constantly. You are in a residential area for christ sake. Ha ba! You cannot suppress any maggot. Forget it. If you don't listen to me, you will be kicked out of that your place. And it will be sad with serious bitterness. You will lose respect and value. They may even destroy you birds. I know a farm neighbors laid the workers to poison over 3,500 birds. Be wise. You are playing with fire. You cannot take it too.

So, think seriously, how can you move out the poo 3 times a day? If you want to waste money on local laborers ....goodluck. but the best way is to use automatic method. Just 5 to 10 mins you put on your gen and power it and move out the poo. Move the poo out fast, or dispose very well. You can then use microbes which will compost them fast.

You may need to move your birds out fast and reconstruct your floor. It's a major expenses you are doing. If you know you like yourself and your farm,.you better do it. Otherwise, you are surely going to see the result of enemies and demons you have created out of your neighbors.. it is entirely your fault and not theirs. You would do worse of you were in their shoes.

In the meantime if you want to test this technique, get a tarp under your cages and move them out daily. You will see that the odor will reduce drastically. In this case, you will need to use an additive to the feed to get dried poo. Wash the tarp and replace fast. But you cannot continue doing this for long. You will be exhausted. Bro, using sawdust, wooden shave, and bla bla bla aren't for your farm. When you see the odor reduced, automate it and move out your poo three times daily. I pray you have the cash to do it fast. Otherwise, move your farm out of that area before your neighbors show the demons in them. Your life is even at risk. You have been warned.

Modified: didnt realise, this is an old post. But anyway...it can help anyone, so I have decided not to erase it.
Re: Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry by cattlefarming01: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
What To Do To Stop Losing Money In Poultry Due To Mortality Of Birds

Common infectious diseases of poultry such as Fowlpox, Fowl cholera, Coccidiosis, and Marek's disease pose constant challenges to poultry farmers leading to incurring losses in death of birds or more cost on disease treatment.

Effective farm Biosecurity, Vaccination and using Poultry - Zyme can help to improve overall poultry bird health, cut the costs of disease treatment, reduce losses and improve farm profitability.

With just a bottle of Poultry - Zyme into 1000 liters of water for your poultry birds you have little worries about a disease affecting your birds as Poultry- Zyme helps to improve their immune system to reduce the mortality rate.

It is highly cost-effective in preventing your birds from diseases and at the same time helps to increase their growth, egg production and improves the quality of eggs

For delivery of the product to your location contact +23408033492090.

To learn more about our products visit www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

(1) (Reply)

Which Company Can I Be Supplying Cassava Tuber / Alas! The Biggest Cow In Ibadan As At Today. / To All Experienced And New Groundnut Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.