Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

The Great Commission: Whose Responsibility Is It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Commission: Whose Responsibility Is It? (441 Views)

Majority Of Christians Are Not Following The Great Commission Of Jesus Christ / Winners Pastors Fight Dirty In Lagos Over N16.5m Church Land Commission / What Is The Great Commission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Great Commission: Whose Responsibility Is It? by getinspired: 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
MATHEW 28:18-20- “And Jesus came and spoke to them , saying, All POWER is given unto me in heaven and in earth.Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the FATHER, and the SON, and the HOLY GHOST:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever i have commanded you: and lo, i am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
The above scripture is the instruction given by our Lord Jesus Christ to all believers on earth to do, but sad enough it has all been left for Pastors and Evangelists as the people called by GOD to do.
Now, the question is , are you a disciple of Christ?, If your answer is yes, then, i have a message for you. A verse before verse 18, thus verse 17 of Mathew 18 said, when the DISCIPLES came back to Jesus, they came with a good report . which means that the only good report a disciple of Christ can give to Christ apart from his own salvation is winning a soul.
Stop relinquishing your responsibility to someone else to do and sitting on the fence watching on what will happen to our dying world. God wants to heal this world through you and if you refuse to administer the” prescription ” all these patients(sinners) will die.
That healing power in you to the dying world is the power of the HOLY SPIRIT inside of you.
In Acts 1:8- Jesus clearly said , You shall receive power after the Holy GHOST has come upon you and you shall testify about me….”. Listen He did not say ” You will be in your house or sit down after the holy ghost has come upon you” but you will go from places to places until He calls you home.
Here is a story about four people named EVERYBODY, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY and NOBODY that must change your orientation about this great commission.
There was an important job to be done and EVERYBODY was asked to do it.
EVERYBODY was sure SOMEBODY would do it , ANYBODY could have done it but NOBODY did it. SOMEBODY got angry because it was EVERYBODY’S job.
EVERYBODY thought ANYBODY could do it, but NOBODY realized that EVERYBODY would do it . It ended up that EVERYBODY blamed SOMEBODY when NOBODY did what ANYBODY could have done.
Beloved, look at this story of the four people and stop giving excuses of your daily assignment Christ has given you until eternity and start sharing the gospel about our Lord JESUS with people you meet on the street, buses and wherever you find the opportunity.
God bless you as you have changed your attitude towards this great commission given to us by GOD.

Source: http://gtinspire.com/the-great-commission-whose-responsibility-is-it/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gullible Nigerians / Pope Francis Sends Warm Letter To Nigerians & Nigerian Priests / Make Your Enviroment Friendly By Calling Chogon For All Your Cleaning Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.