Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,131 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) (58769 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A9 With 6 Inch Full HD Display Officially Unveiled / SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Was Released Today, See This... / Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
Time to dump my S5.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
wow
OohMpa:
Quite dumb actually.....

Samsung just shot themselves in the foot with the exclusions of sd card and removable battery, their edge against other Android flagships; all in joining the trend of obsession for thinness.

And with the so called "thin crave", they shrunk the battery with a battery hog of a resolution and super Amoled. We'll wait for the battery tests though
Even downgraded to a single led flash....angry

Ooh Mpa sees a further plummet in sales especially in the dev category seeing they opted for in house Soc with less open source

Ooh Mpa is sticking with his note 4 for the next two years. THANKS angry

Nope they actually didn't.

The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge does use new type of flash memory featuring in the handset called UFS (Universal Flash Storage) 2.0 to enhance data speeds and power consumption, as well as improve speed of use - which is why the SD slot has been dropped.

The chipset, screen and operating system is more efficient and consumes less power. Note 3 had a bigger battery than note 4 but the latter produces extra juice. If you need extra storage, you can use cloud or pay a little extra for a higher version. The lowest is 32 gig which is outrightly enough.

These phones are beasts and HTC just shot themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ketekete: 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
12 Reasons Samsung Galaxy s6 is Better than iphone6

Learn more: http://ketekete.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6-plus/

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Ezebinaugwu(m): 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
Samsung won't kill us with phones, I will wait petianty when it will be available in second hand I will get one. Currently rocking ma s5 I bought @25k

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by jamilkb(m): 8:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
G
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by frinx: 8:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
GALAXY EDGE....
lovely design..
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by redmist(m): 8:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Machine!
Okada

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by highlyhonoured7: 8:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
shocked grin i just love usin every brand of this samsong as if my life depend on it.....#up PRINCESS FACH.....princessfach@gmail.com.......God bless nigeria and U.S.A
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ammyluv2002(f): 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
redmist:

Okada
grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by austinbrown: 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Team q10
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by akpanikpe(m): 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Same day as HTC one M9, now dat is what I call machine not dis toy.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Electronzeez(m): 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
If u aint using a samsung phone then you are missing.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Ilekeh(f): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
I'm not impressed. Nothing can make me change from my htc m8
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Adiwana: 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
Never again will i go mad cos of phone again.this same companies produce same phone with little improvement..jus dey fool us.before i see customized gold iphone5S,before i dey say jack robinson,Iphone6 land and same old people rushed to get the new phone.i ask,where the other phone go..SMH
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
S6 Edge looks handsome.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by jericco1(m): 8:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Woah. There's God o. Wonder what Note5 will look and be like.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by OohMpa: 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
ollah1:
The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge does use new type of flash memory featuring in the handset called UFS (Universal Flash Storage) 2.0 to enhance data speeds and power consumption, as well as improve speed of use - which is why the SD slot has been dropped.

The chipset, screen and operating system is more efficient and consumes less power. Note 3 had a bigger battery than note 4 but the latter produces extra juice. If you need extra storage, you can use cloud or pay a little extra for a higher version. The lowest is 32 gig which is outrightly enough.

Lol.......

UFS has nothing to do with sd card or why it's dropped. Ooh Mpa doesn't care about the expansion but do yourself a favor check the general community, forums, etc. One of the few reasons we stuck to Samsung is the sd card

And note 4 has a 20mAh increase over note 3. S6 shrunk by more than 250mAh. The difference in battery life if there is won't be obvious. Let's wait for the battery tests....

32 gb and 64 gb prices won't be "a little extra" That difference can get you a 64 gb sd card or more rather than spending tons of data on OneDrive

Samsung skipped the Snapdragon....reduced sales
Samsung's entry level price is steep even compared to Apple's....reduced sales
They went from 35% to 25% last year. This year would be more like 20%

#Sai
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Cmanforall: 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ladies to clinch on guys heads now....

Anyway, it was released @the right time----AFTER VAL... grin

But Hey!!! Don't rejoice yet if your girlfriend, her mother or her sisters are yet to celebrate their 2015 birthdays..... grin

