Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? (26296 Views)

Be informed ,Enjoy extra Juicy Income with Zero Cost Grab This Offer Asap / Do I Accept This Offer? / Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
I just want to know what you think of this..i went for an interview and I met this lady, I must say she is very nasty and the people that I met in interview room told me that she has an attitude problem. I called them bluffs. Now when it got to my turn to be interviewed, I realized that the lady is just daft. The job was to be market personnel in another city and that place isn’t where I am based. To get on my nerves the firm is run by Indians or these Asians and I must be honest I detest working with them. I have had a lot of nasty tales about them.
To cut the long story short, the lady told me that I will get to another level of interview, after that If I am employed that they will give me a target of 150 million to sell some damned electronic in one nasty northern zone and Abuja. That they expect me to hit the ground running. I just looked at her, I laughed. I asked her what about my accommodation, she said that I am expected to cater for my accommodation in the new place and new town and if I don’t meet up the target the first month that I will be fired. At that point I got so bitter with her nasty attitude, I told her point blank that the electronic product isn’t a premium product and for me to market that product I need to study the market and competitors. As an igbo man that understand business and street marketing. I need to taste the waters. ..

To cut the long story short…I told her that I am not interested in her(their) offer. She was dazed and surprised. Maybe she have been used to people been desperate for jobs and enslaved, as for me hell no!!! I went back to my office. Now the question I want to ask is that have you ever rejected an offer that is ridiculous and enslavement job in from of the interview person?
Let’s talk about it so that those looking for job should understand what dignity and ego means, but this should be only when you have a job at hand.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by VickJames(m): 4:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
I always ignore marketing job texts. No time to hear ridiculous target in sambisa forest!

Some of these indians can make you market their products in sambisa forest for 50k and 1room apartment in Chibok

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by heatmeup(f): 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
chisos this is really bad i tell you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nutase: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
cry
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nastydroid(m): 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
undecided
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by dulux07(m): 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
I dont blame the foreigners, but i blame d govt even more, if d country is well managed this foreigners would not come n take advantage of nigerians.

21 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
tonychristopher:
I went back to my office.

Well, good that you have an office to go back to. Some folks don't and are eager to leave home. But your case is different. Anyway, thanks for sharing, at least someone might learn one or two from your post.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
milloguy:

Well, good that you have an office to go back to. Some folks don't and are eager to leave home. But your case is different. Anyway, thanks for sharing, at least someone might learn one or two from your post.

Your welcome
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by emmysoftyou: 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
150million as target in a mnth?
Eventho is 150,ooo in a mnth?
i wil take it,collect my salary and expect my sack letter.
then i wil use their salary they paid me to start job hunting again..
that s the secrets of a street soldier..
i wil keep telling them and given them excuse

47 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Badgers14: 12:34am On Mar 12, 2015
emmysoftyou:

Sir, over fit dey worry you. Take one beer for my head grin

But to chip in a little bit, your idea will be best for folks still searching not if you already have something at hand. Your comment got me rolling on the floor grin

20 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 12, 2015
emmysoftyou:
its obvious u lack experience. Will dey pay u if u did not meet up d target for the month? NEVER!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by nerodenero: 6:39am On Mar 12, 2015
Many are jobless and the few that have jobs receive peanuts.These peanuts, at times, are not even paid as at when due.When you finally get paid after like 3-6months or even more, debts would consume all.The cycle continues again while you are still searching for that megal job.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 6:43am On Mar 12, 2015
emmysoftyou:

Badoski baba

Bad boy in the block

3 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by ignis: 6:59am On Mar 12, 2015
Enslavement galore. ...

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by francizy(m): 7:15am On Mar 12, 2015
Marketing jobs are just worthless.

They've turned that profession into a joke..

Some marketing coys now work with banks. They employ marketers for banks that would have paid about 150-200K as basic salary to an entry level graduate. These coys may then collect say 100k pa head of marketer and then pay these marketers like 30k, with ridiculous targets, stress, etc.

