Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Is Nollywood An Igbo Industry? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Nollywood An Igbo Industry? (783 Views)

Why Is Nollywood Casting A Bad Image Of Igbo Culture And Tradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Nollywood An Igbo Industry? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Looking at nollywood. .Most of the movies they roll out are Igbo inclined. .you even have yoruba actors and actresses acting as ibo in movies. .A very good example is olu Jacobs who is renowned for his igwe/eze roles. .

What do you think? ?
Re: Is Nollywood An Igbo Industry? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
The Igbos only invented the name called nollywood. If we are to go in to retrospect the Yorubas first acted film then in the cinema, the likes of Hubert ogunde many years before anything like Igbo film. I even give respect to Yoruba and Hausa movie industries because they use to promote their culture with their languages unlike the Igbo's who's language is going to extinction.

1 Like

Re: Is Nollywood An Igbo Industry? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
kaybiel2u:
The Igbos only invented the name called nollywood. If we are to go in to retrospect the Yorubas first acted film then in the cinema, the likes of Hubert ogunde many years before anything like Igbo film. I even give respect to Yoruba and Hausa movie industries because they use to promote their culture with their languages unlike the Igbo's who's language is going to extinction.
quite an opinion. ..but I'm aware that there are so many igbo movies out there

(1) (Reply)

The Messengers Fan Club / Jeff Wins MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 8.0 The Next / Have You Seen The CEO Trailer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.