Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Straight Up With Nollywood Producer Joy Anyim - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Straight Up With Nollywood Producer Joy Anyim (1096 Views)

Joy Anyim Remanded In Prison For Theft Charges / Bovi Hangs Out With Nollywood Stars On Set (photo) / Nollywood Producer Joy Anyim Is Flawless In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Straight Up With Nollywood Producer Joy Anyim by GirlsClubNG: 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
Joy Anyim is an actress, producer and C.E.O Fundollars Entertainments. One of the fastest growing entertainment outfit operating from four continents.
In this exclusive interview, the University of Uyo graduate shared an insight into her world of movie making, Philanthropy and plans for the future.

Keep scrolling to find out what she revealed;

Can you tell us your background?

Joy Anyim is the last born and only daughter of Stephen Anyim’s family in Oduma village in Aniri L.G.A in Enugu State of Nigeria. I lost my father in 2006, he was the strictest disciplinarian I have ever met and I still miss him very much. My mum is an Evangelist and also a caterer, I have two brothers, Maduabuchi and Kingsley, they run their business and also family business. I am also doing my best over here as an entertainer.

How did you begin your Career?

I will say, my journey in this industry started as a teenager. I danced for different dance group and organizations. I enjoy dancing alot. Till now, dancing is still a part of me. As I was growing the love for the entertainment industry grew with me. The good thing was that I was surrounded by friends with like-minds, so I got all the support I needed, was later expose to stage act (drama). After sometime, I got a call from a friend telling me about a movie auditioning, I just told her off immediately but she told me I should just come around and watch. So I went but to my surprise I got a script without an audition. I was like, excuse me sir, I didn’t came for this, the sir was actually the director of the project who sighted me when I was about leaving and sent for me, just like that, I was handed a script for a movie “Women’s Right” my first movie experience was discouraging having to say one line over and over and I was like gosh I am tired, my director replied, Joy, you have not started yet. My day one was hell but as production continue, I got used to the system and I enjoyed every bit of it till date. I did another one immediately after that “What a World” came to me as a gift the movie was heart touching.

It didn’t end there, I am always being invited to act without any auditioning, God is really involve in my being in this industry because all I get has been favour all around.

How did you step into the shoes of a Producer?

Well, I didn’t just wake up and say I wanted to produce, as someone in business I asked questions before I made up my mind to start producing. After my fourth movie, I had this friend who has been in Nollywood for a long time, she shot this movie I was playing lead; being with her and seeing how she operates, I was interested to keep everything. She on the order-hand was ready to educate me. She invited me to their meeting and that was how it all started. Thanks to her, I brought the heavy shoe, at first the shoe was so heavy but God gave me able hands to work for me with love and care.

Your recent movie Release?

Our recent movie release is titled “Dangerous Pastors” session 1 to 4 Staring Mike Ezuruonye and other big acts

this year, we are embarking on another project starting March 2015. And before the year runs out with God on her side, we should release another one.

What were the challenges with your first movie Production?

I will not say the road has been easy and smooth, but I will say keep doing what you enjoy doing. I am very used to the system as a guidance counselor we meet various kinds of human beings everyday and there is this popular saying “what doesn’t break you makes you” so I don’t see challenges rather I see just a problem that need the right solution.

How would you rate Nigerian movies compared to other parts of the world?

Believe me, when it has to do with Nigerian movies, we are good at what we do, we have the best movie in Africa, not that our co-countries are not trying but they too can testify that we’ve got it all, then in the world, apart from Hollywood which was like our aim, everyone wants a movie to come out like Hollywood but Nigerians with our style of act and tenants, has graduated into Hollywood both in our movies and individuals. As years pass we may overtake Nollywood.

Do we have enough technical equipment to work with in Nollywood?

We have everything we need, every equipment we need, it is all about upgrading and we are not lacking behind in anyway, as new equipment are launched we buy. Nollywood has everything and even more than any other.

Aside movie productions, what else are you involved in?

I’m into farming, real-estate and constructions.

What are the challenges of being a female entrepreneur?

The truth remains that challenges comes and go in one’s life, we all know how difficult it is to have a female give commands, naturally some men don’t buy it but I don’t care much cause. I have to do what I have to do as a professional not a woman. I respect people unless I notice otherwise, if that happen we iron it out the best way, so I will say challenges becomes a problem if not handled very well, I consider them as an opening to a greater me.

A number of Nigerian producers are spreading their wings into the Hollywood scene. Do you have any plans to do something similar to that?

Sure, I was also moving toward that direction but I don’t see it as “a must be thing”. I enjoy Nollywood I am proud of who I am; I can even create a Hollywood of my own in Nollywood. Smiles

Any plans to Direct?

I am an actress and a producer. I really love acting because that is where I started. I am not considering directing, at least not now but I don’t know if I may tomorrow.

What is your Beauty Secret?

I live a life as in proverbs 31 woman, I’m proud of the woman I have become in it. What more can beauty be describe than a beautiful heart. it’s important to have a beautiful heart than a face.

read he concluding part here

http://www.sharonojong.com/entertainment-2/straight-up-with-nollywood-producer-joy-anyim/

(1) (Reply)

Cynthia Morgan Blasts Bloggers Who Said She Got Boob, Nose Jobs. / May D Confirms Breakup From Babymama, Says I’m Single & Ready Mingle / [PHOTOS] Singer Nicole Scherzinger Exposes Belly Marks While On Red Carpet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.