Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Dstv Enough Is Enough - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dstv Enough Is Enough (1403 Views)

DSTV Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Enough Is Enough by mrbillz(m): 11:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
DSTV Enough Is Enough!! Fellow Nigerians, let's ALL boycott DSTV & GoTv services of MultiChoice Nig Ltd from April 1st 2015 for their planned & exploitative tariff increase which they want to FOIST on the over 2 million subscribers they have in Nigeria on April 1st 2015 (See front pg 9/3/15 Guardian newspaper). Enough is ENOUGH! Nigerians will no longer tolerate this! We will no longer tolerate the lack of Pay-as-you-Watch services they offer in South Africa & other countries but in Nigeria they keep our accounts run ning even when we travel & there is no-one at home to utilize the service even though they know these Countries have less subscribers/population than Nigeria. They must implement PAY-AS-U-WATCH in Nigeria on April 1st & lower tarifs, we insist on it, we are not April Fools! They must make that Pay-as-u-watch service EASY for Nigerians to access with no tricks or long queues to sign up for it. No more substandard decoders!! Their monopolostic exploitative tendencies must end in Nigeria! As the Arab Spring brought change of Govt in the Middle East, this "DSTV Spring" must bring change, better services & lower prices come April 1st 2015 if we all unite as one! PLEASE re-broadcast this to everyone on your WhatsApp, BBm & WeChat contact list, Tweet it, post it on your FB Status till our VOICE is heard & heeded to in their South African Head Office & this is done, Change Must Come! DSTV Enough is Enough!

2 Likes

Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by supernigga(m): 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by aigbeedo(m): 11:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
YEAH RIGHT but i bet yah dis your revolutional movement nor go pass NAIRALAND..... I SWEAR

2 Likes

Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by ijobaooorun(m): 12:05am On Mar 11, 2015
sad
Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by pwerrymansion(f): 12:18am On Mar 11, 2015
With their now boring channels aside the football and the cartoon that keep the guys and kids entertained. I for one rarely sit down to watch tv. If na only me dey their market, they for don begin sell agege bread! Their level of exploitation is worrisome. Kai!
Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by joseph1832(m): 12:39am On Mar 11, 2015
pwerrymansion:
With their now boring channels aside the football and the cartoon that keep the guys and kids entertained. I for one rarely sit down to watch tv. If na only me dey their market, they for don begin sell agege bread! Their level of exploitation is worrisome. Kai!
Is it their fault! You blame the useless people who allow them to exploit us. The same thing goes with these network providers, MTN, Airtel and the likes... See how they exploit us like no mans business.
Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by pwerrymansion(f): 7:18am On Mar 11, 2015
joseph1832:
Is it their fault! You blame the useless people who allow them to exploit us. The same thing goes with these network providers, MTN, Airtel and the likes... See how they exploit us like no mans business.
abeg Joseph let's not go into those service provider ish. Especially MTN, those pple are corporate-legal-thieves! And of course our leaders are to be blamed. Do you know the kind of deal or compromise they must have struck with these firms? As long as their wallets are fat, the masses can go to hades. sad
Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by joseph1832(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2015
pwerrymansion:
abeg Joseph let's not go into those service provider ish. Especially MTN, those pple are corporate-legal-thieves! And of course our leaders are to be blamed. Do you know the kind of deal or compromise they must have struck with these firms? As long as their wallets are fat, the masses can go to hades. sad
I heard that DSTV give all senators and house of reps members free unlimited viewing and these service providers recharge their phones on a daily basis.

I believe its high time we speak out against this tyrannical people who want to ruin us with their imperialistic tendencies.
Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by owen706: 8:37am On Mar 11, 2015
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

Please lets all join the campaign to stop the exploitation of Nigerians via DSTV monthly subscription bouquet and price increase.

I support the no more subscription renewal and also they should implement pay per view as it's been done in South Africa and other African countries.

Nigerian businessmen please stand up and invest in satellite broadcast so that there would be competition for DSTV so that we all would have an alternative.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 11, 2015
joseph1832:
I heard that DSTV give all senators and house of reps members free unlimited viewing and these service providers recharge their phones on a daily basis.

I believe its high time we speak out against this tyrannical people who want to ruin us with their imperialistic tendencies.

poor man go and make money and stop lamenting; poor people always criticising the government
Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by pwerrymansion(f): 11:42am On Mar 11, 2015
joseph1832:

there you go!!! Now tell me how they'll be concerned or affected by that which is eating/draining the pocket of an average Nigerian! I concur with u strongly that we should device a means to put a quell to these onerous situation caused by these firms.
Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by joseph1832(m): 11:52am On Mar 11, 2015
pwerrymansion:
there you go!!! Now tell me how they'll be concerned or affected by that which is eating/draining the pocket of an average Nigerian! I concur with u strongly that we should device a means to put a quell to these onerous situation caused by these firms.
The truth is those who benefit from this will never let any attempt that will take away their benefit see the light of day.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by CQ2013(m): 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
DStv. Enough of the de- marketing.It has now become obvious that the drive to boycott DStv is powered by competing pay TV operators and fuelled by ignorance. Have you tried to regulate the rising air fares? How about the cost of toothpaste or the rising cost of bread ? How do you sponsor a drive to pay less than cost price for a premium product? Do you buy a product at premium cost and redistribute at no cost?