I rather be unemployed than die before my time. angry

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 12, 2015
Op. I understand your frustration but you sound like someone who thinks less of others and a tribal bigot.

In one nasty north? Somewhere you have never been or stayed before. No where is God damned or nasty and you would do well to enlighten yourself about that. Thousands if not millions of your brethren stay and enjoy their lives in those locations you are castigating.

19 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by ednut1(m): 8:08am On Mar 12, 2015
sent my cv to an investment banking firm sometime ago. dey sent an invite afta 2 weeks. accounts executive. come see as i dey thank my friend for tellin me bout dem. got to thier office nd saw all d nice gadgets, computerised stuff every where. was already dreaming of d job. oya na. interview started account executive really meant marketing. see target 30m tbills nd bonds montly commission basis. kai i pack my cv waka comot. the beta roles dey wud recruit in house. marketing oda pples pikin

7 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by francizy(m): 8:16am On Mar 12, 2015
OP, have you ever wondered why some coys prefer to employ female marketers? Marketing as course, has been turned into "Corporate Prostitutiôn". They give people unrealizable targets hoping for them to use their body to sell up and complete their stated target. angry

Engineering may not be the most lucrative field, but any day anytime, I still pick it over other fields.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by inception101(m): 8:50am On Mar 12, 2015
let me chip in my little experience.... a man called sometimes last month and told me he saw my resume and he's impressed, i said thanks and he said its quite unfortunate that the post i applied for (senior customer care rep) is not available at the moment but their is one vacant post he would want me to fill.. we discussed further and he said the remuneration is 60k and i said it would be best if we could discuss one on one and he obliged and we fixed a date... fast forward to the said meeting, i called him and he decided we should hook up in an eatery-so we met and discussed. the funny part was he said i will be in charge of the whole bizz(dry cleaning store) i will work as a P.A, Pick up and delivery guy, telesales person, HR personnel, Operation manager and the list goes on and i said OK. he now asked if i have any question and i said with all the job description he mentioned whats the take home? he now asked how much he said on fone and i said 60k and he said 60k must have been a slip of tongue that he meant 50k and i laughed........... i laughed so loud that he asked why i was laughing and i told him that asides passion the next motivational factor is MONEY that the said 60k sef is too small and he said a car would be give to me and i asked that hope i wont be the one paying for maintenance and fueling since the money is meager and he said that if i can work wit him for few years that i would really enjoy him that he has other plans to acquire more businesses and properties..... i told him i cant settle for the said amount and then again he said he doesnt like people that talks too much about money and i walked out and sent him a text afterwards ""sorry for wasting your time''''.............. i just strolled down to my office

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 12, 2015
Enslavement everywhere!!!

I jump and pass

5 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 12, 2015
OP, your offer was pure slavery, the next step would have been to put you on a slave ship and order you to paddle.

As for the nasty lady, a smile should see you through that.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 12, 2015
Several times,have turned down jobs not worthy of the stress.

desperation shouldn't connote foolishness..

No matter the situation in the jungle,a lion will never eat grass.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by lalasticlala(m): 9:44am On Mar 12, 2015
job at hand or no job at hand, i HATE marketing job with passion.... would reject it 1 million times... and ur own case was even worst... i think you did the right thing..

8 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by foliman(m): 9:46am On Mar 12, 2015
[size=20pt]Never will I[/size]

but some recruiters are desperate sha.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by 5p1naz(m): 9:47am On Mar 12, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2015
Handcuffs in disguise.

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by condralbede(m): 9:47am On Mar 12, 2015
yes

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Adyrin(m): 9:47am On Mar 12, 2015
Start off with tolerance!
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2015
sd
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by simplymade(m): 9:47am On Mar 12, 2015
[email][right[color=#006600][/color]]
its
wink tongue good u[/email] gat an office to[/right] go back to
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by eleko1: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2015
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Call For A Function Specific Test For Trade Marketing Officer / Vacancies For Fresh Graduates / NPC Adhoc Staff For Birth Registration Recruitment 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.