Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe (1269 Views)

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
All characters in this work of art are fictional.

All right reserved and copyright to Bcbabe.All characters in this work of art are fictional.

All right reserved and copyright to Bcbabe.
All characters in this work of art are fictional.

All right reserved and copyright to Bcbabe.
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Act One, Scene One

(The Tony's were at the dining table having their breakfast on the early morning of monday)

Betty: Mum, I will love to have a laptop of my own. All my friends already have theirs, mum am the only one left out. Please mummy get one for me....

Mrs. Tony: Dear you know I will do anything for you. Put your mind at rest, you will surely get one soon...

(Mr. Tony gently cutting in)
Mr. Tony: Woman stop spoilling her by alway giving her all she request for. You need to learn to withhold some of her demands sometime. By the way wouldn't possession of laptop makes her lose focus on her studies.
If she fail her coming final year examination, you alone will bear the consequ.........

(Cutting him short)
Mrs. Tony: She's our only child, my precious stone, our sunshine. Why can you just make her feel happy a little by giving her all she want from us.
You know she don't has any other parent aside us dear?

(Sighing)
Mr Tony: I warn you woman, if you get her this laptop, she would never focus on her studies.
Moreover, the stories that I am hearing about teenagers this days makes of shiver, just recently I even read on Nairaland about a certain young lady that went a guy's house and was raped to death. Both met on facebook and the guy invited her to his place. I don't wish my precious daughter to be a victim.

Betty: Dad! I will not be a victim of that kind of circumstance in Jesus name

Amen o! (shout Mrs. Tony)
Mrs. Tony: Betty my treasure, I will get you the laptop when am coming back from work tomorrow, ok!

(Rushes to her mother to hug her)
Betty: Thank mum, I love you, you are best mother anyone could wish for!

Mrs. Tony: I love you too dear!

(Sighing and then hiss. Mr. Tony stands up and as he goes out, was heard saying)

Mr. Tony: I warn you, never say I didn't warn when the consequence falls heavily on your head.
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Skykid1208(m): 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ride on sis, following u bumper to bumper
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Scene two

(At school behind SSS 2b classroom, Betty and two of her friends are discussing)

Sandra: You what?! How can you do such a thing or are you saying you don't know the possible consequenoce of your action.

Betty: Sandra! The guy hot o! Make I no lie, I will definitely fall for him, if I were to be in Tina's shoe.

(clapping her hands)

Sandra: Betty I can believe that you can be this low, how can you say such a thing....

(Betty cut in)

Betty: How I am acting Mother Superior?

Tina: No mind am jare! She alway act as if she more holy than Pope!
As for the guy I will suck him dry, you just wait and see ( she bragged)

Betty: I have good news to share with your gurls.(smiling broadly)

Tina: Mama goodnews! (mocking her) let hear your news.

Sandra: Hope it is not about a guy or any silly internet stuff, cause I am tire of listen to such rubbish.....

(Cutting in angrily)
Betty: Mother Superior, we are tire your sermon too!

(laughing loudly)
Tina: Betty tell your story, leave that yeyenatu alone!

Betty: Could you believe that my mum promised to buy me a brand new laptop today!

Wow! Lucky you! (both Tina and Sandra exclaim)

Tina: Atleast we can now do live chat on the internet and I could even link you up with some cool guy, if you want.

Sandra: Better still, we could do our assignment on it, instead of going to a cybercafe like we used to.

Tina and Betty ( Hiss and then laughing in a mocking way)

Betty: You this girl and this you yeye talk, we are talking of something more interesting, and you are here spitting rubbish!

Tina: You dey mind that silly thing....( She said laughing)

Sandra: I don't blame the two of you, but don't say I didn't warn you ( She walks out on them )

(Pointing at Sandra as she walks way) Tina: Image that stupid thing, lecturing us about how to live our life, Betty can't you see how she acting like the holy of holy......

(just then, the end of break bell is ring and all the students go into their classrooms)

light fade.
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2015
(Later that day at Betty home, Betty is in their livingroom watching tv, when Mrs. Tony arrivel from work)

Betty: Welcome mum, how was work?

Mrs. Tony: Work was good, how is your health and school dear?

Betty: Fine and I am healthy as you can see (She said politely)

Mrs. Tony: I bought you the laptop as promised yesterday, it in the car...

Betty: Thank you mum, you are the best. (She exclaims with joyfully and runs to the car, only to realize she didn't collect the car key)

Betty: Mum the car is locked up.

