Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session - Education (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session (444798 Views)

University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2016/2017 Session / University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2016/2017 Session / Ahmadu Bello University Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Pulcherdee(f): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
iamayodeji:

You just spoke my mind. Derailing at its peak.

Lol, really? Come on guys. I know we are here to talk about masters and all but calling a little fun derailing? Really? Lighten up, life's not that serious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by tief(f): 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
I tire too.. this isn't a department forum sef it's actually meant for information and to ask for help.... can't see derailing hereooo
Pulcherdee:

Lol, really? Come on guys. I know we are here to talk about masters and all but calling a little fun derailing? Really? Lighten up, life's not that serious.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by devonpaul(m): 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
tief:
Lmao....de railing indeed...:ehehehheheheheh
Na u cause am o, if to say u don meet me for insyd pm wt those quotations now. We for no dey disturb dem broses
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
Pulcherdee:

Oh really! shocked Sorry dear, I didnt know you were having fun.

Enjoy the rest of it.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by tief(f): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
Lmao...My apology goes to the future professors who take things to hard. Henceforth if you have no info on admission do not pass. Accommodation shouldn't be discussed here too strictly academic matters. Lmao
devonpaul:

Na u cause am o, if to say u don meet me for insyd pm wt those quotations now. We for no dey disturb dem broses
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
tief:
Lmao...My apology goes to the future professors who take things to hard. Henceforth if you have no info on admission do not pass. Accommodation shouldn't be discussed here too strictly academic matters. Lmao

Wow!

Words of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Pemale(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
Doing your masters is a great decision to help you in qualification,but doing it in good institution is another choice for you.but doing master within record time in a Nigerian university could be another issue altogether, as many postgraduate students are frustrated in their postgraduate programme. This would help you decide which Nigerian University has the fastest postgraduate [especially masters] programme. You can add your suggestions.
In a private Nigerian University, you should obtain your masters degree in about 10 months. Generally, they begin their session in September and end in June.
*.University of Ilorin:
University of Ilorin has made a name for itself as the only federal university in Nigeria whose academic calender has not been broken/altered in over 7years. This has made the school a go-to place for postgraduate studies in Nigeria. Getting admitted for a masters in UNILORIN is very competitive, because of its reputation. Depending on other factors like you thesis supervisor e.t.c, you should obtain you masters degree from UNILORIN in about a year.
*.University of Lagos:
It is one of the most expensive federal universities to do your masters, but if you work hard, favoured by your thesis supervisor and choose a modest research topic, you should be through in about 14 months. While there are many variables that could extend it for longer, you would not be frustrated by your masters degree programme, except you are just so unlucky.
*.University of Nigeria, Nsukka:
UNN is generally overlooked as a place for postgraduate studies because the school is not located in a city. UNN is one of the fastest place to obtain your masters. Infact, in engineering and sciences, you can obtain your masters degree in less than a year. It is usually tougher in the faculty of education, where you will have to make many presentations and seminars plus challenging thesis proposal. For a hard working student, with other positive variables in place, you should be through with your masters in 18 months.
*.University of Ibadan:
Ibadan has become an Harvard of some sort to many prospective postgraduate students. Getting admitted for a masters in Ibadan could be very tough, but the programme is not so herculean. Once you scale through the course work, you are expected to present your thesis within 6 months. Plus or minus, you should be through in 18 – 21 months.
Federal University of Technology Minna:This institution is not famous in name as FUTO,FUTA but it got what it takes to run a master programme with duration of 15months and less expense in payment and accomodation
*. University of Calabar:
This school is overlooked by people but it is one of the best bet in terms of quality education at the PG level. They have a good staff strength and the admission process is meant to select the best which in turn makes them spurn out only the best as well.
*.Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife:
This is another premier institution in Nigeria. They are known for the concessional entry method which makes admission fast and direct. Their academic calender is well suited towards an exactly 18 months graduation pace. It is a truly remarkable institution. However, it should be noted that the masters programme itself is herculean in nature especially the point where the thesis or dissertation is written. However, with a good supervisor, the student will scale through in record time

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Cuddlebugie(f): 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
iamayodeji:

You just spoke my mind. Derailing at its peak.
Like the witty Las/lad said, they aren't derailing, just having innocent fun(even if it's at the expense of others)

Leave them to their fun
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by tief(f): 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2016
For those that need it to assimilate....+ne man's meat another man's poison. U can spit or digest ur choice
iamayodeji:

Wow!

