Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! (802 Views)

House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option / Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by favouryemmy: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2015
DSTV Enough Is Enough!! Fellow Nigerians, let's ALL boycott DSTV & GoTv services of MultiChoice Nig Ltd from April 1st 2015 for their planned & exploitative tariff increase which they want to FOIST on the over 2 million subscribers they have in Nigeria on April 1st 2015 (See front pg 9/3/15 Guardian newspaper). Enough is ENOUGH! Nigerians will no longer tolerate this! We will no longer tolerate the lack of Pay-as-you-Watch services they offer in South Africa & other countries but in Nigeria they keep our accounts run ning even when we travel & there is no-one at home to utilize the service even though they know these Countries have less subscribers/population than Nigeria. They must implement PAY-AS-U-WATCH in Nigeria on April 1st & lower tarifs, we insist on it, we are not April Fools! They must make that Pay-as-u-watch service EASY for Nigerians to access with no tricks or long queues to sign up for it. No more substandard decoders!! Their monopolostic exploitative tendencies must end in Nigeria! As the Arab Spring brought change of Govt in the Middle East, this "DSTV Spring" must bring change, better services & lower prices come April 1st 2015 if we all unite as one! PLEASE re-broadcast this to everyone on your WhatsApp, BBm & WeChat contact list, Tweet it, post it on your FB Status till our VOICE is heard & heeded to in their South African Head Office & this is done, Change Must Come! DSTV Enough is Enough!

I receieved this from a friend and decided to share it here.
Re: Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 10, 2015
Dude, why not just deactivate your account?

I'm a South African & the charges have gone up for us too. Lastly, if you do not want to be charged for the times you're away, tell them to disconnect their services & just pay the small reconnection fee when you return from your trip

It's not by force, you know.
Re: Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by xreal: 8:30am On Mar 10, 2015
PunkyBrewster:
Dude, why not just deactivate your account?

I'm a South African & the charges have gone up for us too. Lastly, if you do not want to be charged for the times you're away, tell them to disconnect their services & just pay the small reconnection fee when you return from your trip

It's not by force, you know.

Disconnect?
Does that work in Nigeria?
Re: Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by cozy7(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2015
I actually hv GOTV, but I hardly recharge it since I'm hardly at home. Had it been it was pay-as-you-watch, Woow, I would hv definitely bought DSTV. Plz I'd like anyone to tell me how many channels has been added to GOTV (and what kinda ststions). I'd really would wanna no d reason for d increase in tariff....
Re: Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by LadyX(f): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2015
The plan to increase charges is not in Nigeria only. They are doing that in Kenya too. I think it will affect every country or all DSTV users.
Re: Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2015
xreal:

Disconnect?
Does that work in Nigeria?

I don't know how it works in Nigeria but I guess you can enquire at their call centre. Most people keep it running though even when they're away & just pay without whinging.
Re: Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by 14(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2015
Dstv is a luxury not a neccesity. If you cannot afford, stay away from it. Dstv does not have pay as you watch or pay per view anywhere in Africa. Dstv increase their prices every year in April. And the increases are not only in Nigeria, The whole of Africa. The prices are the same through out Africa, depending on your currency. Stop complaining without any concrete evidence.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DStv
Re: Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by favouryemmy: 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2015

I don't know how it works in Nigeria but I guess you can enquire at their call centre. Most people keep it running though even when they're away & just pay without whinging.

Where did this Nobody show up from? Your account is not even highlighted and someone guessed its because you deactivated your account. Seun, why is Nobodys account not accessible? Or is he a ghost user?
Re: Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by Bawss1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
All these calls of boycotting DSTV are pointless. Anyone who can't afford it should not bother themselves, it is not an essential service. There are many things that deserve public mass action, satellite TV isn't one of them.
Re: Multichoice, Enough Is Enough! by Yoodot(m): 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
Who cares if dstv increase their tariff when I do watch live matches free and legally.... Want it to? Contact me on 07039582380 grin

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On Arise Tv / Want To Get A Cable Tv. Advice Please / Who Would You Say Is Your Best Hollywood Actor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.