Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

About The Colour- Changing Dress On Social Media - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / About The Colour- Changing Dress On Social Media (2420 Views)

See Photo Of a Man Posing Inside A Casket Sparks Outrage On Social Media / Share Your Happy Independence Day Picture You Have Come Across On Social Media / Which Colour Can You See On This Dress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About The Colour- Changing Dress On Social Media by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
To anyone who believed the "if u see blue and black, you are depressed" post, well that post is a scam. Here is what is behind the "colour changing dress".

In 2009, scientist Jay Nietz, a colour vision scientist at the university of Washington, conducted a study on how the brain processes the light that hit cells in our eyes. The cones in your brain are connected to the visual cortex by the optic nerve. The way the neurons in your brain processes this light depends on how your brain is wired. If you are left-brained, you are more likely to see the dress as white and gold. This is because the left side of your brain processes lighter colours such as white and gold; and because you're "left-brain" dominate, more neurons from the optic nerve are connected to your left brain hemisphere. Left-brained people tend to favour logic, and generally excel in mathematics and language, and tend to remember the words of a song over the tune.

If u are right-brained, you're more likely to see blue and black, because the right side of your brain processes darker colours such as blue and black. And "right brain" dominate people have more neurons from the optic nerve connected to the right hemisphere of the brain. Right-brained people are usually creative and imaginative, favouring the arts, and tend to remember the tune of a song over the lyrics.

Culled from GOOGLE, cos someone will ask me the source..

Me, I keep on seeing blue and gold oooo,, am I centre brained?? Lol..

This stuff is really trending, apparently it has increased the sales of the company by almost 300%

People are now doing funny memes with it,, will share some for you guys..

Re: About The Colour- Changing Dress On Social Media by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
More

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Do While Having Sex / The Choice Of Tinubu's Running Mate Critical Review Of Political Behaviour / Exposed! "Amoda Ogunlere" Tinubu's real name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.