Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session (444590 Views)

University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2016/2017 Session / University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2016/2017 Session / Ahmadu Bello University Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
endyowoeye:
Please after printing the invoice what next?And where will I take d invoice to on d banking hall.coz I don't understand .Thanks

Take the invoice to one of the listed banks. Walk up to one of the tellers and tell them specifically that you want to pay for UI post graduate form. They will make the payment into UI postgraduate account and a print out will be given to you as evidence of payment.
If you are paying at first bank, write your application number as account number on the deposit slip.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Haykkay(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
iamayodeji:

[url=infocontent.pgschool.ui.edu.ng/fees_info.aspx]Click here for information on fees for previous session[/url]
For one thing, MRPP is highly competitive and its not restricted as long as you meet the requirements. There are no other requirements apart from the one stated in the prospectus.

Thanx a bunch iamayodeji. I saw d mail.
Pls, wat r d documents to be uploaded wen filling d application form
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by U1(m): 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hello, everyone. Please I need someone to explain a couple of things I'm finding baffling about this application process.

* The prospectus states that applicants are to approach any of the banks listed on the invoice. This brings up two questions:

1. I can see GTBank and Skye Bank in the prospectus, but what is this invoice? I know this question might sound dumb, but I'm that confused. Or does it mean one has to register to see the said invoice before going to pay the fees? I doubt that, but I may be wrong.

2. Can the payment be made in any branches of the relevant banks in Nigeria?

* I also wish to know what information are required for the online referee forms.

Thank you.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Ife4real: 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
please i need information about M.Sc GIS. Anyone going for the course?
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2015
Haykkay:

Thanx a bunch iamayodeji. I saw d mail.
Pls, wat r d documents to be uploaded wen filling d application form

Get your nysc discharge certificate ready, O level certificate, degree certificate/statement of result, student copy transcript ( if available).

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 18, 2015
U1:
Hello, everyone. Please I need someone to explain a couple of things I'm finding baffling about this application process.

* The prospectus states that applicants are to approach any of the banks listed on the invoice. This brings up two questions:

1. I can see GTBank and Skye Bank in the prospectus, but what is this invoice? I know this question might sound dumb, but I'm that confused. Or does it mean one has to register to see the said invoice before going to pay the fees? I doubt that, but I may be wrong.

2. Can the payment be made in any branches of the relevant banks in Nigeria?

* I also wish to know what information are required for the online referee forms.

Thank you.

1. Start your registration first, print your invoice. You will see a long list of banks on your invoice, pick any bank close to you. Show them your invoice, they know what to do with it.
2. You can pay at any bank branch nationwide.
Modified
3. You only need to supply email address of your referees, they will be contacted directly by the post graduate school.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2015
Samtobh:

INQUIRY ON POSTGRADUATE STUDY APPLICATION
I wish to inquire about petroleum-related postgraduate study in your
institution and be directed accordingly before I submit my
application.
I am a graduate of TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJEBU-ODE,
OGUN STATE where I studied PETROLEUM AND PETROCHEMICAL SCIENCE and
bagged a first class honours (4.58/5.0) and recently concluded my
national service. I wish to study Petroleum Engineering (Or any other
petroleum-related/ Chemistry-based Course) at the Master’s level and I
need a major clarification on some issues regarding the degree awarded
to me when I did my bachelor’s degree.
The certificate/statement of result awarded to me on graduation was
BSc. (Ed) PETROLEUM AND PETROCHEMICAL SCIENCE after completing the
four (4) year course with final year project writing and three (3)
months industrial training. I was lectured on core courses in
petroleum engineering such as Applied Geophysics and Mineral
Exploration I and II, Natural Gas Engineering, Multiphase Flow in
Pipes, Transport Phenomena, Petroleum Economics, Rock and Fluid
Properties, Petroleum Geology, Formation Damage Evaluation, Well
Testing, Alternate Hydrocarbon Sources, Fluid Mechanics, Basic
Strength of Materials, Surface and Subsurface Operations, Health,
Safety and Environment, Petroleum Production Engineering, Drilling
Technology amongst others of which I can readily defend if challenged
at any time.
I want to know if I can be admitted for MSc. PETROLEUM
ENGINEERING or any other petroleum-related/chemistry-based course with my class of bachelor
degree and also, inquire from you what your advice might be on this
issue.
AJISEBUTU SAMUEL O.(08034912888, 08028802722)

there is MSc Petroleum Engineering.

Have you downloaded the prospectus?
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by adexolu: 10:21am On Jun 18, 2015
I
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by U1(m): 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
iamayodeji:

1. Start your registration first, print your invoice. You will see a long list of banks on your invoice, pick any bank close to you. Show them your invoice, they know what to do with it.
2. You can pay at any bank branch nationwide.
Modified
3. You only need to supply email address of your referees, they will be contacted directly by the post graduate school.

