Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

My Experience At The Theatre Today - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience At The Theatre Today (1776 Views)

Pregnant Doctor Carries Son Into The Theatre While Performing A Cesarean Section / My Scam Experience At The Hospital / Theatre Roof Caves In During Live Surgery In Ghana, One Dies (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The Theatre Today by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
I was wheeled on a wheel chair this morning at about 9 am this morning to the theatre.People who saw me were telling me "sorry".when we go to the theatre,I was told to pull off my footings mind u I had earlier removed everything I had on before I tied the hospital blue sheet around my bosom.I was later put on a stretcher and wheeled into the theatre room where the operation was to be done.I met the chief surgeon who was also chatting with his associate doctor,I saw two people from Anaesthetic department,two student doctors and three theatre attendant and two nurses.The associate doctor then asked me if I ate that morning,I told him "no".He was we are all here because of you,so anything u need ask me,then I was like I need food, they all burst into laughter.
They turned on the surgical light,fix the Bp machine and a clip like instrument on my left thumb.The association doctor came and tried to connect the drip but the place he inserted the needle tissued and the matron of the theatre came and was saying soothing words to me,she was "Joy,just relax you won't feel any pain"in my mind I was like "scam!!!!!,".But her words were true.The chief surgeon came with disinfectant,One nurse was like preety girl I will have to remove the blue sheet.....I was naked,no clothing.They cleaned the area(femoral region) and there after they started covering me with another set of sheet.I started shivering,every one was like I won't feel the pain
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by ucheheart(m): 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
Tell us about the surgery, how did it go? That is the koko.
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by Chrystover: 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
Tori don finish?
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by NobleAky(m): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
Chisos all diz pple saw ur red sea? Including the student doctors? Smh!!!
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
what were you operated for?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 03, 2015
sorry for the break,I sleep off.
The chief surgeon then called the nurses from anesthetic department to come and administer their drug.They had already covered my face with a curtain so that I won't be scared looking at the process. The lady came and gave me two injections "I feel".one on the right side of my stomach and another on my spinal cord region.... something like that.The pain from the injection made me scream,one of the theatre nurse "a mother indeed" came and told me that d pain will last for like 2 mins and thereafter I won't feel the pain through out the surgery but I will b awake.
After the injection,they started cutting through,I did feel pain though.I was silent for some minutes and the doctor was gisting with me and the rest.He was like after the operation,I should come and get money to buy the SUG form,I then told him DAT I have no intentions of contesting.He then said I should contest for the departmental president that he will sponsor me.I started feeling dizzy,I was seeing double of everything before I knew it I was saying things and they all laughing "I have a good sense of humour by nature".I didn't plan for it but words were just coming out.I remember calling the theatre senior nurse "mummy" and when she came close,I told her I wanted to read.They were laughing,the doctor was like they should give me a book to read.They brought a book but I couldn't see.I was still talking then one nurse came and told me to sleep.I still continued talking so they decided to make me sleep,they injected me again but for where...... I no sleep! I was just weak.After sometime they announced that they were done.I was then wheeled to the recovery room......Everybody working in d theatre that day knew my name.When I was in the recovery room I was still talking,Another woman there was like I should stop talking.I closed my eyes for some minutes and when I opened it,I was no longer seeing double.I was then wheeled to the Female surgical ward and then transfered to a bed.After some minutes I started feeling the pain and am still feeling.I was operated for INGUINAL HERNIA
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2015
Hope you are feeling much better now. Thank God you made it through the "knife". Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by honeyjoyce(f): 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2015
Sorry dearie. ..wish u a speedy recovery
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
Thank you very much
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2015
Wow!
Hope you've fully recovered now?
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by ElPhoche(m): 1:49am On Mar 24, 2015
I think you were also given ketamine, aside d 'spinal' that you received. Which teaching hospital was it, op?
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by Coldplay007(f): 6:41am On Mar 24, 2015
ElPhoche:
I think you were also given ketamine, aside d 'spinal' that you received. Which teaching hospital was it, op?

The spinal did not take and she was given a shot of ket..
And probably diazepam too....
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by ElPhoche(m): 7:29am On Mar 25, 2015
Coldplay007:

The spinal did not take and she was given a shot of ket..
And probably diazepam too....
Hmmmm... didn't you see the ' The lady came and gave
me two injections "I feel".one on the right side of my
stomach and another on my spinal cord region....'? Or did you mean that the spinal did not take effect? I think she also received d diazepam shaa, that's d other injection. Anyway, she sure did receive ketamine...
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by Redoil: 10:06am On Mar 25, 2015
Hernia a sickeness without no known cause
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by sisisioge: 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
Lordhavemercy! Pele...the Lord will continue to strengthen you.
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by forandy(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2015
undecided
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by forandy(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2015
Oya sorry
Re: My Experience At The Theatre Today by DAVIDOLADAPO795: 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2023
Pls message me on WhatsApp 07056939470 I want to ask some question about inguinal hernia. I dnt want u to drop ur no b4 I dm. Pls hi me. Thanks
sorry for the break,I sleep off.
The chief surgeon then called the nurses from anesthetic department to come and administer their drug.They had already covered my face with a curtain so that I won't be scared looking at the process. The lady came and gave me two injections "I feel".one on the right side of my stomach and another on my spinal cord region.... something like that.The pain from the injection made me scream,one of the theatre nurse "a mother indeed" came and told me that d pain will last for like 2 mins and thereafter I won't feel the pain through out the surgery but I will b awake.
After the injection,they started cutting through,I did feel pain though.I was silent for some minutes and the doctor was gisting with me and the rest.He was like after the operation,I should come and get money to buy the SUG form,I then told him DAT I have no intentions of contesting.He then said I should contest for the departmental president that he will sponsor me.I started feeling dizzy,I was seeing double of everything before I knew it I was saying things and they all laughing "I have a good sense of humour by nature".I didn't plan for it but words were just coming out.I remember calling the theatre senior nurse "mummy" and when she came close,I told her I wanted to read.They were laughing,the doctor was like they should give me a book to read.They brought a book but I couldn't see.I was still talking then one nurse came and told me to sleep.I still continued talking so they decided to make me sleep,they injected me again but for where...... I no sleep! I was just weak.After sometime they announced that they were done.I was then wheeled to the recovery room......Everybody working in d theatre that day knew my name.When I was in the recovery room I was still talking,Another woman there was like I should stop talking.I closed my eyes for some minutes and when I opened it,I was no longer seeing double.I was then wheeled to the Female surgical ward and then transfered to a bed.After some minutes I started feeling the pain and am still feeling.I was operated for INGUINAL HERNIA

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why You Are Cramping A Week Before Period Starts / What Does This Test Result Means / Healthy Benefits Of Red Wine Mixed With Garlic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.