Mrs. Tony: Sorry dear, here have the key.

(Betty immediately rushes out and comes back jumping excitedly with the laptop)

Mrs. Tony: Hope you like it dear?

Betty: Yes I do, for sure I love it, thank again mum.

Mrs. Tony: That's alright dear, by the way, I will be out late tonight. We are having a company's party tonight. And your dad called to say he is going on business trip and be back next week. So dear hope you can be on your own, still I return?

Betty: Yes mum, don't worry about me, everything will be fine.

Mrs. Tony: Okay! Care of yourself and make sure you lock up and don't allow strangers in while I am away. Okay bye, see you later. (She exit, leaving Betty alone at home, and Betty waste no time to invite her friend Tina, she didn't calls Sandra)

Scene Three

Tina: Starbabe! You are ontop now oh! You don blow us below.

Betty: Omo Tina! Let's see to the laptop. As you know, I no sabi am well.

Tina: Village mama! Don't worry. Can I help you set it up?

Betty: Tina mind yourself, don't call village mama again oh! Do I look like thing that come out of bush like you?

Tina: Village mama! (Turning on the laptop and working on it to set it up)
Do you want me to set up your facebook and 2go account as well.

Betty: Of course, what else, do you expect me to do on it, without those two?

Tina: Oh! (She suddenly exclaim) You can't believe this....

Betty: Believe what? (cutting in) gist me now omo Tina!

Tina: That guy I told you about, wants to be your friend on facebook, when I told him about you, would like to.....

Betty: Wow! (visible excite) do you real mean it?

Tina: Yes na! Once your account is ready, I will share him with you okay?

Betty: Thank you, you are wonderful friend.
(They hug each other)
Light fade
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 11:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Act 2 scene 1 (One month later, Betty is chatting with Daniel, Tina's friend on facebook)

Daniel: Do you know that you are the most beautiful creature ever created by God?

Betty: Humm! Is that so?

Daniel; Yes of course, and I real love you because you are also very smart!

Betty: You aren't serious, you know!

Daniel: Beauty am not joking!

Betty: You love me! but are you and Tina an ite, how can love two girl at the same time?

Daniel: Forget about Tina, we are just friend, you are the one I real love.

Betty: You real mean it? I don't believe you Daniel!

Daniel: Please, Beauty just give me chance to prove to you my true intention and show you how dear you are to me.

Betty: Are real serious?

Daniel: Yes i am! just don't tell Tina now; she could become jealous and do something to harm you.

Betty: I wiil not let her know about it.

Daniel: Is that a promise?

Betty: Yes it is!

(Flash: Daniel at his place is laughing at her with his friends)

Betty: You said you love me, can you prove itto me Daniel?

Daniel: Of course I can and I will, if you are willing to let....

(cutting in )
Betty:Ok! prove youself.....

Daniel: Can we meets soon beauty?

Betty: I am not so sure, but do you mind, next week friday?

Daniel: Oh! That's fine with me, you can come with your friends too. Till then, bye beautiful angle and have a sweet dream!

Betty: Ok! Bye!

(Both go offline and light fade)
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
Act 2 Scene 2

(Few days later. Daniel and his friends at a place in ikorodu, discussing with chief Olowooku)

Chief: Are you sure the girls will come?

Daniel: Baba! I am more than sure that they will come, If you see the way the silly girls are responding to my charming them on facebook, you will have no doubt in your mind! (He boast and his friends hail him)

Friends: DanDeath!!!

Chief: ok! You know that I don't like be dissappoint in matter like this, baba don't like lies!

Daniel: I know that and am sure they will show up as agreed.

friend1: Baba I dey there and those girls assured us, they will come on friday

friend 2: Those girls are mumu, stupid fools, when they chat with us they shown lack of experience. They don't know that they are chatting with their ghosts.... (They all burst into ribs cracking laugh and light fade)
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
Act 2 Scene 3

(the D-Day on which Betty and her friend Tina agreed to meet with daniel and his friend. at 3:30pm in the atfernoon of the day, Daniel call Betty)

Daniel; Will you girls be able to get here before 4:30pm, hope the traffic is not so heavy today?

Betty: Yea! we are just a few minutes away,; see you soon, bye! (She goes offline)

Tina: wetin he say again Betty?

Betty: No mind am jare!

Tina: Him wahala too much!

Betty: Na so o!
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
Keep 'em coming

Nice one!!