Thanks for the response, man! You're doing a terrific job here. God bless you.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by wroskian(m): 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
Samtobh:

INQUIRY ON POSTGRADUATE STUDY APPLICATION
I wish to inquire about petroleum-related postgraduate study in your
institution and be directed accordingly before I submit my
application.
I am a graduate of TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJEBU-ODE,
OGUN STATE where I studied PETROLEUM AND PETROCHEMICAL SCIENCE and
bagged a first class honours (4.58/5.0) and recently concluded my
national service. I wish to study Petroleum Engineering (Or any other
petroleum-related/ Chemistry-based Course) at the Master’s level and I
need a major clarification on some issues regarding the degree awarded
to me when I did my bachelor’s degree.
The certificate/statement of result awarded to me on graduation was
BSc. (Ed) PETROLEUM AND PETROCHEMICAL SCIENCE after completing the
four (4) year course with final year project writing and three (3)
months industrial training. I was lectured on core courses in
petroleum engineering such as Applied Geophysics
I want to know if I can be admitted for MSc. PETROLEUM
ENGINEERING or any other petroleum-related/chemistry-based course with my class of bachelor
degree and also, inquire from you what your advice might be on this
issue.
Oga!, while acknowledging your impressive grade, i don't think you need all this epistle, simply download the prospectus and peruse. Besides, posting your personal details here wouldn't result in any good in the long run.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
wroskian:

Oga!, while acknowledging your impressive grade, i don't think you need all this epistle, simply download the prospectus and peruse. Besides, posting your personal details here wouldn't result in any good in the long run.
grin grin Badt guy.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by endyowoeye(f): 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
Is it going faster in cafe than using personal Laptop coz it is writing access denied when uploading a document?
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Haykkay(m): 8:28am On Jun 22, 2015
endyowoeye:
Is it going faster in cafe than using personal Laptop coz it is writing access denied when uploading a document?

U av d answer! Y not try it out @ a cybercafe....
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by babdav2015(m): 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
@iamayodeji, are applicants who are UI graduates also going to write the exams?
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
babdav2015:
@iamayodeji, are applicants who are UI graduates also going to write the exams?

Yes they will. They are only exempted from submitting transcripts.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
iamayodeji:

[url=infocontent.pgschool.ui.edu.ng/fees_info.aspx]Click here for information on fees for previous session[/url]
For one thing, MRPP is highly competitive and its not restricted as long as you meet the requirements. There are no other requirements apart from the one stated in the prospectus.

Thanks very much for your kind response. However, the information regarding the previous school fees hasn't satisfied my quest, it refers to 2012/2013. And I'm sure some things have changed.
I wonder why it seems so hard to know what the recent fees were, for instance, in 2014/2015... If one knows what was paid as fees in the last session, it would help one to prepare very well. Money simply ain't easy to get this days, for some of us.
Hmmmmmm...
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Akinife(m): 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good Evening house!
Please I need ur advice ooo...I discovered during registration that my course of Study( B.SC intelligence and Security studies) was not listed in the academy qualification colon... But my school was mentioned. What do I do?
I thought UI was suppose to collect the list of approved programs from NUC....
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 25, 2015
Akinife:
Good Evening house!
Please I need ur advice ooo...I discovered during registration that my course of Study( B.SC intelligence and Security studies) was not listed in the academy qualification colon... But my school was mentioned. What do I do?
I thought UI was suppose to collect the list of approved programs from NUC....
Contact the information officer. They should be able to slot in your course from the back end.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Haykkay(m): 8:45am On Jun 25, 2015
iamayodeji:

Contact the information officer. They should be able to slot in your course from the back end.

@iamayodeji, is it compulsory dat d passport photograph's size be in 600 X 480pixel?
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Akinife(m): 9:25am On Jun 25, 2015
iamayodeji:

Thanks for your reply!
I have been calling the two numbers of the IO....its switched off!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2015
Haykkay:

@iamayodeji, is it compulsory dat d passport photograph's size be in 600 X 480pixel?

Yes its compulsory. I hope you know how to resize your images.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 25, 2015
Akinife:

Thanks for your reply!
I have been calling the two numbers of the IO....its switched off!!!

Keep trying. They probably are busy doing something very important. You can send an email pending the time you get through to them.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by EXICON(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
hello house,
Pls, is the reference number on print out when one makes payment of 15,500 in the bank the same as the PIN?

Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Haykkay(m): 8:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
iamayodeji:

Yes its compulsory. I hope you know how to resize your images.
I resized bt it gives me 556X480 (using microsoft office pix manager.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by wroskian(m): 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Is it acceptable to use someone outside the academia as referee? Urgent response please.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by U1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
wroskian:
Is it acceptable to use someone outside the academia as referee? Urgent response please.

I think so, at least I know people who did that. That's even the route I'm looking towards.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by adoyi81: 10:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
Please guys, do they offer PGD in petroleum engineering at ui?
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 26, 2015
Haykkay:

I resized bt it gives me 556X480 (using microsoft office pix manager.

Use paint application on windows. it will allow you to type in the exact size you want. remember to uncheck the 'maintain aspect ratio button'.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by tunxjos: 8:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 26, 2015
tunxjos:
Does anyone in the house know whether UI can accept statement of result "To whom it may concern" in lieu of proper first degree certificate for application?

Of course. its clearly written in the prospectus. that's the attestation letter mentioned therein.
Re: University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session by EXICON(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
hello house,

Can't some one go back to a previous page in this application?

I mistakenly indicated that the applicant i am applying for has a WASSCE certificate in the professional/educational certificate section, which the person does not have. Now at the section of uploading documents, the portal is prompting me that i must upload it as that is the only document i have not uploaded. I cannot go back to previous pages to edit.

Can someone assist please? i have dialed the information officer's number but it is not going through.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (178) (Reply)

Unilorin 2012/2013 Admissions / OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session / 2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.