Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In (34638 Views)

The UK officially The Worst Place Live In Europe? / Lagos The Beautiful (Pics) / South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by gentleaura(m): 12:36am On Mar 28, 2006
omoge02863:

hmmmmmmm

i was just wondering since i don't live in nigeria,

are ya'll talking about lagos state or the city ?

There's pratically little or no difference between the "Lagos" as a city and state. Its kind of a mix up.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by omogenaija(f): 1:01am On Mar 28, 2006
i am still confused,

which oneĀ  is this topic talking about ?? lagos city or state ??
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by jcanon: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2006
May be nobody knows about this place, where in every street or way that you take you can be killed, just because there people are poor and hungry, they stolej ust for get something to survive, food or money. In this place kids from 10 years old are whit pistols in his hands ready to kill just for money. they live in the streets, in the gethos, Belive me in dont recomend to anybody to live in the comunes of MEDELLIN, Colombia. Where every 5 hours a life is gone and is normal.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Ndipe(m): 1:40am On Jun 04, 2006
Lagos is the one of the worst places to live in the world, while another survey states that Nigerians are happiest people in the world.

Something is wrong here. Reiterating another poster here, what of war infested countries, what are their rankings?
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Drusilla(f): 7:51am On Jun 13, 2006
I had a white professor, whom I loved. The man loved Africa. He was an excellent teacher.

Yet, he hated Lagos with a passion. He warned every student there, do not go to Lagos.

I have an African American friend, who does journalism work in Nigeria. Now she loves Nigeria, says African Americans should just pick out a tribe in Nigeria and be done with looking for their roots in Africa. This is how sure she is that African Americans have something to do with the people in Nigeria.

Yet she warns African Americans against going to Lagos, she said they will arm rob you for the shirt off your back.

I have another African American friend, who says that people just do not like Lagos because Nigerians like to screw with people's heads. So they mess with whites and all visitors who come there.

He said he treats Nigerians just like they are African Americans and he has no problems.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by beyunce(f): 10:59am On Jun 13, 2006
Never lived there do cant tell.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Shagari2(m): 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2006
Don't mind them, it must be Lagos Portugal, not Lagos Nigeria! Lagos Nigeria is beautiful (not)[i][/i]

So many top ten cities in Canada, why? who lives in Canada here? is it really all that?
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Shagari2(m): 9:56pm On Jun 13, 2006
Don't mind them, it must be Lagos Portugal, not Lagos Nigeria! Lagos Nigeria is beautiful (not)

So many top ten cities in Canada, why? who lives in Canada here? is it really all that?
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by DaHitler(m): 12:40am On Jun 14, 2006
Yeah, Canada looks really nice. The cities look like American cities but with a 1/3 of the population. That makes it a lot cleaner and safer.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by lauryn(f): 4:16am On Jun 14, 2006
Canada is a pretty nice country, but not the best.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Mariory(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2006
If lagos is so bad, why are do most foreign investors build their head offices there? Why is it one of the fastest growing cities in the world?

Places like Bagdad (where people die daily) and Mogadishu aren't even in the bottom ten. Clearly those morons that produced the report are retarded.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by food4tot: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2006
And where was the survey carried out?
Maybe it was a ranking carried out about less than 500 people living in Canada.

I sometimes doubt the sanity of these researchers. They just can't stop measuring the temperature with a metric ruler. angry

Anyway, I can give 100 cities in Nigeria that I wouldn't live in (Lagos ain't one of them)
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by food4tot: 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2006
I pity the western media for poisoning the minds of their citizens. The world would move on without them and and they will still be saying "WE HAVE THE STRONGEST FOOTBALL TEAM, WE WON THE WORLD CUP IN 1966!!"

. . . thats the year England last won the world cup.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Shagari2(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2006
Mariory:

If lagos is so bad, why are do most foreign investors build their head offices there? Why is it one of the fastest growing cities in the world?

Places like Bagdad (where people die daily) and Mogadishu aren't even in the bottom ten. Clearly those morons that produced the report are retarded.

I hear you o jare!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by SvS(f): 1:58am On Jun 20, 2006
ah cmon now i lived in lagos
it was fun
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by DaHitler(m): 2:07am On Jun 20, 2006
Mariory:

Mariory, the reason why they continue to open offices in Lagos is because it is where most of the College graduates go to look for jobs. And no, they are not morons. Hopefully, you would have the opportunity to go to neighboring Benin Republic and there, you would see how a city is supposed to look like. If you are in Benin, go to either Port Novo or Cotouno. Both cities make Lagos and even Abuja look like utter rubbish.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by damygurl(f): 2:11am On Jun 20, 2006
Alright Mr heavy burden. you need to take a chill pill. life is too short to have such a negative attitude about things and if you can't appreciate lagos for the beauty and all the kool thing it has well then i don know wat to say!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by timmy7(m): 2:14am On Jun 20, 2006
it is definitly a conspiracy cry cry
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Mariory(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2006
Afeni:

Mariory, the reason why they continue to open offices in Lagos is because it is where most of the College graduates go to look for jobs. And no, they are not morons. Hopefully, you would have the opportunity to go to neighboring Benin Republic and there, you would see how a city is supposed to look like. If you are in Benin, go to either Port Novo or Cotouno. Both cities make Lagos and even Abuja look like utter rubbish.

