Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Is It Really Possible To Rob God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Really Possible To Rob God? (765 Views)

The Price Remains Death.be Faithful And Don't Rob GOD. / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Proximo73: 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
i mean
God is a spirit, guns and sticks can't break his bones.
or do spirits eat money?
what is happening?
Re: Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Nairalander01: 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
Yes, when you dont pay your tithe you rob God.
Re: Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Proximo73: 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nairalander01:
Yes, when you dont pay your tithe you rob God.
hmmm!
just like that?
Re: Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Nairalander01: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
Proximo73:

hmmm!
just like that?
Yes the Bible says so in Malachi 3:8-12. Sorry to ask are you a christian?
Re: Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Proximo73: 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nairalander01:

Yes the Bible says so in Malachi 3:8-12. Sorry to ask are you a christian?
yes
I'm a Christian
Re: Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Nairalander01: 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
Proximo73:

yes
I'm a Christian
Good, you see your tithe is not a free will donation unlike the offering
That why you use the word 'give' when it comes to offering
And 'pay' when it comes to tithe, showing that it an obligation/duty as a christian that you pay your tithe as at when due(for your own good)
Re: Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Stankoko(m): 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nairalander01:

And 'pay' when it comes to tithe, showing that it an obligation/duty as a christian that you pay your tithe as at when due(for your own good)

Everything I have belong to God, so why should I pay tithe? Your quotation was made when there was not enough provisions for the priests and their families and this development indirectly affects the work of God. It is not applicable in a church with a pastor who takes everything and lacks accountability for what he took and runs the church like his personal business. Especially when he owns jets and fleet of cars to prove my point. I'd rather give it to a beggar in the street. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Proximo73: 2:14am On Mar 04, 2015
Nairalander01:

it's ok,
i will think over paying.
But i really do not know the benefit or what the money is supposed to be used for.
whether for charity or for the church
Re: Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Nairalander01: 7:09am On Mar 04, 2015
Proximo73:

it's ok,
i will think over paying.
But i really do not know the benefit or what the money is supposed to be used for.
whether for charity or for the church
before now priest/levites had no farm lands or source of income, so the tithe (one tenth of your profit/net income/harvest) is used to feed the levites. Do find time to read the scripture in my previous comment.
Paying of tithe as a christian is for your own good. Re-read this comment latet cos I'll modify it once I get to my office, I'm typing this from a phone and not finding it funny.
Re: Is It Really Possible To Rob God? by Nairalander01: 7:18am On Mar 04, 2015
Stankoko:

Everything I have belong to God, so why should I pay tithe? Your quotation was made when there was not enough provisions for the priests and their families and this development indirectly affects the work of God. It is not applicable in a church with a pastor who takes everything and lacks accountability for what he took and runs the church like his personal business. Especially when he owns jets and fleet of cars to prove my point. I'd rather give it to a beggar in the street. I rest my case.
Your points are very much valid, but you need to do yourself good by removing the mentality that you're paying tithe to a priest or pastor; you need to understand that this is a COMMAND and as such your abeysance to it is not unto the priest but unto God, so what or how the money is used is no business of your.
Read that passage I mentioned above, sometimes past I eat my, but each time I do I end(ed) up meeting/making unecessary expenses that would consume more money than the supposed tithe itself.

(1) (Reply)

Muhammads Night Journey / Is It Right To Apologize To Rv.fr Mbaka? / We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.