Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable (1287 Views)

Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? / 10 Jobs That Makes It Difficult For Men To Intimately Satisfy Their Wives / 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
1 Personal Growth
You’ll never find out what you’re truly capable of until you push yourself and try new things. Safe jobs can make people complacent, and complacency does not make for a lot of personal growth.

2 Unexpected Skill
Were you previously afraid of public speaking? Take a job in which you’re expected to regularly make presentations or participate in meetings. The more you do it, the more you’ll discover that you’re perfectly capable of doing it — maybe you’re even good at it. You’d never have discovered these hidden talents if you’d taken a comfortable job that didn’t require you to talk in front of other people.

3 It Makes You Willingly Take More Risk
After you’ve been pushed outside of your comfort zone, you become more adventurous. Things that used to seem like a big deal don’t seem quite so daunting now, and even if they do, you’ve already gained valuable insight into taking risks. Once you take risks and see how much they pay off, you’ll be much more likely to want more of that payoff in the future and to go for it.

4 It Makes You Tougher
You can stay at a safe job where you know you’ll never be challenged, or you can deliberately put yourself in an uncomfortable environment where you know you’ll be tested. Which one is going tohelp you grow a thicker skin? Probably the second option. The more you cope with adversity, the stronger you’ll be, making you both more accomplished at problem solving and less sensitive to minor setbacks.

5 You Feel More Accomplished
Accomplishing things you never thought possible makes you feel like a huge success. Even if you always thought you could push yourself to step outside your comfort zone if you really had to, there’s a big difference between hypothetically thinking something and really doing it.

6 Increases Confidence
Along with increased skills comes increased confidence. Instead of worrying about the things you can’t do or the things you’re afraid to do, you’ll become confidentin your ability to tackle new challenges andbe awesome at it.

7 You Will Always Do Your Best
Unlike in a comfortable job, where you can skate by doing minimal work and never really feel the pressure to try hard, an uncomfortable job will make you feel challenged to produce your best work. Although it can be stressful always feeling like you have to try harder, work faster anddo more, you’ll take more pride in your work.

8 You Will Never Fall Into A Rut
Comfortable jobs are the definition of a rut.Everything is the same, nothing is unexpected and you always know that not much will be asked of you. This is not a good situation to be in; in fact, it’s very likely to make you into an office zombie. Uncomfortable jobs are often difficult, but at least there’s something new every day.

9 It's Never Dull
A challenging, dynamic work environment is much more likely to spark your creativity than seven or eight hours of staring numblyat a computer screen.

10 You Expand Your Boundaries
After working at a job that initially made you uncomfortable, you might just find yourself considering options you’d never have considered before taking the job. Working at an uncomfortable job will give you the skills, confidence and experience to continue pursuing more and greater challenges — and succeeding at them.

keep calm and drink orijin cool
orijin101

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by whizbee(m): 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
Good one

.meanwhile
Working on my rap album
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by kinglekan: 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
Nice one OP.
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
whizbee:
Good one

.meanwhile
Working on my rap album
thanks ma'am, wish you success on ur upcoming album wink
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
kinglekan:
Nice one OP.
I appreciate bro wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
lala247, we gat issues to discuss..... join me on this thread wink
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
Orijin101:
lala247, we gat issues to discuss..... join me on this thread wink

Hey,

Wt issues?

Still thinking about the topic , because when u talk about u uncomfortable wt do u mean
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lala247:

Hey,

Wt issues?

Still thinking about the topic , because when u talk about u uncomfortable wt do u mean
I mean, the jobs you are not really interested in, As in you are forced to do it or you gat no other choice than to just go for it wink
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lala247:

Hey,

Wt issues?

so, how are you feeling now?
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
Orijin101:

so, how are you feeling now?

Much better thanks smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Orijin101:

I mean, the jobs you are not really interested in, As in you are forced to do it or you gat no other choice than to just go for it wink

Being a robber. Is a job for some .

Will u do that job?

Ur ans solves the question in ur topic smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lala247:

Being a robber. Is a job for some .

Will u do that job?

Ur ans solves the question in ur topic smiley
Don't get me wrong ma'am, armed robbery is not a job, when i mean jobs, you should know wah i mean wink
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lala247:

Much better thanks smiley
u wlc ma'am smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
Orijin101:

Don't get me wrong ma'am, armed robbery is not a job, when i mean jobs, you should know wah i mean wink

Hmmm ok

Over here lol nah job for some ppl

But certain jobs i wont do regardless .... Cleaner < i can't
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lala247:

Hmmm ok

Over here lol nah job for some ppl

But certain jobs i wont do regardless .... Cleaner < i can't
Hmmmm..... where are you based sef?
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
Orijin101:

Hmmmm..... where are you based sef?

Secret location lol
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lala247:

Secret location lol
And i will love to know the secret location wink
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Positivist: 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
Every challenge provides an opportunity to excel.
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
Positivist:
Every challenge provides an opportunity to excel.
true talk bro wink
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 4:05am On Mar 11, 2015
yeah, u're 70% correct!
Re: 10 Reasons To Take A Job That Makes You Uncomfortable by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 12, 2015
Lalasticlala...... Do the needful to this thread please

(1) (Reply)

Ican Or Masters... Urgently Need Your Opinion / 10 Items To Import And Make Above 500k / Former Finance Minister Becomes Uber Driver In Washington DC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.