You talk about monopoly. How can DSTV be a monopoly when we have Starsat ( who just won the rights for the Bundesliga from DSTV) Consat, ACTV and others. Where is the monopoly? Is this not the same way we killed HItv? Asking them to sell us premium content at too low a price. Where are they now? You are trying to pull down a company that you should be praising for changing the face of entertainment in Nigeria. There is nowhere in the world where Pay as you Watch exists on pay DStv. Enough of the de- marketing.It has now become obvious that the drive to boycott DStv is powered by competing pay TV operators and fuelled by ignorance.

Have you tried to regulate the rising air fares? How about the cost of toothpaste or the rising cost of bread ? How do you sponsor a drive to pay less than cost price for a premium product? Do you buy a product at premium cost and redistribute at no cost? You talk about monopoly. How can DSTV be a monopoly when we have Starsat ( who just won the rights for the Bundesliga from DSTV) Consat, ACTV and others. Where is the monopoly? Is this not the same way we killed HItv? Asking them to sell us premium content at too low a price. Where are they now?

You are trying to pull down a company that you should be praising for changing the face of entertainment in Nigeria. There is nowhere in the world where Pay as you Watch exists on pay tv. Check google. What exists is pay per view which is a situation where you pay in addition to your regular subscription, and that cost is often triple your original cost. Imagine paying as much as $100 to watch the recent Man Utd vs Arsenal match alone?! Is it not infact a lie from detractors that DStv has substandard decoders? Have you seen the competition’s decoders? Perhaps you need to so that you know that for the lie it is. if you must know, DStv in Nigeria is one of the lower priced packages across all MultiChoice operations. Bthanks to Google. Go and check your facts rather than spouting what ill minded propagandists are touting! Is it also not true that all MultiChoice operations across south Africa have increased prices including south Africa It’s a free market in Nigeria. The regulators give licenses to all who qualify. Consat, Montage, Startimes, they all have licences to operate, so they should operate! Rather than seeking to bring down DStv, who has paid its dues and kept Nigeria entertained for over 20yrs, people should seek more information on the pay TV business. Just as with Hitv, it is not DStv’s fault that the other operators do not live up to expectation. Why has the cost of everything else gone up but DSTV must remain the same? Is it a social service? You cannot put the blame of poor governance and poorer business decisions on DStv. People need to take responsibility for their actions!. Check Google. What exists is pay per view which is a situation where you pay in addition to your regular subscription, and that cost is often triple your original cost. Imagine paying as much as $100 to watch the recent Man Utd vs Arsenal match alone?! Is it not infact a lie from detractors that DStv has substandard decoders? Have you seen the competition’s decoders? Perhaps you need to so that you know that for the lie it is. if you must know, DStv in Nigeria is one of the lower priced packages across all MultiChoice operations. thanks to Google. Go and check your facts rather than spouting what ill minded propagandists are touting!

Is it also not true that all MultiChoice operations across south Africa have increased prices including south Africa It’s a free market in Nigeria. The regulators give licenses to all who qualify. Consat, Montage, Startimes, they all have licences to operate, so they should operate! Rather than seeking to bring down DStv, who has paid its dues and kept Nigeria entertained for over 20yrs, people should seek more information on the pay TV business. Just as with Hitv, it is not DStv’s fault that the other operators do not live up to expectation. Why has the cost of everything else gone up but DSTV must remain the same? Is it a social service? You cannot put the blame of poor governance and poorer business decisions on DStv. People need to take responsibility for their actions!
Re: Dstv Enough Is Enough by Trunaijian: 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
mrbillz:
DSTV Enough Is Enough!! Fellow Nigerians, let's ALL boycott DSTV & GoTv services of MultiChoice Nig Ltd from April 1st 2015 for their planned & exploitative tariff increase which they want to FOIST on the over 2 million subscribers they have in Nigeria on April 1st 2015 (See front pg 9/3/15 Guardian newspaper). Enough is ENOUGH! Nigerians will no longer tolerate this! We will no longer tolerate the lack of Pay-as-you-Watch services they offer in South Africa & other countries but in Nigeria they keep our accounts run ning even when we travel & there is no-one at home to utilize the service even though they know these Countries have less subscribers/population than Nigeria. They must implement PAY-AS-U-WATCH in Nigeria on April 1st & lower tarifs, we insist on it, we are not April Fools! They must make that Pay-as-u-watch service EASY for Nigerians to access with no tricks or long queues to sign up for it. No more substandard decoders!! Their monopolostic exploitative tendencies must end in Nigeria! As the Arab Spring brought change of Govt in the Middle East, this "DSTV Spring" must bring change, better services & lower prices come April 1st 2015 if we all unite as one! PLEASE re-broadcast this to everyone on your WhatsApp, BBm & WeChat contact list, Tweet it, post it on your FB Status till our VOICE is heard & heeded to in their South African Head Office & this is done, Change Must Come! DSTV Enough is Enough!
my brother i wish people will heed this, but the reality is they wount. It's a monopoly! There isn't much choice outside dstv. So unfortunate. They must have done their home work before implementing the price increase. Did you hear anything on this from the mandated authorities that are supposed to oversee that sector?! No! Their mouths have been shut with ............! Too bad those that have the power to protect us don't care about the average man on the street. They no fit even shout! Kai! Nigerians are the ones sending this country to the loo. Too fucking bad!

(1) (Reply)

Quality Article Writer Needed For Blog In Health Niche / Try This If You Really Want To Slim Down / Genuine Paypal Funds For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.