Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD (79116 Views)

The Snake My Friend And I Killed On Our Way To Vigil (Photo) / My Friend Killed This Huge Snake This Evening (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
Hoodwing:

lolxxxx
cheesy I don invoke you. make we tumble this naira-land.
Re: What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD by Clone2020(m): 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
og2711:

This is classic ignorance. ALL hard drives are made in China, Bros. I guarantee that if you buy direct from there, you will not have any problem. In fact, this can only happen in Nigeria..

I don't comment on articles unless I have a clear knowledge of the topic. That HD is made in China from an unscrupulous manufacturer. This is common practice from sellers on alibaba and Aliexpress, the perpetrators know u have no means of recourse as it is very unlikely you will travel to China to haunt them down. No reasonable retailer in Computer village will pull this stunt because the moment the customer realizes the HD capacity isn't as advertised they will return it for a refund. Its a fact that at any given time 70% of the items in your house are made in China, that doesn't mean every Chinese product is made with high quality; this was an act by a shady chinese manufacturer. Learn to do a basic internet research before calling someone ignorant. Google: "Made in China hard drives" u will see complaints and videos similar to op's complaint. Don't be so quick to discredit Nigeria, there are quadruple more Chinese scammers than Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD by NaijaDoWell: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
goodmorning40:
Razor na 10naira naa, try screp these ur nails

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha
Re: What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD by tayoccu(m): 12:08am On Mar 28, 2015
Clone2020:

I don't comment on articles unless I have a clear knowledge of the topic. That HD is made in China from an unscrupulous manufacturer. This is common practice from sellers on alibaba and Aliexpress, the perpetrators know u have no means of recourse as it is very unlikely for you will travel to China to haunt them down. No reasonable retailer in Computer village will pull this stunt because the moment the customer realizes the HD capacity isn't as advertised they will return it for a refund. Its a fact that at any given time 70% of the items in your house are made in China, that doesn't mean every Chinese product is made with high quality; this was an act by a shady chinese manufacturer. Learn to do a basic internet research before calling someone ignorant. Google: "Made in China hard drives" u will see complaints and videos similar to op's complaint. Don't be so quick to discredit Nigeria, there are quadruple more Chinese scammers than Nigerians.

clone2020
Na true you talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbKwXJUwdb8

1 Like

Re: What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 28, 2015
Clone2020:

I don't comment on articles unless I have a clear knowledge of the topic. That HD is made in China from an unscrupulous manufacturer. This is common practice from sellers on alibaba and Aliexpress, the perpetrators know u have no means of recourse as it is very unlikely for you will travel to China to haunt them down. No reasonable retailer in Computer village will pull this stunt because the moment the customer realizes the HD capacity isn't as advertised they will return it for a refund. Its a fact that at any given time 70% of the items in your house are made in China, that doesn't mean every Chinese product is made with high quality; this was an act by a shady chinese manufacturer. Learn to do a basic internet research before calling someone ignorant. Google: "Made in China hard drives" u will see complaints and videos similar to op's complaint. Don't be so quick to discredit Nigeria, there are quadruple more Chinese scammers than Nigerians.

Aliexpress uses escrow for payment. Google will tell you that escrow means that the buyer does not receive the money until you confirm that you have received the item in good condition. Even Amazon doesn't do that. YOU need to do YOUR homework before commenting.

"there are quadruple more Chinese scammers than Nigerians"- Now THIS is ignorance. The Chinese economy didn't grow through scammers my guy..

Finally, you have NO knowledge on this issue.I can guarantee that this was made in Nigeria here. 2GB?! If you're ever in Shenzhen, go to Hua Jiang Bei, it's the equivalent of their Alaba and you will know no Chinese person did this. 16GB memory cards are sold by the bucket!!
Re: What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD by tayoccu(m): 7:58am On Mar 28, 2015
og2711:

Aliexpress uses escrow for payment. Google will tell you that escrow means that the buyer does not receive the money until you confirm that you have received the item in good condition. Even Amazon doesn't do that. YOU need to do YOUR homework before commenting.

"there are quadruple more Chinese scammers than Nigerians"- Now THIS is ignorance. The Chinese economy didn't grow through scammers my guy..

Finally, you have NO knowledge on this issue.I can guarantee that this was made in Nigeria here. 2GB?! If you're ever in Shenzhen, go to Hua Jiang Bei, it's the equivalent of their Alaba and you will know no Chinese person did this. 16GB memory cards are sold by the bucket!!

Bros that hard disk was made in China, I heard the original story ,it happened in Feb, the guy was looking for a bargain from the Chinese, wrong move. long story short they agreed to his price, and sent him the contraption in his possession.
take a look @ the video I posted you will see that the workmanship is similar, or was it also made in computer village and shipped abroad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 28, 2015
tayoccu:

Bros that hard disk was made in China, I heard the original story ,it happened in Feb, the guy was looking for a bargain from the Chinese, wrong move. long story short they agreed to his price, and sent him the contraption in his possession.
take a look @ the video I posted you will see that the workmanship is similar, or was it also made in computer village and shipped abroad?

That's not Chinese my friend, that's Malay or Thai.
Re: What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD by tayoccu(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
dude I never said the language in the video was Chinese.

you know what? forget it
it was made by computer village guys and shipped all over the world
Re: What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD by Clone2020(m): 5:31am On Mar 29, 2015
Don't be silly, a simple Google search will show u several people around the world complaining about these fake HDs made by unscrupulous manufacturers in China. Here's the classic scenario, you order 500 HDs on Alibaba from a seller without escrow. The seller pads up the HD encasements with metal bolts to make it weigh Like the real thing as u can see from the picture by OP. The manufacturer will give you a mixture of the good and the fake, most times the good ones are placed on top of the plie while the fake ones are at the bottom or well sandwiched, this is all an attempt to deceive a buyer who might check a few samples at the top of the pile especially for large orders. Even if the buyer has an inspection agent in China to check these HDs, they wouldn't go through every single one especially for larger orders, few will even attempt to open the casing. Lol, its funny you brought up Amazon, lol now I know u are an amateur in ecommerce, but its OK, I'm here to lecture u. I can tell you don't buy bulk or wholesales cuz you are talking about Aliexpress and amazon, neither of which are B2B sites for buying wholesale. And YES you have buyer's protection on Amazon even if you buy from a 3rd party seller. If you receive a malfunctioning item on amazon, you are entitled to a full refund and free return, this is a hitch free experience; Amazon has one of the best customer service in the world, period. Lol they don't need to have an escrow service, call them and they will give u the option to either sending u a replacement or a refund... Don't make a fool of yourself online, its not a crime if you don't know something, but its laughable when u insist u are right even when the facts are staring u in the face.

og2711:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This TV Will Cost #174M To Buy And #12M To Install In Your Living Room(Photos) / 'Weirdest Fish' Man Has Ever Caught Has Human-like Teeth & A Freaky Smile (Pics) / NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.