Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Sandisk Has Made A 200GB Microsd Card For Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sandisk Has Made A 200GB Microsd Card For Your Phone (516 Views)

Samsung Replaces Microsd Card With UFS 2.0 / The Sandisk Memory Card 200gb Has Been Released. Guess The Price? / Sandisk Unveils The World's First 200GB Microsd Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sandisk Has Made A 200GB Microsd Card For Your Phone by ozoneprince(m): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2015
Sandisk has made a 200GB MicroSD card for your phone

With the rise in technological advancements and rapid generation of content, the need for larger storage became a concern as well. But even with the advancements we have made, SanDisk’s latest feat is one which still wows. They have managed somehow to shove 200GB of memory into a MicroSD card! In case you are wondering, that’s a 56% jump on the current highest capacity MicroSD, a 128GB card.

SanDisk said it managed to produce the higher capacity MicroSD card by using a proprietary design and production process that allows for more bits of memory per chip.

Memory chips are typically sized in powers of 2, with steps such as 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB. Keeping that pattern would result in a 256GB chip, but it appears SanDisk wasn’t able to do that. Instead, it settled for 200GB.

That’s not to take away from the company’s development work. Fitting that much storage on a card the size of a fingernail is a massive achievement. Now you get 200GB MicroSD card
[img]http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/200gb-sandisk.jpg[/img]
The card supports data transfer at up to 90MB per second, or around 1,200 photos per minute.

So what’s the catch? Well none really, if you have the cash to spare. The 200GB MicroSD card is said to be priced at $400 which is roughly N84,000. (How much did you buy the device you would be putting the card on again?). It would be available for purchase worldwide in the second quarter of the year.
NG-[A_BA[MOBI_SMAR_INFI]:InfiBrought to you by http://.com/sandisk-has-made-a-200gb-microsd-card-for-your-phone/
Re: Sandisk Has Made A 200GB Microsd Card For Your Phone by Hawlahscho(m): 10:21am On Mar 04, 2015
FTC grin

So, OP, which phone should I insert that one into?
Re: Sandisk Has Made A 200GB Microsd Card For Your Phone by nuelzy: 10:31am On Mar 04, 2015
84 tawzen worth of SD card??,for this my alcatel W10??..nah me go first buy am
Re: Sandisk Has Made A 200GB Microsd Card For Your Phone by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
wow, still managing my 8gb!!

wetin i go carry 200gb do??

(1) (Reply)

Believe In Blackberry (public) / Sony Officially Announces The Xperia Z4 -techrez / Brand New White Blackberry Z30 For Urgent Sales@55k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.