#1kobo

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by OwolabiJ: 8:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE REPLACEMENT RECRUITMENT SLOT 2015/2016 call the RECRUITMENT OFFICER Mr Bankole Collins on 009-234-810-820-8325 for assistant and inquires. CATEGORY OF A GENERAL DUTY (1) SUPERINTENDENT CADRE (2) INSPECTOR CADRE (3) ASSISTANT CADRE (B) AIRWING: (1)SUPERINTENDE NT CADRE (2)INSPECTOR CADRE (3)ASSISTANT CADRE (C) MECHANICAL1) SUPERINTENDENT CADRE (2) INSPECTOR CADRE (D) BUILDING: (1) SUPERINTENDENT CADRE (2) INSPECTOR CADRE (3) ASSISTANT CADRE (E) ELECTRICAL: (1) SUPERINTENDENT CADRE (2)INSPECTOR CADRE (3) ASSISTANT CADRE (F)PRINTING: (1)INSPECTOR CADRE (2)ASSISTANT CADRE (G)ACCOUNTS/ AUDIT: (1)SUPERINTENDE NT CADRE (2)INSPECTOR CADRE (3) ASSISTANT CADRE (H) SECRETARY/ SECRETARIAL ASSISTANT: (1) INSPECTOR CADRE (I) STORES: (1) INSPECTOR CADRE (J) ASSISTANT CADRE GENERAL CONDITIONS All candidates must: Be a Nigerian by birth or descent. Not be less than 1.7 metres in height, for male and 1.64 metres for female. measurement of not less than 0.87 metres, male.Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment. Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability,Be free from any form of financial embarrassment. Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence.. NCE SSCE ND HND BSC Have a Certificate of State of Origin signed by the Chairman or Secretary of their Local Governments. . How to Apply METHOD OF APPLICATION If you meet the requirements for the above positions and are interested in pursuing a career with Nigeria Customs Service, please forward your email ....or contact the RECRUITMENT OFFICER Mr Bankole Collins on 009-234-810-820-8325 on how to purchase the form and for directive. SIGNED MANAGEMENT
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
OohMpa:

Lol.......

UFS has nothing to do with sd card or why it's dropped. Ooh Mpa doesn't care about the expansion but do yourself a favor check the general community, forums, etc. One of the few reasons we stuck to Samsung is the sd card

And note 4 has a 20mAh increase over note 3. S6 shrunk by more than 250mAh. The difference in battery life if there is won't be obvious. Let's wait for the battery tests....

32 gb and 64 gb prices won't be "a little extra" That difference can get you a 64 gb sd card or more unlike spending tons of data on OneDrive

Samsung skipped the Snapdragon....reduced sales
Samsung's entry level price is steep even compared to Apple's....reduced sales
They went from 35% to 25% last year. This year would be more like 20%

#Sai

What bothers me is why techies always like to show off their knowledge by arguing and condemning. SD Card isnt necessary in this and next generation, the reason is simple. Cloud computing saves us all the energy of shopping for large Gb storage from hardwares. Samsung has cloud service, so what I and every other futuristic person do is store all your files in the cloud play them right from there using any of your samsung phones, tv etc. Stop arguing about SD, it simply makes you sound so 19th century. No insult intended.

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Rexhandsome(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
Another one?Haba.I will wait till S20 comes out.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
I'm still rocking my S4... and planning to buy S5 grin Samsung rocks menhn!

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ogedanny: 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by phlio(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
Holywizard:
trust me Linda Ikeji will first Seun to buy this phone.
Seun prove me wrong.

Just #200,000
seun know's the value of money and how it bein spent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by HyDef(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
I'm not very enthralled by the design. Still the same Galaxy look, and to me, the Galaxy look is boring.

Top of the line specs, although I don't think the removal of water-resistance was such a spectacular idea. I know they want to reserve that feature for the S6 Active, but that's one of the selling points of the Xperia Z line, and by addressing that, they prevent the competition from having an obvious pro.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by ayanbaba2(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
naija!
they will never change...
always aiming to have what they never need...
money blower,
una never pleased with anything; all those smart phone u are never full you, abi?
Later dem go dey yawn "the economy is not growing"
puting all the blame on jonajona...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by HolyHero: 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
Chadso:
Samsung nd dia phones
Chadso:
Samsung nd dia phones [e tire me o][quote author=Chadso post=31208857]Samsung nd dia phones

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by LewisO: 9:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
Samsung is just confused, why will they unveil two super phones at the same?undecided That will definitely slow down the sale of the two, because people will be having different mind on which one to go for between the two, they would have let the interval to be at least 3 months before unveiling the second.

I don't think "Samsung" is sensible, they aren't logical like "Apple".

They haven't even finish selling S5.

Naso money dey hungry dem reach? Nawo o, wey pple still dey rock S5. Dey wan just cause confusing.

Anyway am Still rocking my........................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Officially Unveiled (Pictures) by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Do ppl still care about phones infact how is dis beta than the iphone 6 or galaxzy s5 in real world use.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak / Whatsapp Introduces 'view Once,' Which Deletes Media After It Has Been Viewed / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.