Words of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Pulcherdee(f): 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
Cuddlebugie:
Like the witty Las/lad said, they aren't derailing, just having innocent fun(even if it's at the expense of others)

Leave them to their fun

You don't have to resort to sarcasm to sound insultive. I don't see how it is at your expense. All you had to do was ignore it if you weren't interested. But I understand, it's Nigeria's fault, it has made people too touchy. Sorry, we disturbed you.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
Pulcherdee:

You don't have to resort to sarcasm to sound insultive. I don't see how it is at your expense. All you had to do was ignore it if you weren't interested. But I understand, it's Nigeria's fault, it has made people too touchy. Sorry, we disturbed you.
Talk about hypocrisy

Aren't you and your lot effing disdainful?
You mean I should turn a blind eye on over four pages of foolish blab? Excuse you

You guys monopolised the thread which was annoying and I tried telling you guys to chill in polite manner but what did you lot do? Put on your rudegirl
armour and fire your catapult of snide comment

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by devonpaul(m): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
tief:
Abi, don't mind dem jare tief. I see jealoussy for dia eyes. They are yealux. Let's go to my room and talk about Jesus jare
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by AfricanBio: 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
2016 African Biosciences Ltd Research Grant Competition for Postgraduate Students In Nigeria.

Apply today and stand a chance to win up to ₦900,000 worth of grant with exclusive access to our state of the art lab.

Find out more here http://www.africanbio.com/research-grant-competition/ or mail grants@africanbio.com

Kindly Share so your friends and family can be a part of this.

Thanks.

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
Cuddlebugie:
Talk about hypocrisy

Aren't you and your lot effing disdainful
You mean I should turn a blind eye on over four pages of foolish blab? Excuse you

You guys monopolised the thread which was annoying and I tried telling you guys to chill in polite manner but what did you lot do? Put on your rudegirl
armour and fire your catapult of snide comments

Have a good night rest, sweetheart. I'm a lover, not a fighter

Please help me tell them o.

And funny enough, one of the fun crew members asked a very vital question about recommendation and didn't even bother about getting a useful response but rather prefers to have fun.

Whatever happened to creating a different thread for that purpose and have as much fun as you want to have there.

At least I now know the kind of students am going to meet when lecture finally starts.

*sighs*

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Pulcherdee(f): 10:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
Cuddlebugie:
Talk about hypocrisy

Aren't you and your lot effing disdainful

armour and fire your catapult of snide comments

Have a good night rest, sweetheart. I'm a lover, not a fighter

I can't remember been snideful, I can't speak for others but myself. I also told you politely we were just catching fun, that you should lighten up. If that sounded insultive to you, then you just buttressed my point about you lightening up. I am not fighting you, just explaining. You seem to be the angry one here. We weren't engaging in foolish talk, we were joking. I'm sure even Einstein took out time to joke around.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by devonpaul(m): 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
iamayodeji:

Please help me tell them o.

And funny enough, one of the fun crew members asked a very vital question about recommendation and didn't even bother about getting a useful response but rather prefers to have fun.

Whatever happened to creating a different thread for that purpose and have as much fun as you want to have there.

At least I now know the kind of students am going to meet when lecture finally starts.

