Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson (943 Views)

7 Nigerians Make The List Of Most Reputable People On Earth 2017 / Art Work Of The Day: Made With Ordinary Sand - Rate This Art Work 1 - 10 / Why I Boarded The Train Withordinary People On March 2 – Mercy Johnson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by SexySilifa(f): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Article written by actress Mercy Johnson Okojie...
My picture and that of my daughter, Purity in a Lagos train has surfaced online and quite a number of people have asked me what I was doing in a train and in Lagos for that matter; not Paris or London.
I was around Iddo at Ebute Metta when my Range Rover developed a mechanical fault and I had to make a very important appointment in Ikeja regardless of the usual traffic congestion in Lagos. Luckily, a member of my management team was around, he suggested a train ride and we were in Ikeja in less than 30 minutes but that is not the crux of this statemecut... See more photos after the cut...
Like I mentioned earlier, I have had to answer questions in private and public as to why I would board a train because trains in Nigeria are considered a means of transportation for the ordinary and not-so-rich people. A friend called and said I just devalued my brand by being on the train with ordinary people. I couldn’t help but laugh. Are we extra ordinary people because we are celebrities?
In as much as I understand the concept of branding, packaging and exclusiveness, I will never trade the experience to sit, interact and feel the pulse of so-called ordinary people.
By the way, I am part of the ordinary people. I grew up as an ordinary person among ordinary people. Why would I avoid them now? Would that be because I am now famous? Without these ordinary people, how would I have been famous in the first place? Without the so called ordinary people, where would Nigeria's growing population of so-called well packaged celebrities be today?
For the purpose of clarification, I was not on that train due to lack of money to get a well packaged cab or to get somebody to bring another car from the house but, my car developed an unforeseen fault and I needed a fast , reliable and convenient alternative immediately as there was urgent business to be attended to and I respect time a lot.
The train was available where I was; most importantly, I did not want to turn down the opportunity to be with the people who would ordinarily not have access to me so I grabbed the opportunity with both hands and here we are.
I want to thank my co-passengers, officials of the train for treating me with absolute respect and courtesy, I am indeed, very grateful.

SOURCE: www.silifa.com
http://www.silifa.com/2015/03/why-i-boarded-train-with-ordinary.html

Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by Kjking(m): 8:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
Don't mind jare....... If only we could as ourselves as nothing bfor God, he'll definitely make us somebody.. God bless you mercy
Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by DesChyko: 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
Well, you're not the first. PhockphockMan did toogrin
Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
But you really don't need to clarify anything in the first place. When did it become a crime to board a train? In what way are you better than them? Just because you are celebrated doesn't not mean you should think you can't live your normal again na!

I was happy to see you ride a train but with this explanation...... Lets be humble, it doesn't kill.
Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
overestimated sense of importance. These "ordinary" people pay for the life you have

1 Like

Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by MissEse: 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nigerians!!
If she no enter Problem!
She enter Problem!
Op even made the topic look like it was Mercy that called the passengers of the train 'ordinary'

On a second thought!
This news is good for business(politics)
There's train for easy and fast movement, train faster than the buses APC govt is receiving praises for.
Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by atilla(m): 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
please what im interested in is where can i catch the train from so i can go and ride it myself.
Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by Bisjosh(f): 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
sunnyshayne:
But you really don't need to clarify anything in the first place. When did it become a crime to board a train? In what way are you better than them? Just because you are celebrated doesn't not mean you should think you can't live your normal again na!

I was happy to see you ride a train but with this explanation...... Lets be humble, it doesn't kill.

Guess you just read the topic only and commented. tongue
Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by chidekings(m): 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
for ur information mercy,no human being is ordinary.
Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by jasper7(m): 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
is it just me or do I get the feeling this is just the government trying to give rail transport credibility without taking any backlash incase the operation goes south.
it's cool tho. at last some soft/indirect advertising. not the usual crude, brutal and direct advertising we are used to.
Re: 'why I Boarded The Train With 'ordinary People' On March 2' - Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Bisjosh:

Guess you just read the topic only and commented. tongue

Yes ma, take me to court.

(1) (Reply)

DJ Neptune Looks Dapper In New Promo Photos / Etcetera Says “church Is Leading You Straight To Hell!” / See How This Girl Whyne Her Waist Heavily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.