Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,759 members, 7,813,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama (867 Views)

Mfon Aniekan Jacob Recognized In Akwa Ibom For Designing This Craft Work / 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama. / Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama by Raymondeji(m): 9:14am On Mar 02, 2015
19 year old Nigerian Harvard student Saheela Ibraheem has been recognized as one of the World's 50 smartest teenagers in 2015. Saheela, a neurologist undergraduate in Harvard was invited to the White house where she met with the Obamas who celebrated her great feat last Thursday Feb. 26th. She was one of those celebrated by the US government to mark 'The Black History Month".

Saheela got admitted into the Ivy League school at the age of 15 and at the time of her admission was also offered a letter of acceptance by 13 other top colleges in the United States, including six Ivy League institutions. She however chose Harvard, making her one of the youngest students to ever attend the university. Saheela will be graduating in May this year.
President Obama while celebrating her described her as a wonderful lady.
"There are a lot of teenagers in the world. Saheela is like one of the 50 smartest ones. That’s pretty smart. And she’s a wonderful young lady. She’s like the State Department and the National Institute of Health all rolled into one. And we are so proud of your accomplishments and all that lies ahead of you. And you reflect our history.
Young people like you inspire our future.” he said

According to Saheela, passion is what's made her attain such academic feat.
“If you are passionate about what you do, and I am passionate about most of these things, especially with math and science, it will work out well,” she said
According to her mother, Saheela had always been independent as a child and had never wanted anyone to help her with her homework
“She’s like always independent. I never get to help with her homework because she’d say ‘it’s my work mommy, not yours.’ she said
Congrats to Saheela...

Re: 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama by Napoleone(m): 9:17am On Mar 02, 2015
Nice one.
Re: 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama by tunde82seidat(f): 9:28am On Mar 02, 2015
PROUD OF U GURL
Re: 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama by Geewynn(m): 9:29am On Mar 02, 2015
GEJ till 2019..

1 Like

Re: 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama by yungest(m): 7:33am On Mar 08, 2015
Geewynn:
GEJ till 2019..
go find work
Re: 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama by Geewynn(m): 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
yungest:
go find work
i give ur papa work na
Re: 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
Wow.......this is good. More grease to her elbow. God bless Nigeria. #TeamNeverAgain. ........................................buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). 24/7 services available. Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.
Re: 19 Year Old Nigerian Harvard Student Recognized, Commended By Pres. Obama by yungest(m): 8:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
Geewynn:
i give ur papa work na
smh 4sum pipo....anyway ain't got tym 2tlk 2pipo lyk u. ..I've got beta tinx 2do

(1) (Reply)

Can You Solve This {photo} / Chi In Igbo / Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State Post-utme, Direct Entry, And Par

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.