Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. (1031 Views)

Please Whose Sister Or Girlfriend Is These? / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Youngest Wife Ola Boo.... / If Your Wife Or Girlfriend Did This To Your Pots Would You Still Eat Her Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. by remi4ever(m): 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good Afternoon Landers,
A Couple Of Minutes ago, While Brawling what I Love to do most ''Reading'' I Crosswised This Popular Word ''Boo'' Which Is gradually Becoming a Normal word In the Relationship.. Or Courtship World whatsoever.
Squall!! To Those Of you who Excogitate That Epitheting your Swains Or GF ''Boo'' Is Cool..
Well Here are Some Meanings I Reckoned.
'
BOO- A Cry Or Noise Made to Express Displeasure Or Contempt...
BOO - *Computer Science* an Object Oriented-Programming Language.
Synonyms - Hiss..
Hypernym-Condemn..
Other Meanings 'An Outcry, Show Displeasure, ''Yell' Vociferation.. E.t.c..
#Good Afternoon..
#Remilekun SS3 Student..
Re: Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. by am0s(m): 1:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
whada Hell....

com down to wpt i undastand
Re: Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. by remi4ever(m): 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
am0s:
whada Hell....

com down to wpt i undastand
In Other Words..
Re: Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
Which man calls his gf "Boo"? undecided

And "Boo" in the context of love and admiration is derived from the word "Beau", no?
Re: Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. by remi4ever(m): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
Flytefalls:
Which man calls his gf "Boo"? undecided

And "Boo" in the context of love and admiration is derived from the word "Beau", no?
:/ ''Beau'' and ''Boo'' Any Isomorphism In the Way They are Pronounced??
*Beau* A Man Who is The Lover Of a Girl Or Young Woman...
So, Why Does some girls Call Thier Swains ''Boo'' ?? Any answer to that.?? Lady Flytefalls..
Re: Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
remi4ever:

:/ ''Beau'' and ''Boo'' Any Isomorphism In the Way They are Pronounced??
*Beau* A Man Who is The Lover Of a Girl Or Young Woman...
So, Why Does some girls Call Thier Swains ''Boo'' ?? Any answer to that.?? Lady Flytefalls..
Most English speakers have a hard time reading French correctly, so it fair to assume 'boo' is a corruption of the word 'beau'; that's my assumption without any research into its etymology; the word is basic slang, it's origins remain undefined and of little importance.

Yeah, the definition is fitting to a lady calling her bf her beau... I assume, as with most things held sacred at one point in time, the word "Beau" became a unisex "boo".

What's with your use of words from dusty corners of the dictionary? 'Swain'... 'Isomorphism', gheeeez communication need not conjure unrelated images of Shakespeare in a lab coat you know cry

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. by remi4ever(m): 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
Flytefalls:

Most English speakers have a hard time reading French correctly, so it fair to assume 'boo' is a corruption of the word 'beau'; that's my assumption without any research into its etymology; the word is basic slang, it's origins remain undefined and of little importance.

Yeah, the definition is fitting to a lady calling her bf her beau... I assume, as with most things held sacred at one point in time, the word "Beau" became a unisex "boo".

*What's with your use of words from dusty corners of the dictionary? 'Swain'... 'Isomorphism', gheeeez communication need not conjure unrelated images of Shakespeare in a lab coat you know cry
In Summary, Dont Tell Me your Excogitating that The Two words are Good to go together... *Beau* and *boo* Pheeew!! Sounds Pestiferous..
Re: Why You Shouldnt Call Your Swain Or Girlfriend ''BOO''.. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
remi4ever:

In Summary, Dont Tell Me your Excogitating that The Two words are Good to go together... *Beau* and *boo* Pheeew!! Sounds Pestiferous..
Bruv, if a girl calls you boo its because she hasn't the haziest inkling of what you're talking about and is probably just being polite undecided

So, see ya later boo undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Understand By This Selfie? (pic) / Biased Ban By Ishilove / E! News: Khloe Kardashian Wants Floyd Mayweather In Her Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.