Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Break Light On Dash Board, Break Not Catching As Expected And Air Sound 4m Pedal - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Break Light On Dash Board, Break Not Catching As Expected And Air Sound 4m Pedal (1203 Views)

Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board / Epc On Dash Board / My Break Light Is Permanently ON. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Break Light On Dash Board, Break Not Catching As Expected And Air Sound 4m Pedal by kinremi(m): 10:27am On Mar 02, 2015
Hello,

Please I really need help.

My 2008 Lexus RX 350 car break is not responding as expected, the Break Light on Dash board is constantly on even when the park break has been released and air sound is coming out from the pedal every time it is matched.

Please I need possible suggestions and solutions.

Thank you.
Re: Break Light On Dash Board, Break Not Catching As Expected And Air Sound 4m Pedal by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:39am On Mar 02, 2015
replace brake servo.

1 Like

Re: Break Light On Dash Board, Break Not Catching As Expected And Air Sound 4m Pedal by abatically(m): 10:50am On Mar 02, 2015
first check if u are low in brake oil. If that checks then follow Gazzuz's advice.

1 Like

Re: Break Light On Dash Board, Break Not Catching As Expected And Air Sound 4m Pedal by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
This is clearly Brake servo Issues, I had similar problems late last year, Just urgently change the servo and save yourself of brake failures, because these are the early signs of hydrolic brake failures. To cofirm this you will notice that your brake fliud is normal and your brake pedal will produce air leak when you press it.

1 Like

Re: Break Light On Dash Board, Break Not Catching As Expected And Air Sound 4m Pedal by kinremi(m): 10:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
Really appreciate all your responses. I called in a mechanic today and confirmed it is the break servo.

How much is the price of a break servo, I don't want to be cheated.

Thanks for your swift responses.
Re: Break Light On Dash Board, Break Not Catching As Expected And Air Sound 4m Pedal by kinremi(m): 7:47am On Mar 05, 2015
Please I am still expecting responses on it, what is the price of a Brake Servo.
Re: Break Light On Dash Board, Break Not Catching As Expected And Air Sound 4m Pedal by kakameks: 11:54am On Jul 09, 2016
Saw your PM.

As the posters above says it it the servo, so you can either replace it or have your mechanic open yours to see if he can work on it.
The servo piston is a fairly simple device just like a piston that pushes the brake fluids when the brake pedal is stepped-on. and just like an engine's internal piston that has oil rings to prevent oil entering into the combustion chamber, so too does the piston in the servo has rubber rings to prevent air entering the servo chamber and brake fluid from leaking.

In my case this rubber ring was twisted and it came off its seating thus allowing air and brake fluid to leak into the servo, That is the reason you hear the air escaping when the brake pedal stepped on and released. The vacuum seal has been broken. if your lucky it could just be the rubber seal that needs resetting or replacement else it maybe something more. after resetting mine the brake has been as good as new.

Overall get a SMART mechanic to open the servo, he should be able to decipher how the internal mechanism works and proffer a solution (remember you already planned on changing it so no harm in opening it to confirm if it can be fixed, don't pay any attention to "Oga dem no dey open am or work am" from the local mechanic)

Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing: Little Boy Constructs NNPC Fuel Tanker With Local Materials (photos) / Wealthy Igbo Man Buries His Father In A Brand New N32 Million Bmw Suv / Online Car Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.