Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Being Equally Yoked- The Osu/ohu Caste System Of The Igbo Extraction - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Being Equally Yoked- The Osu/ohu Caste System Of The Igbo Extraction (782 Views)

MONARCH’S STOOL: Ohu, Amadi Caste Systems Tear Enugu Community Apart / Does "OUTCAST" (osu Or Ohu) Exist In Igbo Land. / Osu Caste System! Such A Terrible Practice!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Equally Yoked- The Osu/ohu Caste System Of The Igbo Extraction by MimiOkwara(f): 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
Note: Please, I write to us all,presuming we all are of same beliefs. If,by chance,am totally not correct, no problems. Then its not for you. You can Passover with out causing uncivil havoc. Thanks.

I stumbled upon a post yesterday, that I would love to republish with permit from the firsthand. Thanks Chi-Chi Nnani.

By way of"opining my thoughts",I'll start by saying that;

1. Its already established that we ain't gonna sell out to "worldly dictates" in whatsoever we're gonna find ourselves doing.

2. So even as believers in any kinda relationship with the other, we're expected to be "equally yoked" not "unequal".

3.  No human,tradition, cultural belief is homogeneous with the other no matter the extent of resemblance and God is aware of this.

4. But despite the discrepancies, we must relate with one another In any and every way"befitting if the saints".

Now,throwing more light on this,let's look at the big picture;

2 Corinthians 5:17.
"When someone becomes a Christian he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun".(TLB).

"If any man be in a Christ.." That declaration is up and doing for all circumstances. That is to say, in God's big plan, His family ties bounded by the efficacy of Christ's blood nullifies every other ordinance that is out of order/out of synch to the big plan. Authoritatively, all creatures,even wall gecko,once you've known,believed and accepted this truth and game plan,is accepted into the one big happy family of God with total disregard of norms and traditions of biological settings when they are Biblically out of order and contradicts the principles of The Finished Work of Christ and all dividends inherent.

6. We,now have a reference point which balances our inequalities.

2Corinthians 5:21
"For God took the sinless Christ and poured into him our sins. Then in exchange, he poured God's goodness(God's righteousness-Christ) into us".

That is our reference point,like flashback. So in this new life that has begun,we ain't blurred in our vision to consider what long oral or written ordinances have to say concerning a context. Even If centuries back, had their forefathers make sacrifices to some deity on their head,selling them off to some scraggy god/gods, Jehovah, himself,on that day at Calvary, poured all of them divinations, enchantments, evil,sins into our redemptive personality. And in exchange, he poured goodness into us. We are his righteousness. All of Him is all we are and can ever be. Not some useless tags in low places called OSU/OHU caste.

7. Also, believer's entire life is summed as "worship". And in true worship its our spirits(the regenerated) that offer it tp God who is also a spirit. So we may be different in our body responses, thinking and ,cultural beliefs and orientations. But we can always worship alike-hence Jesus is our reference point. He is spirit and our spirit must have being regenerated to synch with his. And in tune,the horizontal way of worship to God must speak volumes of the vertical.

Atimes I wonder at the possibility of Jesus not having an OSU amongst his followers but he still told them that his brethren are "those that know and do his will". That makes us, dear. That's the fixative holding all humans having same stead in a point.So,Lady and Gentleman, in that relationship you both have a mutual interest-Jesus'. Past the barrier and shackles associated with our different biological ties is the "goodness/righteousness" poured into us all by God himself. And he did so fully aware of the pronunciation made by the gods of your villages coupled with sacrifices from our fore-blind fathers.. And guess what

"God Stood/Stands up to open heaven's court. He pronounced/pronounces judgement on the *judges*(gods, wickedness in high/low places,deities of all the towns put together plus all the fore-blinds...Lol). How long will you judges refuse to listen to The Evidence? How long will you shower special favours on the wicked? Give fair judgement to the poor man,THE OSUS,the afflicted, the fatherless, the destitute............... I have called you all god and sons of the Most High. But in death(not just death, in life and existence) you are mere men/OSU's.... "

God forbid.

So y'all have seen that anyone living "Before Christ" in 2015 is seriously on a "longer thing". There is No Condemnation brother..and you allow you umunna and extended via village to knit one in the name of "Osu-Exclusive Principle". Omo! You ignition never start oh.

In Colossians 3vs 17. We do everthing as unto the Lord. If the kind person is unequally yoked to you,you may not bother. But he/she is a blood washed, sold out sumborri to your reference point,and you go on ahead to rebuff" the Identical resemblance of this person to yourself? My dear, that's punishable, with A lifetime"Unmarried-Life" regardless of your hard labour. We don't care. To heaven with it.

We can't be yoked with some Godless,baseless customs and traditions. Thats so unequal and infact God-abuse. But,we can be equally yoked-hence its Jesus only balancing all differences. But we're unequally yoked when we have other reference points which may be love,sex,money (not my focus,tho'),inordinate and Godless customs. etc. They ain't cool oh and can't hold nothing when its at the centre.

Finally, am aware of the chary ones who ain't got the nerves to face these trashes. Trust me they can put you on a long chase,keep engagements outlasting time,with parents uncles and umunnas actively dragging you. One tip for you;

"You love him/her,right? And you've got Godly convictions... With full acknowledgement of God's overall will and plan for an expected end...follow God to his destination for you and if by chance you have the kind clergy that misinterprets "giving Ceaser his and God,His",for fear of what the land will do to him,his family and church building, just holla at me for assistance and direction(I mean it). Enough of these church people practicing and denying the power thereof of what they profess to practice.

We can not continue to lend the devil the power he never can have. Even if there were impressions on anyone in the past. The finished work on the cross has taken care of  it in replacement. And if anyone,reading this has been tagged an Osu by traditions,and you are a child of God,believing in all the provisions inherent in and by the blood...you have no problems whatsever.

God Said it and That Settled/Settles and Keeps Settling it.

Grace!

Mimi Okwara © 2015
Re: Being Equally Yoked- The Osu/ohu Caste System Of The Igbo Extraction by SuaveVic(m): 10:52am On Mar 08, 2015
Hello mimi, my name is victor 4rm enugu ngwo in enugu state. I wld luv to knw u more and eventually get to meet yu. Its dere any way I can contact u?

1 Like

Re: Being Equally Yoked- The Osu/ohu Caste System Of The Igbo Extraction by MimiOkwara(f): 11:10am On Mar 09, 2015
Here,
www.facebook.com/mimi.okwara.
Send a request and a message indicating you did then I cld drop a contact info in there. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be True (pic) / The Great Oba Of Benin Is Dead / Top Traditional Rulers Storm Lagos For Yoruba Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.