Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,814 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland (1632 Views)

Chizzy Alichi Hits Anambra NYSC Camp To Serve Fatherland / Beyond Serving The Fatherland / Which Of These Camps Would Serve My Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by wholex(m): 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2006
Just posted to kaduna state to serve my father land after graduation from the university. is their any nairalander who is kaduna bound for his/her NYSC 2006 batch B. we can start friendship b4 we got there. hoping to av a swell time there serving the country.
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by ishmael(m): 8:21am On Aug 31, 2006
i'm in kaduna right now; but i'm not a corper sha.
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by omosefe(f): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2006
hello!!!!!!!!!!!
welcome to kaduna. am servin in kad too, but a batch A.
dont worry, d camp is not bad.
but u might get kinda cold, so prepare ursef.

wanna wish u d best.

c ya!!!!
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by ishmael(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2006
omosefe:

hello!!!!!!!!!!!
welcome to kaduna. am servin in kad too, but a batch A.
don't worry, d camp is not bad.
but u might get kind of cold, so prepare ursef.

want to wish u d best.

c ya!!!!

Omosefe, where in kaduna are you doing ur primary assignment? And where do reside in kaduna? Regards!!
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by omosefe(f): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2006
ma place of primary assignment is leadway assurance co. ltd, consitution road.
were do u stay in kad
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by duttybarb(f): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2006
so why r u nw tellin us dis. wel done. bt please dnt post crap on jobs. haba!
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by omosefe(f): 9:00am On Sep 01, 2006
hey dutybarb!!!!

wts ur prob??
yes, we knw its 4 jobs, n tell me wats wrong in askin wer m servin n wntin to know
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by mimi83: 9:18am On Sep 01, 2006
omo and duttybarb, r u guys ok? take it easy. we know this is a forum and in a forum, things happen. it's not bad trying to get in touch wit some1 when u r in a new place, u nid as many many contacts as possible ok.
duttybarb, omo's just trying to be nice. remember u can get jobs thru friendz, u know?
i'm also serving in kd but i'm a batch A corp member. KD's a nice place, it's my first time ere n to tell u the truth, i'm in love with the place. things r very, very affordable ere ranging from accomodation, food(esp food), jewellries etc. all u nid to do as first-timer is to first seek accomodation b4 camp or while on camp except u have smeone to put up with til u r thru with ur programme. the most important is to put everything to God in prayers cos it's rili not easy starting life on ur own esp if u r a female.
well, i know u'l have fun n again, KD is a nice place to serve. cheers!!!
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by wholex(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2006
hello guys thanks for ur response to my thread, i wudnt mi nd if i can get any contact from u guys. i shud arrive at Kd by monday evening. thou wiyhout a place to stay b4 the camp starts on tuesday. i wud be happy if i can get any assistance from omosefe and d rest. my email is edlove003@yahoo.com
waiting to hear from you.
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by omosefe(f): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2006
hey mimi, i tink i knw u, well, like mimi said, u ve to look 4 accomodation, cs, most of us went tru lots stress.
d place is indeed peaceful.

hopin to c ya soon,

18r
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by tripleofj(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2006
its very fascinating that people have been discussing about Kaduna for NYSC, before now i was skeptical about what to expect from the state, but on reading ur posts, i feel am not alone. Yesterday i got my call up that i ll be serving in Kaydee. well i don't mind meeting people b4 i actually get there my email address is tripleofj@yahoo.com. i ll be travelling to kd on monday by God's grace, i wish every body including me going to KayDee journey Mercy.
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by mimi83: 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2006
hello wholex and tripleofj,
since camp resumes on tuesday, it's best u guys arrive there on monday and spend the night there. i'm rili serious about this.
let me tell u my story, during my time,we were to report to camp on a tuesday(val's day) but since i dint know any1 there in kd, i decided to leave on monday morning by road thru a bus company(cross country) organized for youth corpers. we left that morning and arrived there in the evening, on getting there we met the camp co-ordinator(the guy in charge) and he accomodated us all, telling us it was a normanl thing for piple to arrive b4 the day of resumption. we registered our names, were given mattresses and slept in a dorm. our call-up letters were collected till we returned the matt. the next morning. ohhh, the night was so so so cold and we woke up as early as 3am to take our baths and queue to collect our letters after submiting the matt.
luckily for us we were among the first 100 but it wsnt easy cos by the time we were attended to, it was already 10 or 11am, can u imagine? since 3am we woke up
thank God i ws able to register early cos i was able to get the best uniforms and shoes(especially shoes) and i got a good place to sleep for the next three weeks. those that arrived on the day of resumption saw TROUBLE, it was not easy for them at all. while they were struggling under the hot sun to register, we were trying to make friends n get to know our surroundings better. mehn, i was glad i made it the day b4.
well, to cut the long story short, everyone registered n that's wen camp started, "under the sun or in the rain", be ready for some action!
for the record, make sure u carry along an extra white pair of canvas, just incase ur whites dont fit. mine was terrible. also, some plain white shirts, white shorts, water bottle, food flask, u'll get the rest at the mammy market, but what's important is that u arrive a day b4 the resumption date i.e monday 4th september.
goodluck n whatever happens, tell urself that u came to have fun n u'll definitely do. cheerio!!!
u can reach me on mimi_rus@yahoo.com
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by ishmael(m): 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2006
omosefe, i know where your office is. i know constitution road very well. i stay in kaduna south. i'll give you a suprise visit one of these days. pls give me your e-mail address and your gsm/office phone no. i'll give you a suprise call. cheers!!
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by wholex(m): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2006
wat a nice lecture by[b] mimi[/b], u sound a great analyst.i will definitely follow ur advise . Thanks so much i realli appreciate.omosefe,ismael, trippleofj and everybody, hoping to c ya all in KD. mimi where is cross country office in lagos so that i cud book my ticket tomorow
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by ishmael(m): 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2006
wholex i wish you a safe trip down to kd. u can get me on this line. i dont have a fone 4 now. let me know when u get to kd. send a message to my box. ishmaelxy@yahoo.com
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by omosefe(f): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2006
hmm, dts d mimi i knw, always analysin things.
anyway, safe journey to kaduna.
mke sur u ve fun, despite d drills n stuffs.

wen u gt tru holla, ma email addy is seductive_omo@yahoo.com.

c ya soon
cheers!!!!!
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by omosefe(f): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2006
its seductive_omo@yahoo.com

or sillyomosis@yahoo.com

ishmael, hoping to c u soon.

18r.
Re: Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland by isaacayomi(m): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2006
hello fellow nairalanders, i want some clues on how enjoyable zamfara is during service year in respect of batch b corps members. my wife is posted there. any information supplied in thiswise shall be highly appreciated.thanks

(1) (Reply)

Is He The Oldest Corper Ever? / What To Do To Earn Extra Cash During NYSC / How Do I Defer Nysc Registration To Next Batch...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.