Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In (34620 Views)

The UK officially The Worst Place Live In Europe? / Lagos The Beautiful (Pics) / South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by dblock(m): 4:36am On Feb 04, 2007
Check This Out peoples grin Click On Omo Eko (Couldn't create a direct link)

[size=15pt]Lagos Nah Wah[/size]
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by LePhilippe(m): 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2007
Bullshit!!!! This is just to put Nigeria down!!!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2007
You should really wonder when they say Vancouver is the best place to live.
That place is infested with drug addicts
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by LePhilippe(m): 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2007
I agree, I was in Vancouver before and this stranger approached me saying, 'Hey dude, have you got some spare change for some pot??' And this was in front of my hotel!!!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:31pm On Feb 10, 2007
Wow, I dont even consider Marijuana a Addiction prone drug.
Im talking of the illicit drugs like cocain, heroin, and METH. True killers.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by LePhilippe(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2007
I doubt Lagos has drugs trouble.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:33pm On Feb 10, 2007
It has tout problem, not to mention secuirty problem.
Poverty problem aswell, but to be on the top 10 list, that is an insult!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by LePhilippe(m): 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2007
Nah the likes of Baghdad, Infact their beloved London is a worse place to live that Lagos!!!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:41pm On Feb 10, 2007
Omo, you dey go too far with that one. undecided
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by dblock(m): 4:18am On Feb 11, 2007
Hmmm, hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by LePhilippe(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2007
No really, i has a very high murder and rape rate. I has asoaring drug and organised crime rate. It is very dirty and unsafe!!! Its because its in the so called 1st world
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by 9ja4eva: 7:12am On Feb 24, 2007
LePhilippe:

Nah the likes of Baghdad, Infact their beloved London is a worse place to live that Lagos!!!

London na Ajegunle na.True talk jare.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by LePhilippe(m): 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2007
Thank you o my brother!!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by 9ja4eva: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2007
LePhilippe:

Thank you o my brother!!

Always Welcome
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by youngies(m): 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2007
That report is pure "imperalistic Journalism" period!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by 9ja4eva: 2:56am On Feb 27, 2007
What of India?
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by vikiviko(m): 12:39pm On Feb 28, 2007
Lagos by all standard is one of the most peaceful cities in the world.
If you have travelled to some other cities you will appreciate why there is no place like lagos.
Come to Obalende in Ikoyi at anytime of the night you would fine people doing there businesses freely.
There is no police hrrasment, no conflicts or riots, no ethnic fighthing, no cult rivalry fights, no youth restiveness in the city of lagos.
Lagosa is a commercial city, people just want to make money like New York and Las Vegas.
Foreigners come to lagos everyday and they are never hrrassed or disiturbed about there residence permits,
Even my fisrt day in Aba , i was asked for my residence permit and all sorts of tickets.
Lagos is a hussling city, everybody minds his/her business.Money making and business creation heralds the city.
Lagos is peaceful, our lagos is accomdative, lagos is the most pleasant city to live.
The reasearch on lagos could just have been done by a group who are biased and prejudiced.
Thus i enjoin the naira land to conduct a resaerch on the best cities of the world., too
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by 9ja4eva: 5:31am On Mar 01, 2007
Lagos was listed among the most expensive cities to list in some time ago.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by bodsibobo(m): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2007
That is not true. I live in Jo'burg and I can tell you it is one of the craziest places to live in. The fear of being hijacked everyday, talk of child abuse, rape (dem even dey rape 90 year old women; and 3 months old babies). Every 2 out of 6 people in the city centre carry unlicenced gun and they are not even psychologically fit to use one. The bus drivers are the worst in the world, HIV epidemic, I can go on and on,

For me o, Lagos is home anyday. I have a lot of foreigner friends from all over the world that came to work in Lagos and are not even thinking of returning to their countries,
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by 9ja4eva: 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2007
Exactly.People wont jst let Nigeria be.They love us so much.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by traveller: 6:26pm On May 09, 2007
Hi, I am thinking to work in Abuja, but I don't have any idea about life costs in this city as I am a foreinger. What would be a reasonble sallary per month to have a decent/safe life in this nice city? Are foreingers well come there? Have heard many stories about unsafty. Would I just have to move between office and house, without any fun at night, sight seeings? is it so dangerouse as everyone says, I can't belive that. Looks to me like international press makes this horror stories to keep straingers away from this country. Would really like to work over there, but I am afraid that i will just not see anything from the county, just working and staying at home, also afraid to get serious illness. please give me some good help on cost and life in Abuja/Nigeria. apreciate much.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by traveller: 6:50pm On May 09, 2007
Hi, I am thinking to work in Abuja, but I don't have any idea about life costs in this city as I am a foreinger. What would be a reasonble sallary per month to have a decent/safe life in this nice city? Are foreingers well come there? Have heard many stories about unsafty. Would I just have to move between office and house, without any fun at night, sight seeings? is it so dangerouse as everyone says, I can't belive that. Looks to me like international press makes this horror stories to keep straingers away from this country. Would really like to work over there, but I am afraid that i will just not see anything from the county, just working and staying at home, also afraid to get serious illness. please give me some good help on cost and life in Abuja/Nigeria. apreciate much.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by DisGuy: 1:38pm On May 10, 2007
you will get paid loads according to your qualifications and experience, I think only a few pay in dollars and usually in line with nigerian wages (if theres anything like that)

abuja is safe for a foreigner, many foreign consultants there. get in touch with your countrys embassy in nigeria for better info wink
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Rlst84sale(m): 9:37pm On May 11, 2007
Lagos is little New York
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by 9ja4eva: 9:34am On May 12, 2007
Kind of but its a bang city.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by sweetchick(f): 2:06pm On May 17, 2007
Lagos rocks,
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by DisGuy: 2:56pm On May 17, 2007
not when there are big pot holes and dead bodies on the streets wink
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by PapaBrowne(m): 6:19pm On May 17, 2007
Lagos is like a wild animal.It is everything you don't want in a city and yet it rocks.Ironical!!
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Omolulu(m): 8:12pm On May 18, 2007
I cant really tell because i dont know the criteria for the BBC'S assessment but one thing i do know is that Lagos is one of the worst cities in the world because it is poorly planned,lacks organization,committed staff who are dedicated to make it work,etc.The crux of the matter is that Lagos cannot just be the ideal place for people to live in and raise their families. embarassed
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by 9ja4eva: 1:44am On May 19, 2007
How u mean?
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Imani(f): 5:20pm On May 19, 2007
Omolulu:

I can't really tell because i don't know the criteria for the BBC'S assessment but one thing i do know is that Lagos is one of the worst cities in the world because it is poorly planned,lacks organization,committed staff who are dedicated to make it work,etc.The crux of the matter is that Lagos cannot just be the ideal place for people to live in and raise their families. embarassed

Actually, Lagos is not that bad, as long as you can provide your own 'local government' , that is generate your own electricity, water and provide your own security, other than that, you are ok.

The rate of crime is high but not the highest in the world, and also linked to geographical areas. In Lagos, it is possible to live larger than life, and in that same Lagos, you see people in abject poverty. It is a matter of circumstance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accident Along Benin-Asaba Expressway In Igbodo, Delta Kills 4 (Graphic Pics) / FRSC Official, Traffic Offender Crushed To Death In Ondo (Photos) / The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.