Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

What's Up With The New Report Button? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Up With The New Report Button? (1397 Views)

Suggestion To Change The SHARE Button To DISLIKE Button / Where Does Nairaland "Share" Button Share To? / The Report Button Is Nt Effective. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Up With The New Report Button? by joywendy(f): 5:08am On Mar 07, 2015
yes browsing through nl today and i saw some very silly post that needed urgent attention grin

i clicked on the report button and then instead of another page to show up, so i can make my complaints i see the report button change to "un-report" shocked

What is the function of this new feature?

if we make a report how do you know what the complaint is about in particular?

why "un-report" why report a person in the first place if you are still gonna "un-report" undecided what is the essence?

oga of this forum, seun please answers smiley

BTW to derail a bit, i think we also need a FAQs button both for guests and members.

4 Likes

Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by Adesiji77: 5:10am On Mar 07, 2015
You are not alone on this. Been wondering too...

1 Like

Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by oseiwe(m): 5:20am On Mar 07, 2015
joywendy:
yes browsing through nl today and i saw some very silly post that needed urgent attention grin

i clicked on the report button and then instead of another page to show up, so i can make my complaints i see the report button change to "un-report" shocked

why "un-report" why report a person in the first place if you are still gonna "un-report" undecided what is the essence?

BTW to derail a bit, i think we also need a FAQs button both for guests and members.
your post has been reported for them to take notice cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by joywendy(f): 5:20am On Mar 07, 2015
Adesiji77:
You are not alone on this. Been wondering too...

Don't worry Master Seun will explain to us after he wakes up from sleep grin
Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by Gboliwe: 6:36am On Mar 07, 2015
Here was I thinking it was a function of my browser or airtel has started to show themselves again. I was blaming the wrong peoplE.

I noticed that too and it doesn't make sense (yet)

1 Like

Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by Obinnau(m): 6:52am On Mar 07, 2015
its a new feature implemented by the NL management. once you click on report we get a notification about the post in question but if you unreport the notification goes away.

1 Like

Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by golddeejay(m): 7:36am On Mar 07, 2015
me i think a report shd take u to where u can have a 'small' msg to it.
Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by golddeejay(m): 7:38am On Mar 07, 2015
me i think a report shd take u to where u can have a 'small' msg to it. Nl needs some little adjstments. I think the owner chose simplicity and speed above other things.
Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by justi4jesu(f): 8:09am On Mar 07, 2015
joywendy:

i just reported your post, i'll unreport it later when the need arises. grin tongue
Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by joywendy(f): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
Obinnau:
its a new feature implemented by the NL management. once you click on report we get a notification about the post in question but if you unreport the notification goes away.

ohhh i see

But then how would you know what exactly the report is about? or why the person reported the post?

you guys just get a notification and you just assume or what?

Don't you think this new feature might be abused?

sorry for my many questions but that's just me. grin
Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by Obinnau(m): 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
joywendy:

ohhh i see

But then how would you know what exactly the report is about? or why the person reported the post?

you guys just get a notification and you just assume or what?

Don't you think this new feature might be abused?

sorry for my many questions but that's just me. grin

it works just the way policemen receive a tip about something and they go to investigate. when we see the report, its left to our judgement what to do about it. whether to hide it or move to the appropriate section and others. yes some people abuse it.

1 Like

Re: What's Up With The New Report Button? by dominique(f): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2015
The new report featurebis a very fantastic and convenient feature for both mods and members. Once you see an inappropriate post, just hit the report link and continue viewing other posts. The mods will take care of it from there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are/is The Criteria For A Thread To Make Frontpage??@mods / Resident Permit Is Easy Through Canada Study And Work / Police Recruitment: 338,227 Applicants Shortlisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.