Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

How To Get A Job Part 2 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get A Job Part 2 (551 Views)

Entry Level/industrial Trainee Jobs :without Experience Part 2 / PART 2: Important Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV / 5 Tough Interview Questions You May Likely Fail- Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Job Part 2 by NkyOtk: 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
In the first part, certain tips where established as imperatives for a successful performance in any job interview. In truth there doesn’t seem to be a definite amount of tips to guarantee total success in this venture. In light of this fact, I took the pains to gather extra feedback from more of my ‘human resource’ friends. It is my hope that you appreciate my efforts and determination to provide you this invaluable knowledge.

Continued:

4. MANNERISM & ETIQUETTE: the show begins when you cross through that door. They begin to gaze at your appearance, like you are one cute white lab rat. Some might even bend their eye spectacles as if to take a proper examination of your body features (Dammy Krane for the girls). Well, do not be afraid, for I am with you…Alright, i retract that, the truth is, you are ‘on your own’ (you are in the OYO STATE and not the AVATAR STATE). A fine display of good manners such as greeting them formally, sitting straight up, politely listening and acknowledging their points, focusing on them without starring sarcastically, will no doubt give you an edge in reaching the hearts of these gods (even when the gods must be crazy). Additionally, good manners can be reflected in every detail of one’s conduct, such as opening the door.
Handling the door must be done in such a way that it is properly shut with your front body facing the interviewers, letting your hand finish off in a seemingly clandestine and effective manner.
The knowledge of business etiquette is invaluable as it guarantees the aura of professionalism from a job applicant to the appreciation of the job givers. Thus, one must learn when to stand up, how to shake hands firmly and professionally (up down, up down), how to position your legs (never cross your leg in front of a job interviewer’s desk except you are its DAD/MOM or BOSS, which you should never imagine anytime soon), this is because a person in position of authority will not tolerate any iota of laxity or overconfidence from any subordinate. The crossing of legs could connote this. Additionally, application of professional etiquette also aids your manner of speech (trust me you don’t want to use slangs and all that crappy english) and guarantee a good rapport with these professional moguls. A lot can be said on this point, yeah, but let’s move on. biko.

To see more, kindly click the link [https://legalwatchmen./2015/02/28/how-to-get-a-job-part-2/]

(1) (Reply)

Dispatch Riders Needed At A Fast Growing Courier Outfit / Research Officers Vacancies At Skill Enhancement Centre In Lagos / RELATIONSHIP MATTERS & HOOK-UPS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.