I live in London and have visited a lot of large cities. I think I have a fair view of what a city in a developed country is like and what a city in a developing "third world" country is like. You cannot compare lagos to Port Novo or Cotouno. Both of those cities have nowhere near the population that lagos has.

In response to your first point. Why are most of the Uni/College grads in Lagos. They are not there sight seeing. Lagos might not be as developed as say Rio De Janeiro, but it's no more dangerous. Go to the slums ringing the city. The gangs there make cultists/area boys in Nigeria look like children at play.

Take a look
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3012811.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4771455.stm
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by shawna(f): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2006
Maybe it was a ranking carried out about less than 500 people living in Canada.

thats not true u betta get ur facts right angry angry canada population is not less than 500 people canada's population is 31 million and still growing and its ranked every year as the top places in the world tongue cool cheesy wink grin smiley

i live in canada and yes canada is all that cool wink cool
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by mukina2: 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2006
am not surprised cuz nigeria is populated
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Jalal(m): 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2006
Yean it must be d Lagos of Portugal that the report was talking about d Lagos i know is better than Mogadishu, Baghdad, Johannesburg, and a host of other asian and african cities.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by dblock(m): 4:53am On Sep 28, 2006
lagos aint bad at all it just needs a little clean up feel me-------peace-------- cool
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by ToddTerry: 11:55pm On Sep 28, 2006
Canada is freezing! I will take hot and humid any day over freezing cold. cold kills!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by candylips(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2006
Lagos is one of the worst truely
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by uchetobi(f): 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2006
I dont know if i agree with the statistics but Lagos is a bad place to live, the traffic is a constant headache, high cost of living, High level of corruption (Lasma, Police), high crime rates etc. its easy to age overnight in lagos. its just unfortunate that it is where the money is
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by superman(m): 1:50am On Nov 29, 2006
lagos the worst place to live in de world! so lunatic to believe! damn u cant be serious damn u cnt ! u must be joking

anyway lets fix up! the haters got everything to lose in due time

god bless niaja
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by harvey(m): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2006
haters should say all they wanna say but they just cant stop me from loving where i was born and bread.proud flyer of the green white green flag.
black and proud
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by candylips(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2006
hmmm
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by WesleyanA(f): 3:41am On Dec 25, 2006
Lagos is not one of the world's worst place to live in.
It might be bad for the brit who created the list though. lol

i lived in lagos and it wasn't bad. I miss it!

uchetobi:

I don't know if i agree with the statistics but Lagos is a bad place to live, the traffic is a constant headache, high cost of living, High level of corruption (Lasma, Police), high crime rates etc. its easy to age overnight in lagos. its just unfortunate that it is where the money is

you'll find all these things in New York, USA in two-folds. i wonder if NY made the 'worst city' list.

Those british BBC peeps are just haters. tongue
let nigerian NTA create a list and we'll see what cities will make 'worst' and 'best' to live in.
no one should be deciding what's good or bad us. we can use outside factors to decide for ourselves though.

Lagos, Nigeria Rocks!! smiley smiley
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by obohc: 2:05am On Jan 02, 2007
Hi brothers and sisters,
it should be obvious to us that if you dont blow your trumpet,you will be forced to listen to the tunes of others,good or bad.
the west has been biased in there veiws concerning our country Nigeria.But we should not take every thing reported hook line and sinker.
I reside in united kingdom and have visited others european countries, i have lived in lagos from ojo to ikeja.
no place is as friendly as nigeria,believe me.we may have differences but we are the sweetest people to live with.
we need to stand and challenge the western media.we should learn to respond to this reports.most are biased.
lagos is experiencing what other populated cities in the world experiences.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by superman(m): 5:18am On Jan 02, 2007
and suck that! this is how u can fight back , i guess we can fix things up, new roads, traffic light, clean roads, 24-7 electricity and thing. well as u know 4get others proof urself to urself! end of story

1 naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Update On The Bridge In Port Harcourt - Artillery - Rumuola- Garrison / Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant / Accident Along Benin-Asaba Expressway In Igbodo, Delta Kills 4 (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.