Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

How The Cloud Storage System Works - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How The Cloud Storage System Works (786 Views)

3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively / Uc Cloud Will Be Suspended Soon / What Is Your Favorite Cloud Storage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How The Cloud Storage System Works by xtervaganza(m): 11:32am On Mar 06, 2015
Sorry to bother y'all but I have some questions that needs answers about the cloud storage system

1) while saving to cloud, will I use the same amount of data the size of the file I'm uploading to cloud? (E.g I want to save a 1 gig file to cloud, will it cost 1 gig of my data plan to upload it to cloud)

2) can I access my cloud contents without Internet?(like in memory csrd)

3) will it cost me data to retrieve my files on cloud? Like if I want to get a file from my cloud storage, will I get it by downloading from the storage or I just access it like that.. ( like if I want my 1gig file from cloud, will it cost me another 1gig of my data to retrieve it?)

Pls I need answers. Thanks
Re: How The Cloud Storage System Works by basille(m): 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
1) Yes

2) No, except you enable a "save offline feature" in which case it saves to your local storage and it depends on the various cloud storage systems.

3)Yes it will cost you data, you can get your files by either downloading or accessing it directly e.g if you want to access a pdf file, you can either read it directly ( if the cloud storage supports pdf format view) or download it.
I'm not sure if it would cost you the same data to access it online (though it should), but it would definitely cost same to download.
Re: How The Cloud Storage System Works by SOMICMACPHERSON: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
Create a Free pCloud Account! Get up to 20 GB Free! Learn More PCLOUD.COM

https://www.teachalearner.com/pcloud-online-storage/

PCloud – The best secure Dropbox, Google drive, OneDrive alternative!

(1) (Reply)

Landvo L500S 5″ Android Smartphone Stock Won’t Last Because Price Is Too Cheap / Lg G3 Full Specifications Vs. Latest Lg G4 / Wahala Done Dey Oooo! Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.