Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. (1606 Views)

Picture Of A Perfectly Looking Ogbono And Egusi Soup / What Soup Can You Prepare With N1000 Naira? / Snake Pepper Soup Prepared By A Nairalander With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by OpraMenu(m): 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
WHILE IN ESAN, EDO STATE. I YEARNED TO TEST THE VARIETY OF MEALS COOKED BY THE PEOPLE SO I ASKED A LADY (WHO SHOULD KNOW) WHAT TYPE OF MEALS THEY HAVE, SHE REPLIED BY LISTING RICE AND STEW, EGUSI SOUP, OGBONO SOUP AND BLACK SOUP. I Was Shocked To Hear Black Soup , Lo and behold at a glance of the soup indeed IT WAS BLACK and i lost appetite for anything called food for that day. Other Meals That She Mentioned Are Common To Every Tribe in nigeria.

My Question Is , IS BLACK SOUP THE ONLY LOCAL MEAL OF ESAN PEOPLE ? Please Enlighten Me.

Note : This Is Not To malign or mock the Esan People.
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
I'm not from Esan but I love eating black soup.
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by OpraMenu(m): 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
brito:
I'm not from Esan but I love eating black soup.
Are you serious?
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
OpraMenu:

Are you serious?

Yes, you'll like it if you eat it.
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by OpraMenu(m): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
brito:

Yes, you'll like it if you eat it.
Have you lived there before ?
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
OpraMenu:
Have you lived there before ?

No, I do visit
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by OpraMenu(m): 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
brito:

No, I do visit
How did you feel when you heard the name black soup ?
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by Redoil: 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
OpraMenu:
How did you feel when you heard the name black soup ?
that soup you are calling black soup is highly medicinal depending on the species of leaf use in preparing it. It has been used for curing stomach ach, pile, stroke, diabeties, low sperm count etc. It is mostly use as an appetizer.

Guy that soup is very delicious anytime anyday
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by OpraMenu(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
Redoil:
that soup you are calling black soup is highly medicinal depending on the species of leaf use in preparing it. It has been used for curing stomach ach, pile, stroke, diabeties, low sperm count etc. It is mostly use as an appetizer.

Guy that soup is very delicious anytime anyday
Hmm interesting! Do you know of any other food ?
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by Redoil: 11:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
OpraMenu:
Hmm interesting! Do you know of any other food ?
as in another type of food yes. But we should learn to eat our food as medicine or else we might eat our medicine as food
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by OpraMenu(m): 6:00am On Feb 28, 2015
Redoil:
as in another type of food yes. But we should learn to eat our food as medicine or else we might eat our medicine as food
Please mention them.
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by chymystique(f): 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lol, Op u r quite a hilarious fellow. Its a very popular esan soup. This your post reminded me of the first time I set my eyes on black soup, I lost my appetite on the spot. Imagine visting my friend's family home years ago and the food was served only for me to look into the soup bowl and see one black stuff that's same colour with those black stuff being removed frm drainage pipes. I was having cramps and irritated already and on seeing the soup, the hunger left me instantly. My ex's mum was just looking @ me to know what I was gonna do, I had to start picking @ d wheat and d soup, infact I was swallowing just wheat. Ate a lil and apologised to the woman that am not used to it and cramps wont lemme eat and excused ma self from the table.

The second time it was prepared in their home, I enjoyed it though the colour wasnt helpin matters @ all cheesy.. but sincerely speaking that soup aint ma ideal soup whether medicinal o not.
Re: THE BLACK SOUP, Indeed It Was Black. by OpraMenu(m): 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
chymystique:
Lol, Op u r quite a hilarious fellow. Its a very popular esan soup. This your post reminded me of the first time I set my eyes on black soup, I lost my appetite on the spot. Imagine visting my friend's family home years ago and the food was served only for me to look into the soup bowl and see one black stuff that's same colour with those black stuff being removed frm drainage pipes. I was having cramps and irritated already and on seeing the soup, the hunger left me instantly. My ex's mum was just looking @ me to know what I was gonna do, I had to start picking @ d wheat and d soup, infact I was swallowing just wheat. Ate a lil and apologised to the woman that am not used to it and cramps wont lemme eat and excused ma self from the table.

The second time it was prepared in their home, I enjoyed it though the colour wasnt helpin matters @ all cheesy.. but sincerely speaking that soup aint ma ideal soup whether medicinal o not.
I lived there for 11 months i never wanted to sight that soup at all.

(1) (Reply)

See This Huge Python Snake That Turned Good Meat / Freelancer Job For Food Cooks / African Restaurant Leeds Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.