Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Helmet Wahala In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Helmet Wahala In Nigeria (1064 Views)

BVN Wahala In Ilorin (pix) / Makeup Wahala In Nigeria / will You Wear This Helmet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helmet Wahala In Nigeria by shampaul: 11:20am On Jan 10, 2009
Dear All, Believe me, I dont know the Author of the one below.

HELMET WAHALA

As you probably know, with effect from Jan 1 2009, the lagos state govt
has passed to law directing all motorcyclists and commercial motorbike riders
(aka OKADA) to wear helmets.

As would be expected, several people disobeyed and over 1000 bikes were impounded and
kept by the local govts.

By the 2nd of Jan, everybody tried to comply. I will explain.

This weekend, i saw a woman passenger on OKADA wearing gele (headtie) with a helmet balanced on top of it (i.e. the headtie). So what is the helmet protecting? The headtie?

More amazement. Another guy drove past on OKADA with a, wait for it, a paint bucket on his head! You
Dulux pangolo paint buckets (the small size), he put it on his head
and used the handle as strap under his chin.

The sight was so incredulous that all the police men at Herbert Macaulay junction
burst out laughing in stupor and shock as the guy rode past them.
Now what do you call that? Ingenuity?

Re: Helmet Wahala In Nigeria by Shaz(f): 12:52am On Jan 12, 2009
Omigoodness. . Seriously? That is a quite sorry sight.

By the way, this is posted in the wrong section.
Re: Helmet Wahala In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 12, 2009
ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

OMG!!! NAIJA, I HAIL THEE shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Helmet Wahala In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 12, 2009
This weekend, i saw a woman passenger on OKADA wearing gele (headtie) with a helmet balanced on top of it (i.e. the headtie). So what is the helmet protecting? The headtie?

More amazement. Another guy drove past on OKADA with a, wait for it, a paint bucket on his head! You
Dulux pangolo paint buckets (the small size), he put it on his head
and used the handle as strap under his chin.

The sight was so incredulous that all the police men at Herbert Macaulay junction
burst out laughing in stupor and shock as the guy rode past them.
Now what do you call that? Ingenuity?

lmaooooooooooo, this should be in th ejoke sect
Re: Helmet Wahala In Nigeria by A40(m): 1:13am On Jan 12, 2009
I go die ooh!! WTF!! shocked shocked
Re: Helmet Wahala In Nigeria by Moonstone(f): 1:24am On Jan 12, 2009
LOL - This is sooooooooooooo flipping hilarious. I love that pic.
I want a Paint bucket helmet too! sad sad cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Helmet Wahala In Nigeria by giantstep(m): 10:58am On Jan 12, 2009
i think that picture was a complete sham, why do Nigerians always belittle themselves to the international community? it was (in my opinion) a cheap way to get attention, becos the Rider had his helment on his bike and choose to wear a paint container (any sense in that?).pllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeessssssssssssse photojournalists you can be more constructive and stop all these overrated staging of who and what Nigerians can do , remember that non nigerians also browse , so watch it , i dont want to get belligerent on the Newspaper that sent it , they are intellectually poor , shame shame shame , shame?
NB * look b4 you leap, that pix was staged
Re: Helmet Wahala In Nigeria by alex406(m): 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2009
We are bound of always posing with new things everyday.People now wear handkerchief on their head before wearing the helmet just for them not to disappear.
Re: Helmet Wahala In Nigeria by sunnykiss(m): 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin, Funnyyyy cap na pot remain make dem use cover dem head that cap is very annoying to me , i hate it , some does not fit my head sef, i dey fear to board okada now adays sef

(1) (Reply)

Michelin78 / Cost Of Fencing A Plot Of Land In Ibadan / False Accusers Of Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.