Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Leonard Nimoy, Spock Of ‘star Trek,’ Dies At 83 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Leonard Nimoy, Spock Of ‘star Trek,’ Dies At 83 (599 Views)

Movie Download: Star Trek Beyond / Watch [star Trek Beyond] Full Movie HD!! / Tony Dyson: Builder Of Star Wars' R2-D2 Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leonard Nimoy, Spock Of ‘star Trek,’ Dies At 83 by candycrushsoda: 7:52am On Feb 28, 2015
Leonard Nimoy, the sonorous, gaunt-faced actor who won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-alien first officer of the Starship Enterprise in the television and movie juggernaut “Star Trek,” died on Friday morning at his home in the Bel Air section of Los Angeles. He was 83.

His wife, Susan Bay Nimoy, confirmed his death, saying the cause was end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Mr. Nimoy announced last year that he had the disease, attributing it to years of smoking, a habit he had given up three decades earlier. He had been hospitalized earlier in the week.

His artistic pursuits — poetry, photography and music in addition to acting — ranged far beyond the United Federation of Planets, but it was as Mr. Spock that Mr. Nimoy became a folk hero, bringing to life one of the most indelible characters of the last half century: a cerebral, unflappable, pointy-eared Vulcan with a signature salute and blessing: “Live long and prosper” (from the Vulcan “Dif-tor heh smusma”).

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/television/leonard-nimoy-spock-of-star-trek-dies-at-83.html?_r=0&referrer=

Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock Of ‘star Trek,’ Dies At 83 by LordReed(m): 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Came here to see if anyone was paying their respects to this beloved actor.

May his soul RIP.
Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock Of ‘star Trek,’ Dies At 83 by bejeria101(m): 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
LordReed:
Came here to see if anyone was paying their respects to this beloved actor.

May his soul RIP.

Wow im just seeing dis,he was a gifted actor r.i.p sir
Re: Leonard Nimoy, Spock Of ‘star Trek,’ Dies At 83 by skyra: 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
bejeria101:

Wow im just seeing dis,he was a gifted actor r.i.p sir
his performance as spock was so commanding that I believed that was his real name. He made me fall in love with the sci fi genre . You will be sorely missed! R.I.P.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Movies That Showcase Sophisticated Military Hardwares. / Game Of Thrones Special Effects Editor Mauled To Death By Lion In S.A / How Does Movie Producers Make Their Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.