Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface (1214 Views)

Yomi Fabiyi Kisses A Female Fan At A Bus Stop / "Wizkid Is Too Short, He Can't Handle Me," - Singer Saeon States / HOT Gist:singer Blackface Comes For 2face [2baba] On Twitter [screenshot] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by Wisdytech(m): 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
See more: http://brainnewsng.com/day-female-fan-pounced-on-me-singer-blackface/

Ahmedu Augustine Obiabo (aka Blackface,) a member of the now defunct Plantashun Boyz, the group that comprised Tuface Idibia, Faze and him is back on the block as he has just released a couple of singles with a promise to release a full length album entitled The Defender soon. He shares his stage experience today.

It has been quite a while, what has been happening to you?
I have been studying the music industry to know the kind of music people want and also to create a kind of scarcity for my brand of music so that people will yearn for it because it is a special kind of sound.

Can you remember the first time you performed on stage live?
That was during my secondary school days at St. Gabriels School in Makurdi and later, at the Institute of Management & Technology (IMT), Enugu. But with the Plantashun Boyz it was in 1998 when I met Tuface. I cannot remember the kind of show it was.

Did you panic?
The stage is a normal place for me. I am used to it because the more the crowd the better the show and the more excited I get. I am very energetic when it comes to stage performance.

Do you take any stimulant before going on stage?
Drugs? No. What I do is to memorise my lines via constant practice but I derive my energy from keeping fit by doing at least 20 laps of press-ups daily.

So what do you do on the day of a show?
I try as much as possible to do light exercise and stay away from people because the more you talk to people, the more you talk on top of your voice and that could crack your vocal chords.

What of brandy or weed?
Not really but when the weather is cold I could take a shot or two but that does not mean I can’t perform without taking brandy.

Any special food?
Well, heavy food in the night and light food in the morning and I eat a lot of cheese so as not to feel heavy.

How do you relate with your fans?
My fans are the best things to happen to me because when some people thought I was down and out, my fans kept on encouraging me, telling me to keep going on.

So what crazy thing has a male or female fan done to you?
My male fans want my shoes, my jeans, my caps and anything I am wearing. One crazy experience I remember was at the Naughty By Nature show during the Rothmans Groove in Lagos when fans bombarded the stage and were unstoppable; the security guys had a hectic time controlling them.

How about a female fan stripping for you or doing one crazy thing or the other?
I have been in the industry long enough to know when a fan wants to start getting weird so what I do is to control them. But during a show I did on Valentine Day, a very hefty lady jumped on the stage and before I could say Jackie Robinson, pounced on me! I still don’t know how she beat the watertight security. She was so heavy I went down immediately while she was so excited dancing on me. Stylishly I gathered some energy and stood up. I knew she was excited and wanted to show it because she did not harm me. I saw the excitement in her eyes; all she wanted was to get close and dance with me.

Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by valmunich(m): 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
I don't know why I have this feeling that this dude is lying undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by lokito: 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
Mtn callertune "you have all it takes to be better..." Sweet pass all this guy song put together
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by Glowstone(m): 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
NO vex oo but who be
BLACKFACEundecidedundecided
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by rossychik(f): 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
[quote author=lokito post=31330711]Mtn callertune "you have all it takes to be better..." Sweet pass all this guy song put together[/quote

Hahahaha u wickedoo I swear
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by dammiecool(m): 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
grin
valmunich:
LOL
Hes actually lying

e dey smoke something
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by valmunich(m): 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
dammiecool:
grin
LOL
Hes actually lying

e dey smoke something
cool
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by Airforce1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
Bros you can lie o cheesy
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by vybrant(m): 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
I'm sure that happened during d early 2000s and not recently
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
Airforce1:
Bros you can lie o cheesy

It could be true but may likely be when they (PB) were still together. Wish him the best in his career.

#TeamNeverAgain. ........................................buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). 24/7 services available. Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by mikigen(m): 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
lokito:
Mtn callertune "you have all it takes to be better..." Sweet pass all this guy song put together
lolz bros you bad..but seriously if you just want your song to be popular all you gotta do is let mtn make it a free caller tune to every one for a max of too weeks! The rest is history.
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by floragregs(f): 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
valmunich:
bro u took the words right out of my mouth! Lwkm. He interviewed himself.
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by englishmart(m): 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
Glowstone:
NO vex oo but who be
BLACKFACEundecidedundecided
na one Costa Rican musician wey flows finish from im mouth since 2008
Re: Day Female Fan Pounced On Me– Singer Blackface by Glowstone(m): 6:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
englishmart:
na one Costa Rican musician wey flows finish from im mouth since 2008

NO wonder
imagine the weird name 'Blackface' like wtf

smh

(1) (Reply)

Dorobad: See What Nicki Minaj Is Doing To Girl On Stage / High School Musical Star Is Pregnant / Rich, Sexy And Humble Sugar Mummy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.