Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

True Random Number Generation - Fun - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / True Random Number Generation - Fun (1247 Views)

How Can I Generate Unique Random Num Wt Php Oop / Random Problems To Measure Algorithmic Efficiency (asymptotic Analysis) / Andela Will Empower Africa's Next Generation Of Great Technical Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Random Number Generation - Fun by WhiZTiM(m): 12:13am On Mar 04, 2015
It is popular among mathematicians that generating a true random number is very close to impossible with our current technology of deterministic devices.

In simpler terms, it means that "If you give a Computer, and it's (Pseudo) Random Number Generator, the same starting and finishing conditions, it will produce the same number over and over again".

For the fun of it, I think our Nigerian Mathematicians aren't gunning for some recognition here..

I mean... PHCN... (^_^)..

Rather than seeding your PRNG with some other random seed, you can seed it with the exact timepoint which PHCN cuts and restores Electricity ... (^_^)

Aggregating and Modeling PHCN's behavior (throughout Nigeria), you'll get a truly nondeterministic system... ..I think . . ... smiley grin grin

2 Likes

Re: True Random Number Generation - Fun by neutrotoba(m): 12:28am On Mar 04, 2015
WhiZTiM:
It is popular among mathematicians that generating a true random number is very close to impossible with our current technology of deterministic devices.

In simpler terms, it means that "If you give a Computer, and it's (Pseudo) Random Number Generator, the same starting and finishing conditions, it will produce the same number over and over again".

For the fun of it, I think our Nigerian Mathematicians aren't gunning for some recognition here..

I mean... PHCN... (^_^)..

Rather than seeding your PRNG with some other random seed, you can seed it with the exact timepoint which PHCN cuts and restores Electricity ... (^_^)

Aggregating and Modeling PHCN's behavior (throughout Nigeria), you'll get a truly nondeterministic system... ..I think . . ... smiley grin grin
Re: True Random Number Generation - Fun by omoelu1(m): 12:36am On Mar 04, 2015
funny

1 Like

Re: True Random Number Generation - Fun by Javanian: 9:40am On Mar 04, 2015
LMAO Nice one grin grin grin

But I don't think it is non deterministic, I beleive non determinism means multiple possible transitions/outputs on a particular input. It doesn't make it random.
Re: True Random Number Generation - Fun by Ogbeozioma: 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Very smart

1 Like

Re: True Random Number Generation - Fun by danvery2k6(m): 11:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
I don't understand. What has PHCN got to do with PRNG? am I missing something here?
Re: True Random Number Generation - Fun by WhiZTiM(m): 11:47am On Apr 02, 2015
[center][/center]
Javanian:
LMAO Nice one grin grin grin
But I don't think it is non deterministic, I beleive non determinism means multiple possible transitions/outputs on a particular input. It doesn't make it random.
True. Computers are fairly deterministic.
My premise for the post was that, aggregating PHCN power supply state at any point in time, t in every location, L will likely result in values with some degree of stochastic characteristics; ....(I am a Maths enthusiast smiley, but not a crypto expert sad )

Its not a serious topic; but you can get multiple outputs with in stateless system.

danvery2k6:
I don't understand. What has PHCN got to do with PRNG? am I missing something here?
Don't mind me ohh.... I thought o being a bit silly....

(1) (Reply)

Very Urgent, / ... / How To Get Real Organic 10k Daily Traffic & Rank On 1st Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.