Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Denominations Of Naira In Which Students Buy Food. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Denominations Of Naira In Which Students Buy Food. (605 Views)

Make Upto 10,000 Naira In Learnites Online Quiz Competition / Ban Of Naira Atm Usage Abroad – A Perfect Way Forward. / If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Denominations Of Naira In Which Students Buy Food. by ceeSleek(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
i'm very sure those who went to school or are still in any tetiary institution will fully understand this. While in school, there are things as a student we buy just to survive the hunger in our stomach especially those who live off campus.
I bring to you, THE DENOMINATIONS OF NAIRA in which students buy food to survive.

#1000: As a student, maybe while that lecturer is still in class and you are feeling hungry. You already start planning your list to cook a rich pot of soup. With this denomination, a pot of soup with assorted 'choppingsings' (meat,kponmo,shaki,stocfish etc) will do or going to eat in a 5-star restaurant. This level, is prolly when you just got admitted.

#500: The best thing this denomination can produce, is a pot of rice. Either jollof,fried or white rice and stew with fried fish or meat. Students, who live off campus will sure agree with me.

#200: This denomination can produce so many foods, it depends on the taste of the student. It can produce; a plate of rice in iya ama's canteen, a plate of swallow in iya basira's shade, bread/indomie and egg in mallam musa's buka, rich tea and biscuit/bread, bread and sardine/egg.

#100: arrghr! This is the Student's favourite denomination to produce food. It produces food that temporarily holds the stomach especially during lectures. They are; egg roll and coke/fanta/sprite (for my school na N50 oo), sausage, gala and zobo, chin-chin,plantain/potato chips. While at home - bread and akara, indomie and egg,combo of fried potatoes,plantain and yam and stew sauce (na fries we dey call am ooo), rich drinking garri (enuff milk,sugar,groundnut and cold water dey dere).

#50: this denomination is used when 'owu' don dey blow boizz (especially end of semester, during exams) we use #50 to eat during the day. And that is semi-poor drinking garri (ijebu garri-N20,sugar-N10,groundnut-N10,pure water-10) *that garri go swell pass tiwa savage 'belle' before we start to dey drink am*

#20: This denomination is used to buy biscuit and pure water For food as a student or biscuit and groundnut as food and sometimes to quench hunger temporarily.

#10: it is used to buy pure water. Sometimes, when you are hungry in school and you have no money. You just buy two pure water (Behind babes dey call am sachet water *na dem sabi*) and use it to full your stomach to the extent that you wont feel the hunger again. (it works for students*me*)

#5: darn! I know this denomination, seems extinct in Nigeria. but, it will shock you to know that some students still use it to buy their 'seemingly' food. What they do is, they use it to buy chewing gum. And they keep chewing the gum because they believe as they chew gum, they won't notice the hunger. Hehehe

*feel free to add yours and your denomination of naira*

Itsyoboi: ceeSleek
Re: Denominations Of Naira In Which Students Buy Food. by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hahahaha,5 naira,ok
Re: Denominations Of Naira In Which Students Buy Food. by ceeSleek(m): 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
Hahahaha,5 naira,ok
bro, na d N5 own dey make u laff?! Oyaaa, tell which wan u do wel wel.
Re: Denominations Of Naira In Which Students Buy Food. by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
ceeSleek:
bro, na d N5 own dey make u laff?! Oyaaa, tell which wan u do wel wel.
that 200 naira,for night

1 Like

Re: Denominations Of Naira In Which Students Buy Food. by ceeSleek(m): 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
that 200 naira,for night
correct!!!

(1) (Reply)

Adult Literacy Home Tutors / Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro / 2015/2016 Federal University Of Agriculture Makurdi Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.