Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,493 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

First US Ebola Patient sues Hospital For Using Her As 'publicity Stunt' - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First US Ebola Patient sues Hospital For Using Her As 'publicity Stunt' (462 Views)

Nigerian Nursing Assistant Breaks Leg Of 98-year-old Patient, Leading To Death / 'World's Heaviest Woman' Arrives At Indian Hospital For Surgery / Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First US Ebola Patient sues Hospital For Using Her As 'publicity Stunt' by Okimski(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nurse Nina Pham, the first person infected
with Ebola in the United States » has said that
her hospital merely used her as publicity stunt,
rather invading her privacy and failing to train
her.
In an interview with Dallas Morning , the 26-year
old revealed that nurses in her hospital were ill-
prepared for the admittance of Thomas Duncan,
the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the
United States » after he contracted it in
Liberia. According to her, nurses were ill
prepared and received little guidance on how to
treat Ebola or protect themselves.
"I wanted to believe that they would have my back
and take care of me, but they just haven't risen to
the occasion," she said.
It would be recalled that Pham became infected
while treating Thomas Duncan, but later
recovered and was welcomed in the Oval Office
by President Barack Obama.
The nurse is now revealing that she plans to
sue the hospital for lack of failing to adequately
train and prepare its staff to deal with the Ebola
situation, citing that nurses initially did not
wear hazmat suits when treating Duncan and
went in with double gloves taped to double
gowns, double booties and face shields.
She's also revealed that the hospital violated
her privacy, and in one instance, she was
videotaped speaking to a doctor and the video
was released to the media without her consent.
Meanwhile, the hospital did not address the
details of Pham's allegeations, rather it released
a statement saying that:
"Nina Pham bravely served Texas Health Dallas
during a most difficult time. We continue to
support and wish the best for her, and we remain
optimistic that constructive dialogue can resolve
this matter.

http://pulse.ng/health/nina-pham-ebola-survivor-is-suing-her-hospital-for-using-her-as-a-publicity-stunt-id3532508.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=art-nina-pham-ebola-survivor-is-suing-her-hospital-for-using-her-as-a-publicity-stunt-2015-03-03

Re: First US Ebola Patient sues Hospital For Using Her As 'publicity Stunt' by Baba419(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
Sue sue sue
Re: First US Ebola Patient sues Hospital For Using Her As 'publicity Stunt' by Mayor21(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
Kk
Re: First US Ebola Patient sues Hospital For Using Her As 'publicity Stunt' by Dokimazo(f): 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
Human beings and our naïve atittudes, does she know the thousands that didn't survive d ebola infection, I guess while she was on bed all her toughts&prayers was the hope to be well and not this. Goodluck to her
Re: First US Ebola Patient sues Hospital For Using Her As 'publicity Stunt' by valmunich(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
I missed the part where that is my business undecided

(1) (Reply)

On Behalf Of My Sister / Doctor in house; Sexual Disorders And Mental Health SXT 101 / Meat Eaters A.k.a Canivores Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.