Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? (19042 Views)

Europa League Final: It Was Boring, United Only Played Long Balls – Ajax Coach, / Ballon D'ior Is Getting Boring / Boring Boring Chelsea??? Watch Chelsea's Trick Shot. Mikel Scores.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
So me and my hommies were at home today arguing about which sport is the most boring to watch or play ever! And I thought to myself, hmmmmmmm Friedplantain, why don't you write about it and bring it on to nairaland just to a wider view. So guys, what sport do you consider the most boring ever? let's here your opinion. Below is my list. smiley

Golf: Golf is the first word that comes to mind when you hear the words sports and boring together.There’s no excitement, the announcers are reminiscent of your boring uncle, the golfers put a ball in the hole, take their caps off in return of a round of applause from an audience mostly comprising of Sunday golfers and their caddies. They don’t run, unless there’s a loose dog in the greens; they simply stroll. The only fun part is when the ball ends up in a pond or a bunker or gets lost in the woods. Now imagine hitting a golf ball 15 times, and every time you hit it, you ride in a golf cart to the ball. You end up spending more time in a golf cart than you spend playing the game. Such a terrible game to watch, only suitable for retired old men and the obese!

Swimming: I’ll be the first to admit, 2008 went a long way towards developing appreciation and interest in swimming. I’ll also be the first to admit that I could make painting my bedroom a national fascination if it was an Olympic sport. You can’t see the swimmers, so you can’t cheer or appreciate your favorite. Instead, you end up rooting for a rubber hat and goggles. When the moving yellow lines that represent the world record and Olympic record make the sport about 70% more interesting, you know you’ve got a boring sport on your hands.

Baseball: It's like watching paint dry.Baseball is outdated and so completely boring that I can't believe that it's still even a thing. I can see maybe a hundred years ago baseball making sense. There was nothing else to do, no TV, no internet, less premarital sex. I can imagine living in that time and finding nothing better to do than watch some people hit a ball with a stick in this unbelievably slow paced game. But not today! Like common guys! Baseball is what I use to put myself to sleep when I have to wake up early for work. i simply switch from anything channel that is keeping me from sleeping to ESPN and voila, I'm already zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Such a sad game embarassed.

Basketball: Yes I know most basketball lovers on nairaland would most likely eat me raw once they notice their beloved sport made my list but hey sport doesn't get more boring than basketball in my opinion. Any sport that has a 'foul' every 30 seconds shouldn't even be considered a sport and to add sublime to the ridiculous, the game pattern is so insanely monotonic and boring! You score, I score. You shoot, I shoot. You score, I score, You shoot, I shoot. You score, I score. You shoot, I shoot. Game over!! If I was really interested in watching someone score continously for over 40 minutes, I'd rather just watch p0rn!

Cricket: cricket on its own day can be dreadfully daft and painstakingly slow (thank you Supersport for slowly killing us everyday with this). The bowler is happy to swing his arm over and be done with six deliveries and the batsmen is even happier to let most of them make their way to the man with the most boring job in the world, the wicket-keeper. angry To main things more worst, the bowler guy keeps rubbing the ball on his crotch and then spitting on it and then rubbing it again again!....like the phuck? Combine these characteristics with 13 soporifically dressed players, half of them half asleep in the slip-cordon, and you get 5 days of uninspiring and insipid duel in a placid atmosphere.

Curling: This sport must have been a mistake. Putting two teams together and asking them to sweep a rock across the floor and then judging who swept better is not sport, surely not. If sports were ever classified as pure entertainment, curling would be the perfect irony. Where’s the fun in rolling a stone on an almost frictionless surface with two others quite aimlessly and amusingly scraping the surface with modified broomsticks, in the ambitious hopes of changing its velocity and direction. the first time I saw curling on TV, I was so bored I almost felt like jumping off a cliff. So so sad and so dead-brain boring. cry cry

So guys, what sport do you consider the most boring ever? let's here your opinion. smiley

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by TrishaP(f): 1:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
Golf... I'll rather watch figure skating.

2 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Mynd44: 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
The most boring sport ever is chasing girls....

21 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
Cricket. I don't even know how the damn sport is played undecided

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
Cricket... I'd rather watch fashion police.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by cozy7(m): 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
My most boring sport ever is football, I rather stay idle than watch full grown men running up n down in boxers on a piece of land.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by stan241(m): 1:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
Has to be cricket though so so annoying

1 Like

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2015
Mynd44:
The most boring sport ever is chasing girls....

Chasing after women is fun bro. Stop the blasphemy! angry angry

9 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
cozy7:
My most boring sport ever is football, I rather stay idle than watch full grown men running up n down in boxers on a piece of land.
Seriously, Football? Hahahaha bro, you must be joking. grin grin

21 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
TrishaP:
Golf... I'll rather watch figure skating.
Yeah true but Figure skating is another really really boring sport to watch. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Euphrosyne(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
My boring sport is gotta be...... Thinkin.......... i don't even knw wat to write

*modified

Diving
Sprints (Don't knw wat dey are runnin frm)
Gymnastics (dancing stuff)
Squash (i will like to slap d founders of dis game)
Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by CuteInBlack(m): 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Fishing, no questions. angry

4 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by vjsmiles: 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
cozy7:
shocked

YOUR ROBOTIC OS IS WAY OUTDATED..
BETTER UPGRADE TO LOLLIPOP 5.00 angry

8 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Mynd44: 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Chasing after women is fun bro. Stop the blasphemy! angry angry
How the heck is that fun?
Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by whizjay(m): 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
Omo.....

Na Cricket oh....

I'd rather watch Buhari giving a Speech...

grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by LewisO: 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Basketball ought not to be there at all. Who told u Basketball is boring? undecided

Many countries love watching it (Basketball) one and all America they only love watching it and some other European countries. Very interesting game!

To me i dislike Golf it's very boring.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by buskie13(m): 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Cricket,..

it's so boring watching them rejoicing without knowing what happend....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Oo I love Cricket and Golf o..bigboiz game. I hate that injury friendly game Americans call football.

2 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by plainmirror(m): 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
I think 'boredom' is synonymous with 'Rugby sport'.
Grown-up men chasing and running with an oval ball.

3 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by jeeqaa7(m): 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Dart

1 Like

undecided

Wrestling. It is as fake as the boobs and butts of Nigerian girls undecided

7 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by tociano009(m): 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Cricket

2 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Bucharest: 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
CRICKET!! Followed by Golf, Baseball and Boxing. They are all snooze-worthy.

1 Like

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by mytime24(f): 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Golf
Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by Maczeelly(m): 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Cricket

Golf
football tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by korel9: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
Kpanshing grin

Ever heard of it? angry
Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by jeeqaa7(m): 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
buskie13:
v

V for virginus
Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by bright007(f): 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
football

2 Likes

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by majamajic(m): 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
Cricket Tried so many times to understand the rules but never.

1 Like

Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by auntymi(f): 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
mytime24:
Golf
secondEd
Re: What is your Most Boring Sport Ever? by steppin: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
Cricket. Just don't understand why people carry bats and throw balls at one another!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer Leaves Manchester United / ‘why Zidane Should Not Sign Eden Hazard’- Chris Sutton / Femi Otedola Pays Peter Fregene's Medical Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.