Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE (3530 Views)

Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard / Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira / FG Close Nicon Luxury Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hi everyone, i would like to share my bitter ordeal with diamond bank management even if its a substantial sum of money..

At around mid 2014 "july"...i did purchased niger delta post utme form for my younger ones/friends via the school website, of which online payment option was made available
I did all my purchase via my diamond visa debit card,of which all transaction went successful with the steps below:
You click on the >>> 2014/2015 first choice only
It takes you to the next page below where you’d have to fill in those column then lastly it directs you to diamond bank webpay page which was integrated into the school's portal for online payments.
After which you’d enter your enter ur atm debit card details…then it debits you the required amount before generating an access pin for the pume form portal

Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
Having gone through those process successfully…

I got the shocker of my life when the school management sent out thz text msg on the 10th of feburary dz year quotin

"Dear candidate,Your 2014/2015 postutme Application form payment via atm has been reversed by the bank.Your postutme has therefore been invalidated.You are hereby requested to pay the sum of N3,500.00 into the ERESOFT comm Acct in Diamond bank Amassoma.Failure to do so withing 7 days will result in your NDU Admission being withdrawn"
thinking its was some sort of misconception or a joke actually

So I headed str8 to the sch bursary management/administration office..whilst the people I did meet there advised me to tell my wards to go pay in the money before the deadline, stating the school had audited its account and noticed some particular form purchased online via atm debit cards didn’t reflect in their account and I should ask my bank “DIAMOND BANK” for the purported cash reversal…so i did head straight to diamond bank situated inside the sch premises >>>showed the customer care guy a copy of the text>>he stated I ignored the text without even taking a proper look at it, but I replied telling him it’s a more serious matter than he thinks that even the V.C is aware and also advised all affected persons to pay before deadline…yet the customer care guy seems lost and helpless about my case,So i requested to see the branch manager

convo between me and diamond bank Amassoma branch Operational manager

me: gud morning
manager: mawnin n welcome to diamond bla bla
me: sir,my wards got such text from the sch management {showing a copy of the text}
manager:yea!! am aware of this case cos some people came earlier complaining and some have even started paying sef..
me: ehnnn...ow do u allow people pay for one thing twice..
manger: mutes....did you say u used ur atm in buying?? and have you called Eresoft ltd {company in charge of niger delta university portal)
me: Yes,an online option was made available..So?
manager:Why didn't you just come down to the bank to buy for your wards,only if you had used a physical teller,your case would have being easily traced.
me: {in my mind} ow did dis guy become a manager, for such silly question
me: {angry looks}aren't you aware of DiamondWebpay which enables merchants get their money via online transactions/online transaction always have reference no and payment i.d
{manager sensing am no novice cudnt reply my last statement}
manager:you said you used ur atm connected to your personal account
me: yea
manager: give your acct no to the customer care agent
{i dropped my act details}
manager ordered the c.care guy to check if any reversal was implemented in my account.
customer care audited,came back and said he could actually see the deductions made from my account but with no actual reversed refunds
manager: quote me your account details.

so i did..which he did laid complains on my behave to their headquarters and promised the cash would be reversed...i left in peace

but had to call the company responsible for processing Niger delta university post Utme portal "ERESOFT LTD"

asking them how was it possible for me to generate the form pin if they claimed not to see the money diamond debited from my account.

So the company requested i get a signed printout bank statement from the month of july 2014 to date..of which i went to diamond bank amassoma>>>got a stamped statement of account>>>headed back to the company>>>presented my statement to them...they also audited and yet didn't see a reversal...so they requested for one of my ward jamb reg no...so they could trace it on their own payment history ''ryt before my eyes''To cross check if payment was received for that transaction...lo n behold wat was indicated on their money received history details was "Approved no balance Available"{meaning diamond approved the money was debited from my acct which thereby enabled the pume portal to generate pin for me but didn't credit the money into the merchant's acct}
The Eresoft manager even went further to tell me that they had tried resolving this issue with diamond bank since last year..But diamond bank kept stressing the case stating it was a "FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION" that is why the merchant didn't get it credited into their account.

QUESTION 1: How can diamond debit me but yet claims its a fraudulent transaction.

From my perspective i knew there is a limit to which the company could hold Diamond Bank liable cos the money wasn't it actually from their purse,so the school management didn't have any option than to tell all candidates affected to go pay via teller within 1week and hold his/her bank solely for the said cash that wasn't received.

