Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. (743 Views)

And I Eventually Fail Jamb ( Screenshot) / A Question That Kept Me Thinking All The Day. / Lol..seriously This Got Me Thinking(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by mtchris(m): 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
Just this afternoon i was relaxing at home and this came into my mind. It's somehow funny but please my fellow nairalanders it concerns the university. My question is: Since we have VC (Vice Chancellor) in the UNIVERSITY, who is now the C (Chancellor)? The government or what?
NOTE: Am not in TERTIARY institution yet.
Re: Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by Wuuworld(m): 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
The juju priest in your village..
Re: Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by mtchris(m): 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
Wuuworld:
The juju priest in your village..
thanks
Re: Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by Francman(m): 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
The governor/president/proprietor for state/federal/private uni.
Re: Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by mtchris(m): 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
Francman:
The governor/president/proprietor for state/federal/private uni.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by Acecube(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
most times the chancellor position in universities in Nigeria is given to royalties.. e.g obas, emirs e.t.c its more of a ceremonial thing, I guess by so doing salary is sure for them. (note: I didn't say their livelihood depends on it)
the above applies to fg/state owned universities, for private like the poster above said proprietors/owner are the chancellors

1 Like

Re: Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by mtchris(m): 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
Acecube:
most times the chancellor position in universities in Nigeria is given to royalties.. e.g obas, emirs e.t.c its more of a ceremonial thing, I guess by so doing salary is sure for them. (note: I didn't say their livelihood depends on it)
the above applies to fg/state owned universities, for private like the poster above said proprietors/owner are the chancellors
Thäñks bro
Re: Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by Acecube(m): 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
mtchris:
Thäñks bro
you are welcome
Re: Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by omaolowo(m): 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
I feel there is the need to add these few lines to educate the member that started this thread.

It should be noted that there are more Officers or Positions in the University Administration than the two being mentioned so far ( Chancellor and Vice Chancellor)

The following constitutes the heirachy:
1. The Visitor
2. Chancellor
3. Pro-Chancellor & Chairman of Governing Council
4. Vice Chancellor

1. The Visitor
This is the representative of the "Owner" of the Institution. Up till recently, only the Governments (Federal or States) owned or created or funded Universities. Thus before the advent of Private Universities, The President (or Head of State) was the Visitor to all the Federal Universities.
On the other hand, the Governor would be the Visitor to the State University where he governs.

2. The Chancellor
This is a ceremonial leader. For most of the times they are to be found on the days such as Convocation. In Nigeria, the Royal Leaders, Obas, Emirs, Obis, are usually made Chancellors

3. Pro-Chancellor & Chairman of Governing Council
This, as the name suggests, is the leader of the University Council that gives the overall, broad guidelines for the University

4. Vice Chancellor
This can be likened to the 'Chief Executive'. He is both Academic and Administrative head of the Institution. He heads the Senate - the highest Academic organ

To assist the Vice Chancellor in running the Institution are:
- Deputy Vice Chancellor(s)
- Registrar
- Bursar
- Librarian
Re: Help!! This Got Me Thinking And I Need An Answer. by mtchris(m): 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
omaolowo thanks a lot man, really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

How Your Mobile Phone Can Help You Pass UTME / UNIUYO TERM PAPER: Relation Between Metaphysics And Physics / The Real Cause And Solution Of Sweaty Hands And Legs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.