Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck (3007 Views)

Mentally Unstable Woman Gives Birth To A Bouncing Baby Girl In Rivers. Photos / How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS / Mentally Unstable Couple Spotted In Abia - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by stone07(m): 10:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hello mothers in the house. Pls my six months
old child has not been able to hold and stand his
neck.But he can turn it to right or left side only.
The neck is not yet stable so we don't
understand what is happening to him. Although
he was born pre term but as at this age, we
think he should be able to hold and stand the
neck.
Pls has any mother experienced this problem
before? and what can we do to stabilise the
neck.
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by thorpido(m): 11:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
stone07:
neck.
neck.
What kind of care did he receive at the time he was born?What circumstances led to his being born preterm.Did he suffer any other sickness after birth?
I think your baby may have had some neurological problems at birth resulting into what is known as delayed milestones.See a paediatrician and take it up from there.
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by stone07(m): 11:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
thorpido:
What kind of care did he receive at the time he was born?What circumstances led to his being born preterm.Did he suffer any other sickness after birth?
I think your baby may have had some neurological problems at birth resulting into what is known as delayed milestones.See a paediatrician and take it up from there.
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by stone07(m): 11:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
thorpido:
Thanks @thorpido for your quick response. He was born with hernia and was also treated for jaundice when he was in nursery.
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by DrAify(f): 3:44am On Mar 06, 2015
Was the hernia treated?

Bear in mind that your baby was born prematurely,he/she may reach this milestone later than most other babies.

Talk to your doctor if you are worried.
Good luck
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by lanxebony(m): 6:15am On Mar 06, 2015
@ op , ur baby will not be able to sit due to d fact dat d neck is not stable and am thinking ur baby has cerebral palsy(cp).
U need to take him(i think) to a paedeatrician in a teaching hosp coz private will consume lot of money.
Buh, pls dnt feel bad because bt just knw u have to spare ur time coz the treatment will take most of ur time, and wat he might be needing most is physio works.
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by stone07(m): 7:00am On Mar 06, 2015
DrAify:

Was the hernia treated? Bear in mind that your baby was born prematurely,he/she may reach this milestone later than most other babies.Talk to your doctor if you are worried.
Goodluck
Yes he was treated. They did an operation for him. The situation is bothering me and my wife.
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by stone07(m): 7:04am On Mar 06, 2015
lanxebony:
@ op , ur baby will not be able to sit due to d fact dat d neck is not stable and am thinking ur baby has cerebral palsy(cp).
U need to take him(i think) to a paedeatrician in a teaching hosp coz private will consume lot of money.
Buh, pls dnt feel bad because bt just knw u have to spare ur time coz the treatment will take most of ur time, and wat he might be needing most is physio works.

Thanks for your response. Yes he has not been able to sit right now and this is a big concern to us right now. We will take him to a paediatrician doctor.
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by thorpido(m): 7:52am On Mar 06, 2015
stone07:
Thanks @thorpido for your quick response. He was born with hernia and was also treated for jaundice when he was in nursery.
The jaundice might be the cause.Jaundice if not well treated leads to something called Kernicterus.The child ends up with cerebral palsy and development is retarded.
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by lanxebony(m): 7:56am On Mar 06, 2015
stone07:
Thanks for your response. Yes he has not been able to sit right now and this is a big concern to us right now. We will take him to a paediatrician doctor.

Dats a gud one, and pls get him there asap ur boy is still a baby, his muscle tone can still be work upon and little strenght can still be restored. Dnt keep him at home 4 long. May God help u
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by lanxebony(m): 8:17am On Mar 06, 2015
thorpido:
The jaundice might be the cause.Jaundice if not well treated leads to something called Kernicterus.The child ends up with cerebral palsy and development is retarded.

Torpido ur guess are going wt mine, kernicterous is d best suggest cause and i guess op might nt b as observant coz d child would have presented some clinical s&s
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by stone07(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2015
lanxebony:

Torpido ur guess are going wt mine, kernicterous is d best suggest cause and i guess op might nt b as observant coz d child would have presented some clinical s&s
@lanxebony please what is clinical s&s?
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by stone07(m): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2015
stone07:
@lanxebony please what is clinical s&s?
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by lanxebony(m): 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
[quote author=stone07 post=31352920][/quote]

Signs and symptoms
Re: I Need An Advise To Unstable Baby Neck by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
stone07:
neck.
neck.

There are head gears to help hold his head/neck in place. Just not sure how easy it is to obtain where you are. Take her to pediatrician and have her evaluated first; then have her refer you to an orthopedic for possible braces.

(1) (Reply)

Have U Really Considered Adding Weight!? / How To Get Longrich Products At Cheaper Price / Harmful Side Effects Of Birth Control Pills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.