With such confirmation from the handling company, i had to switch to contacting diamond bank headquarters myself.I emailed\called diamond call center{headquarters}...spoke with a ''Judith lady'' whom i gave full details of what am experiencing with diamond bank...she apologized and told me the i will get a FEEDBACK IN 2WORKING Days and the money would be refunded...

Note: I was bent on giving each of my ward 3500 to go pay into the company's Diamond bank acct via teller before the sch deadline.

Question 2: The company operates her acct with diamond bank,so its in place for diamond to know out rightly, if the company is trying to act funny {which am fully aware that no reputable organization would want to try such}

Lo and behold its 1month plus of calling diamond call center and emailing them..NO FEEDBACK...NO CASH REVERSAL.

I have wasted a lot of credit units in calling for just 38,500naira.DIAMOND HAVE FAILED...

cc seun, puskin, naijacutee, FOD frontpage please

Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
after opening thz thread heading...i immediately got 2miss calls from diamondbank coupled with an email.
screenshot below...postin the full story soon

Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Agricexpert(m): 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hmmmmm.
Diamond please don't fall ur hand. Do d needful.
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 8:39am On Mar 10, 2015
promised 2working days update

Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 8:41am On Mar 10, 2015
stories upon stories

Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2015
my diamondwebpay history also indicating same status details on the merchant's diamondwebpay history.

Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 8:57am On Mar 10, 2015
please nlanders should quote me any bank regulatory body email contact,so i could forward a copy of my complaint to them apart from cbn.thank you.
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
cc seun, puskin, naijacutee, FOD
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by SIRKAY98(m): 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
Gbammm !!!!!! Case don start. Get a reputable lawyer and suit then for 1billion damages grin
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Goldenboy842(m): 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
Have they Resolved your Case?
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
Goldenboy842:
Have they Resolved your Case?

not yet bro
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
SIRKAY98:
Gbammm !!!!!! Case don start. Get a reputable lawyer and suit then for 1billion damages grin

exactly my next option
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Goldenboy842(m): 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
Besto:

not yet bro
What is the situation of things now
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2015
Goldenboy842:

What is the situation of things now

its being 6months now and diamondbank is not owning up...exposing them on twitter currently
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2015
All this for N3,500 ?
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 22, 2015
coolsix:
All this for N3,500 ?
are u ok? Can ur silly bank dash u 100naira?

5 Likes

Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 22, 2015
Besto:

its being 6months now and diamondbank is not owning up...exposing them on twitter currently
na wa
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
ArseneWenger:
are u ok? Can ur silly bank dash u 100naira?

I'm ok
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
coolsix:
All this for N3,500 ?

its N3500 in 11transactions.

totaling N38,500.

the merchant wasn't credited in all transactions yet i was debited... of which the merchant requested i pay via teller since the services have been rendered and diamond bank doesn't want to account the money to them..
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by SHOPPERS(m): 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
It is quite simple, GO TO COURT!
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
puskin: biko front page... as not only my twitter mentions could erect this to thier snr staffs.
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
Besto:
puskin: biko front page... as not only my twitter mentions could erect this to thier snr staffs.
puskin? grin local champion #naJoke oo.
Cc: lalasticlala, seun.
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2015
SIRKAY98:
not a bad idea.
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
ArseneWenger:
puskin? grin local champion #naJoke oo. Cc: lalasticlala, seun.
lol... tnx
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Goldenboy842(m): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2015
Besto:

That's really bad of them. Try n press charges
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by thegame(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
I sympathise with you but if you like, press charges and contact cbn efcc son nuc, you will not win this particular case.

Now, back to the issue. While I partly blame diamond for not reversing early or having issues with your transaction, I think you don't have anyone in the banking industry that can explain how things work to you, hence your claim of not being a novice when in fact, you actually are. You are here dissing the operations head and asking how he got there...well he got there with consistency + hard work and being courteous hence he wouldnt have a job at all. He could have directed you directly to the customer care but instead, he took his time to explain how others were doing it to you and the challenges they faced and apologised for his bank's error(note:bank, not unit).

