Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Barry Copa Retires - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barry Copa Retires (392 Views)

Lionel Messi Quits Argentina National After Copa Loss / Shocking Clip Appears To Show Diego Costa Bite Barry / Barry Won Nations Cup For Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barry Copa Retires by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:38am On Mar 04, 2015
Re: Barry Copa Retires by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:41am On Mar 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Ivory coast goalkeeper,Copa Barry has retires from international football,nearly a month after when his side won the African cup of Nations in Equitorial Guinea.
The 35yrs old who plies his trade in Belgian side Lokeren was the hero of the 2015 Afcon final against Ghana,where he saved two penalties and converted the decisive shot in the breath taking penalty shootout.
"Every good thing has an end,I've decided to put an end to my international career with the Elephants of Cote d'voire.-He told Ivorian TV,RTI on Monday.
"I've always been proud to wear to wear the shirt of Ivory coast team. Good luck" he said
Barry is the second player to retire from the winning squad,after Kolo Toure who made his announcement three days after their triumph.
Groomed at the Abidjan-based Aved football academy,Barry joined the national team in 2007,winning 83caps.
TP mazembe new signing,Sylvia Gbohouo have long been picked for Barry Copa's replacement by coach Herve Renard. playing all five matches at the Afcon before being sidelined for the final due to injury.
http://mobi.supersport.com/football/africa/news/150303/Ivory_Coast_keeper_Copa_Barry_retires

(1) (Reply)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals Wembley Ambitions / Fixed Matches Available Here / Champions!! Nigeria’s U20 Clinch 7th CAF Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.