But irregular updates is killin the vibe undecided

I wl b rytn mine soon,u r invited grin

Let's help each other 2 d top

1 Like

Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Awoofawo(m): 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
kitnah:
Keep 'em coming

Nice one!!

But irregular updates is killin the vibe undecided

I wl b rytn mine soon,u r invited grin

Let's help each other 2 d top

The young lady is a student of SSS 2 Art Class at Jagunmolu Girls Bariga! I actually invited her to Nairaland to gain exposure... Please bear with her for hitch here and there. Combining schooling with thing like this is new to her. Thus this one of her numerous short novels lying around. Hope the gurus here could guide and mentor her.Thank
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 21, 2015
Awoofawo:

The young lady is a student of SSS 2 Art Class at Jagunmolu Girls Bariga! I actually invited her to Nairaland to gain exposure... Please bear with her for hitch here and there. Combining schooling with thing like this is new to her. Thus this one of her numerous short novels lying around. Hope the gurus here could guide and mentor her.Thank
Owkay!! that is lovely

But here on nl,most great writer dont help upcoming one,they wont even read ur story

one of the reason,i'm scared of writing mine
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2015
Act 3 Scene 4

(At the address Daniel given to them, they meet a guy outside and asked for Daniel)

Tina: Good day bros!

Guy: Hello, how can I help you ladies?

Tina: We are looking someone, his name is Daniel, Could please direct us to his apartment? My pleasure, follow me please.

( The guy lead them to Daniel's room, who is already waiting for them with two of his friends)

Daniel: Wow! you gurl look more beautiful in flesh and blood than you do on facebook. Hello Betty, Hi Tina and howyou doing. Hope the journey is not so stressful?

Betty: No at all, we fine and good!

Tina: We are here now Daniel, so what up, aren't going to offer us something

Betty (Blurshing in embarrasment at Tina's care-free statement)

Daniel: Oh am sorry please have your seat and what can get you ladies, just name anything you want and you shall have it (He boast)

Tina: anything refreshing and drinkable is fine with us.

Betty: juice will be alright with me!

(Daniel goes to his kitchen and bring two cans of juice drink for girl. On unkknown to the girls that juice had been laced with drug, they drink it)

Daniel: Here you go, relax and enjoy yourself!

Tina: Thank

Daniel: You are welcome and it is a pleasure to have you here.

(After few minutes, the girl begin to feel dizzy and dozed-off, and immidiately this happened daniel and his friends defile them and then call Chief to come around)

Daneil: Hello Chief, the goods are ready, the job is done. You can come to package and move them.

Chief: Ok! Am on my way now, are you sure everythung is fine and calm around you?

Daniel: Baba i dey ontop the situation here. nothing go happen (he boast)
Ok! we will be expecting you. (He hang off)

Friend1: What is Baba saying?

Daniel: He is on his way here.

Friend 2: That good, hope he is with the money?

Daniel: You guys should calm down, Chief can do thing like that, He is my main man!

Fiend .: he dare not play funny with us!
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 11:31am On Mar 22, 2015
Act 3 scene 5

(At Betty home)

Sandra: Good afternoon ma!

Mrs. Tony: Good Afternoom, my dear are you girls doing?

Sandra: I need to see Betty about the assignment we are given to on friday ma.

Mrs. Tony: ( slightly shock to relized that is not with Sandra) huum! You mean to say haven't Betty today, how can that be since she told me about two hours a go that she coming to your place.......

Sandra: Oh no ma! She didn't!!!

Mrs. Tony (Suddenly stand up from what she doing and she and Sandra go to Betty's room to see whether she is around locked up in her room. On getting in they find Betty's laptop no bed side table left on and blinking)

Mrs. Tony ( greatly shock now as result of what she found in Betty's facebook chat history with} impossible!!! This can be happening. This silly girl but she asid she coming to your place, Sandra? (She ask no one in particular)

Sandra: Ma! We need to report this the authority, chance they may be in danger, if we don't act fast ma!

(Mrs. Tony and Sandra rush out of the building in harst)
Re: The Laptop: A Short Story By Bcbabe by Bcbabe(f): 11:37am On Mar 22, 2015
Act 3 Scene 6

(daneil Home, the time is 6:30pm, Chief olowooku is just arrivelling to meet Daniel and his friends)

(1) (Reply)

Pen And Paper / Who Is She / Spaghetti Comes From Italy?cinderella Wore Glass Slipper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.