Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

An Open Letter To The Joint Admission And Martriculation Board.[jamb] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To The Joint Admission And Martriculation Board.[jamb] (1064 Views)

2017 Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board, JAMB Form: Guidelines, Registrati / Joint Admission And Matriculation Board / As Promised By The Joint Admission And Matriculation Board (JAMB), The Portal Fo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To The Joint Admission And Martriculation Board.[jamb] by sengozie(m): 10:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE JOINT ADMISSION AND MARTRICULATION BOARD [JAMB]
The joint admission and matriculation board is responsible for conducting of the unified tertiary matriculation examination in Nigeria. The body plays an important role in ensuring that the Nigerian students who are applying for Universities, polytechnics and colleges of education all get their desired admissions. The body has many lapses some of which I would like to tackle. The first point I would like to tackle is the failure of JAMB to have a defined marking scheme. This has led favoring of students who registered for the Computer based test [CBT] IN 2013, Also the 2014 exams was marred with irregularities as the candidates for wrote the paper and pencil test were marked down to favor those writing the computer based test [CBT]. The inability of an organization like JAMB not even replicate the actions of international examination bodies like SAT, TOFEL etc is very unfortunate . students who participate in jamb utme cannot lucidly answer if JAMB uses negative marking or not. The failure of jamb to inform its candidates on the modus operandi of the examination is really an eye sore on the nation’s integrity as the giant of African. Secondly, not being able to finally crush examination mal-practice is alarming. The inability of JAMB to get their house to order, by conducting an examination devoid of malpractice is still a puzzle to observers of the examination process. YES we know that JAMB introducing the CBT has reduced malpractice by eighty-five percent [85%] . The other fifteen percent baffles observers; this is because JAMB examination answers and question are still leaked on line. Some observers last year paid some of this online crooks and to their surprise the answers and question corresponded with that of the original JAMB . Therefore leading to some very pertinent questions like, How did the questions correspond with that of JAMB? Are some JAMB officials selling out questions to some lazy student? How is it even possible that the Questions that the questions were leaked? This are very important questions that desire answers Thirdly, the two thousand and fifteen Jamb reprinting of slips was marred with irregularities . FIRST on the point of irregularities was the postponement of the re-printing of slips date which was slated for the twenty first of February to the second of March without any just explanation. Even after the fixed date, the Jamb public relations officer Mr. Fabian Benjamin signed a statement on behalf of the board and issued it to the NEWS agency of Nigeria [NAN] in Lagos, stating the exams for this year will commence on the 4TH OF March 2015, But reports that emitted from Jambites showed that the exams would actually commence on the 9TH OF MARCH, 2015. It was due to this false information released by Jamb about the date that resulted to a lot of students rushing to JAMB registration centers to get their reprint. And even to make things worse jamb had restricted the access of the students to get this valuable information only to their offices and centers, forgetting about the important role that the cyber-cafes play in the society. The inability of jamb to allow well-meaning Nigerians to get this information negates the allowances that the recently passed freedom of information bill which was just signed into law. THE WAY FORWARD; after extensive research and exclusive interviews with jambites at LIFE CHANGER EXTAR MURALS LESSON one of the biggest lesson centers in Jos the plateau state capital, I was able to finally draft some of the prerequisites that will enable JAMB to be more effective and efficient which are as follows; the first but not the least is that JAMB should come out and spell it out to its candidates on how the whole exam is run , the way of marking the exams and if it’s true that three question in JAMB does not have an answer and should be left blank and also other important questions like the issue of negative marking and also how the exam is marked. Secondly there should be an active partnership between the INDEPENDENT CORRUPT PRATICES AND OTHER RELATED CRIMES COMMISSION [I.C.P.C] and the Joint Admission And Matriculation Board in order to fish out this elements that go online to post this question. Thirdly, the body should for the love of grace stop passing false information and also do something about the delays in the CBT practice this year. Some Students of life Changer Extra Murals in Jos whose interviews with our correspondent made this possible are also of the opinion that JAMB should be scraped. Hit the like button if you agree.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To The Joint Admission And Martriculation Board.[jamb] by Elxandre(m): 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
You make alot of sense, but can you please format this list properly.

I also want to add that JAMB needs to call it's supervisors to order regarding allocation of time to candidates.

Imagine some cruel Supervisors shutting off the computers with 45 mins to go.

What sort of barbaric wickedness is this?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Joint Admission And Martriculation Board.[jamb] by ssANIKUDIss(m): 2:15am On Mar 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Joint Admission And Martriculation Board.[jamb] by sengozie(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
ssANIKUDIss:
Today's experience was too bad for my friend, he was
supposed to write by 6am but unfortunately the centre was
not prepared(they lacked adequate systems and had
network problems) , so he was delayed, they started by
4pm. They were only given 1hr 30mins for the four subjects
(because the invigilators wanted all the 6am students to
finish but it was not possible because of inadequate
computers so they were divided into groups) , they were
forced to leave the hall without even submitting, the
invigilators said they will help them submit. Hmm, God is in
control, that what he said after the exams. The remaining
students were later transferred to another centre by 8pm.
Please why would jamb accredit a centre that is not
equipped with necessary facilities. I feel sorry for him, I
wouldn't like this to happen to anyone even if it were my
enemies.

It is quite unfortunate that it happened to him but he was not uuuuuu only one affected.
The problem with this is that jamb is not remorse for the mistakes recorded.
I have to confess that jamb should be scrapped

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Funny Exam Questions In Nigeria Universities / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri, Imo State Website Hacked (pics) / Exam Verified Expo (waec, Neco, Jce, Post Utme E.t.c)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.