*sighs*
Bro, u dont need all those loose talks. U be guy. Comport ursef. If u were this social in ur undergraduate, maybe u won't be struggling for masters after all. Just die d matter make we no take Mending start d session o.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Kutetestkd: 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
felaz am tru with clearance, what is the next step
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by devonpaul(m): 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
We all apply for masters, we all were here all thru d buying of form, writing of ept test, writing of departmental test even upto recommendation and now to clearance. I don't think a lil bit familiarization does any harm to anybody. We should not start acting like undergraduates. Forget abt masters, many of us are married and have our jobs. Inasmuch as we all want to read and get a degree which might still be useless after all, do not forget this people u meet here today might be d one to help u to the top. We all know dz Masters is just a few months thing and everybody will disappear into their niches but what is going to be left after ur masters? Will u still go back to your father's house wt ur cert and resume ur position in d naira bets shop or kitchen? Think about it your self. Your Network is your Networth. Some of u neva even start program, u don dey get enemy. Kontunu.. If u think u are going to control what I say on a particular thread that u did not create or prolly don't even know there was a part1, u are joking, infact whollup, gerrarahere. asshole for good to blow trumpet but who go try am 1st be d problem. No be una fault, I know d school most of u complaining are from. grin im a customer engagement executive, if u have problem with my familiarization and rapport building skills? Pls call on d mods. Mtcheew, y I dey write epistle sef? *deletes everything* pulcherdee, tief and knarphie. Anybody dt do anyhow, report dem to me wink

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
devonpaul:

Bro, u dont need all those loose talks. U be guy. Comport ursef. If u were this social in ur undergraduate, maybe u won't be struggling for masters after all. Just die d matter make we no take Mending start d session o.

Trust me, you shouldn't have quoted me.

Firstly, I wasn't talking to you. So now am the one loose talking. When you were the one doing your jibba jabba up and down on the thread. You think you can just come online and talk anyhow.

I know your type really! Goofing and thinking you are some kind of James Bond.

And you dare say am struggling for masters? What do you think you know about me? Just put yourself in your place boy if you really know what being social is like you claimed to have known.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by devonpaul(m): 11:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
iamayodeji:

Firstly, I wasn't talking to you. So now am the one loose talking. When you were the one doing your jibby jabba up and down on the thread. You think you can just come online and talk anyhow.

And you dare say am struggling for masters? What do you think you know about me? Just put yourself in your place boy if you really know what being social is like you claimed to have known.

Baba go siddon sumwia jare.. Next abeg
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
Kutetestkd:
felaz am tru with clearance, what is the next step

You should get your school fee ready, I don't think there is any department that has gone past the clearance stage right now so relax and start preparing for class.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by calmie(f): 12:47am On Feb 13, 2016
@iamayodeji n @devonpaul e don do una ... Make we hear word o .
We cant help but derail sometimes esp wen we've made friends here, but at the same time some people are not finding it funny cus theyve not even received recommendation letter( e. g ME) ... So both of u r right... No fight again mbok! Make i val u both ?

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 13, 2016
calmie:
@iamayodeji

cheesy. Tnx.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by AyobamiSky: 6:56am On Feb 13, 2016
@devonpaul; see oga, i'l b straight wt u. forget all those that wr yabbing u diplomatically. in simple truth, u lost it. u n ur 'bla bla bla' crew in ur effort to av fun derailed a meaningful thread,pushed relevant info farther n wat more, u wldnt evn quitely sit dat silly ass of urs down n kip quiet wen told d truth. all of a sudden, u rmmba say u don old n say u fit don born say u mature.did u pple tink abt an uncountable no of pple who stil nid d info u helped make more obscure?. d ones who r yet to b notified; proffessional courses, social sciences n such?. did u n wr u pple tink before n while u wr blabbing rubbish n calin it fun?. maturity?. did u pple tink abt exchanging numbers n saving our poor souls from ur loose talk?.Mr., u cannot act lyk a clown n hope to b regarded as a cynosure of wisdom.had u held on to ur purported sanity,u for tlk rubbish n dt much of it?.u evn write epistle afta dem don stroke u. wr dd ur sense go initially wen u dey alongside odas display stupidity n dey tlk wantonly?. bsds,ur comment to anoda abt being social; wt does dat av to do wt a quest for knowledge(unlike u,no b evrybody joblessness cari cm do masters).
knowing u very well,u go stl cm reply ds rather dn learn bt hrs a word of advice for u;
"evn a fool looks wise wen he kips quiet"
and to anybody wey fit stl dey tink to drag issues wt u,hrs anoda;
"dont argue wt a fool,else he'll drag u down to his level n beat u wt experience"

7 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Cuddlebugie(f): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2016
iamayodeji:

Firstly, I wasn't talking to you. So now am the one loose talking. When you were the one doing your jibby jabba up and down on the thread. You think you can just come online and talk anyhow.