This issue would be resolved by continuously contacting the customer care/e-business division of diamondBank. That manager can not do anything about this. He is in Operations Division, not Electronic Banking/electronic Business Division. As a matter of fact, the customer care can do more than the Manager on this matter. I believe we have a long way to go with electronic transactions but really, we are getting there. And yes, your transaction looked suspicious, hence the issue in the first place, if you ask me. 11 wards? The software may have picked something fishy up and now getting tougher contacting units to n fro in order to resolve. Also, the fault could be from the company too as they may not use diamond bank(i dont know how you got the info they use diamond bank anyway but thats confidential...and even if they use diamond bank, the money the forms get paid into might not be diamondBank account). In case they are not using diamond bank, it takes longer time to process.

Nigerian banks are one of the most regulated in the world. They are all practising the same thing being ordered by CBN with little variations. Not a single one of them will be delighted to hurt your feelings in anyway but What happened to you might have happened with FBN, Union, Heritage, GTB, Skye or any other. Instead of threatening with lawsuits, contact their key officers and express your displeasure. In the meantime, kindly sit back and keep sending mails and reminders on the subject to diamondBank. It will be resolved as soon as possible. Dont waste credit calling them, its the same as sending mails to them or talking to a customer care officer at any of their branches.

Lastly,I hope your wards are okay and did not lose the admission/enrolment?
Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
thegame:
I sympathise with you but if you like, press charges and contact cbn efcc son nuc, you will not win this particular case.

Now, back to the issue. While I partly blame diamond for not reversing early or having issues with your transaction, I think you don't have anyone in the banking industry that can explain how things work to you, hence your claim of not being a novice when in fact, you actually are. You are here dissing the operations head and asking how he got there...well he got there with consistency + hard work and being courteous hence he wouldnt have a job at all. He could have directed you directly to the customer care but instead, he took his time to explain how others were doing it to you and the challenges they faced and apologised for his bank's error(note:bank, not unit).

This issue would be resolved by continuously contacting the customer care/e-business division of diamondBank. That manager can not do anything about this. He is in Operations Division, not Electronic Banking/electronic Business Division. As a matter of fact, the customer care can do more than the Manager on this matter. I believe we have a long way to go with electronic transactions but really, we are getting there. And yes, your transaction looked suspicious, hence the issue in the first place, if you ask me. 11 wards? The software may have picked something fishy up and now getting tougher contacting units to n fro in order to resolve. Also, the fault could be from the company too as they may not use diamond bank(i dont know how you got the info they use diamond bank anyway but thats confidential...and even if they use diamond bank, the money the forms get paid into might not be diamondBank account). In case they are not using diamond bank, it takes longer time to process.

Nigerian banks are one of the most regulated in the world. They are all practising the same thing being ordered by CBN with little variations. Not a single one of them will be delighted to hurt your feelings in anyway but What happened to you might have happened with FBN, Union, Heritage, GTB, Skye or any other. Instead of threatening with lawsuits, contact their key officers and express your displeasure. In the meantime, kindly sit back and keep sending mails and reminders on the subject to diamondBank. It will be resolved as soon as possible. Dont waste credit calling them, its the same as sending mails to them or talking to a customer care officer at any of their branches.

Lastly,I hope your wards are okay and did not lose the admission/enrolment?

Oh well tnx for your write up, no offense tho i suspect you a diamond bank staff, at least my my current twitter heat worked as i have gotten due attention....

You asked if the company''merchant" uses diamond bank to receive payments for that particular transaction...answer : YESSS
I went to and fro the company with my account statement of which the faulted transaction ref was picked from my transaction history to cross check on their Diamondwebpay received history if such transaction money was remitted into their account.

Same banking industry modus operandi explanation you talked about....I think i did talked with up to 6 team leaders via customer care unit on a lengthy call...Why was no reasonable explanation made on how the industry operates.

Software picking fishy tins : Well i use same debit card with same details for other local and international transactions and all have been smooth as i have never had reason to pay for one service twice.

Tnx 1ce more for stoping by....as i just got a twitter dm from diamond promising to revert by monday...hopefully i will update with a screenshot here as am using this page as follow up ref.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by Besto(m): 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2015

Re: MOD PLEASE CLOSE/DELETE by kolokolobi(m): 1:24am On Sep 24, 2015
Wow

(1) (2)

Why Is Nobody Talking About Bitcoin Despite The Rise? / #1.5m To Invest / Importation Business Anyone Interested!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.