Don't sweat it. Just leave him to his folly.

You know what they say about wrestling with pigs? You get dirty and the pig gets happy

You know, this back and forth won't end cuz the sissy would d still quote you and blab since that's what he's best at and that isn't good for the thread.

Let the matter die a peaceful death

cc: AyobamiSky

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by devonpaul(m): 8:24am On Feb 13, 2016
AyobamiSky:
@devonpaul; see oga, i'l b straight wt u. forget all those that wr yabbing u diplomatically. in simple truth, u lost it. u n ur 'bla bla bla' crew in ur effort to av fun derailed a meaningful thread,pushed relevant info farther n wat more, u wldnt evn quitely sit dat silly ass of urs down n kip quiet wen told d truth. all of a sudden, u rmmba say u don old n say u fit don born say u mature.did u pple tink abt an uncountable no of pple who stil nid d info u helped make more obscure?. d ones who r yet to b notified; proffessional courses, social sciences n such?. did u n wr u pple tink before n while u wr blabbing rubbish n calin it fun?. maturity?. did u pple tink abt exchanging numbers n saving our poor souls from ur loose talk?.Mr., u cannot act lyk a clown n hope to b regarded as a cynosure of wisdom.had u held on to ur purported sanity,u for tlk rubbish n dt much of it?.u evn write epistle afta dem don stroke u. wr dd ur sense go initially wen u dey alongside odas display stupidity n dey tlk wantonly?. bsds,ur comment to anoda abt being social; wt does dat av to do wt a quest for knowledge(unlike u,no b evrybody joblessness cari cm do masters).
knowing u very well,u go stl cm reply ds rather dn learn bt hrs a word of advice for u;
"evn a fool looks wise wen he kips quiet"
and to anybody wey fit stl dey tink to drag issues wt u,hrs anoda;
"dont argue wt a fool,else he'll drag u down to his level n beat u wt experience"
*ignored*
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by abiketomi: 9:26am On Feb 13, 2016
devonpaul:

Knarphie. 60k house dey o. Plenty sef. For poly side but u shud know d quality of what u are paying 60k for. No be like d guy wey dey find a tiled self con room for 40k. Na Ibadan be dz o no be ikirun
Your comment was so funny
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by safest: 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
The epistolary actions and reactions on this thread would have been more useful before the ept. I av added new words and their usage to my vocabulary. Right now, I have had enough and want to suggest that intending contributors should save their strength and write us a book instead.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Oluwajuwonlo1(m): 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
Pls help! Was scheduled for clearance last week Thursday,the warning strike didn't allow it to hold. Apparently,the strike has been called off. Can I go on Monday for my clearance or wait for a message from PG school again for re-schedule?
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
A reliable source told me the strike could take long because staff demands have not been addressed. Also, the decision on new PG school fees has not been reached yet, so resumption could be farther from now.
On a lighter note; Wow, I must say that the English Proficiency Test didn't lie. I am very impressed with the level of gramatical prowess being exhibited by the lettered members of this thread, albeit rude or insulting. Una well done oh...oops!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
Oluwajuwonlo1:
Pls help! Was scheduled for clearance last week Thursday,the warning strike didn't allow it to hold. Apparently,the strike has been called off. Can I go on Monday for my clearance or wait for a message from PG school again for re-schedule?

According to the information i have, those that missed their clearance due to the strike would be rescheduled. At the same time, you could confirm the information at the PGSCHOOL yourself on monday to be sure. That's if you are staying in ibadan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (178) (Reply)

Unilorin 2012/2013 Admissions / OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session / 2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.