Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week (1728 Views)

MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / MTN Repiles Etisalat By Introducing A Cheaper Call Tarrif Plan / Etisalat Introduces Cheaper Call Tariff Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week by talktimi(m): 4:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
MTN Nigeria last week announced an update to their Tru Talk plan. The plan originally offers call rates of 20kobo/sec to all networks but the new plan now offers some thing similar to the previously phased out Family and Friends. You can now add 11 numbers (8 MTN numbers and 3 from other networks) , and talk with them for as low as 11kobo/sec.

MTN Nigeria

Migrate to MTN Tru Talk by dialling *400# . Add new numbers to your list by dialling *560*1 *the number you want to register#, To remove numbers from your list dial *560*2 *the number you want to remove#, To check the numbers on your list, dial *560#.

In other news we missed last week, WhatsApp is set to introduce a VOIP calling feature similar to what we already have on BBM, Viber, Facebook and other IM apps. They’re reportedly still testing out the new feature and one can only get invited if you’re able to successfully receive a call from someone. This is really huge because WhatsApp already has a robust, widespread user base, let’s hope and pray the feature becomes mainstream in the nearest future.

WhatsAppThere’s also talk that WhatsApp is still aggressively awarding longer bans to people still using 3rd party Whatsapp clients like WhatsApp+, OGWhatsApp, etc. So to avoid stories that touch, respect yourself ,uninstall it and use the official WhatsApp client.

Last week, HTC launched a new flagship device, the HTC One M9, the release just looks plain boring, nothing breathtaking, just a few hardware upgrades. Critics have yabbed them ( Oga Mr. Mo called it a lazy design job) and I totally agree with them.

HTC One M9 official

It appears they heard the noise and are gearing up for a successor that will be called HTC One M9 Plus . Rumors loom this one will be bigger, and will come with a fingerprint scanner, at least that’s something worth drolling for.

That’s all the news we missed last week. Cheers.

http://mobilityarena.com/mtn-announces-cheaper-call-rates-whatsapp-is-testing-calling-feature-and-more-stories-you-missed-last-week/

2 Likes

Re: MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week by Oklander: 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ok, Nice update.
Re: MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week by Osumare2013: 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
Cheap call rate indeed.
Re: MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week by talktimi(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
The very Koko is WhatsApp calls for me
Re: MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week by Emeka71(m): 11:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
Do you know that MTN gave Me 500% bonus on recharge for MTN calls but I don't know the expiring time.
Re: MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week by talktimi(m): 11:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
Emeka71:
Do you know that MTN gave Me 500% bonus on recharge for MTN calls but I don't know the expiring time.
have you tried contacting their customer care ? But dem try for you o
Re: MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week by Warlord3000(m): 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
News read .. Out of thread..

Just don't know the best btw this new trutalk and mtn zone
Re: MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week by Emeka71(m): 10:59am On Mar 12, 2015
talktimi:
have you tried contacting their customer care ? But dem try for you o
The remaining bonus is still on My phone. I was so surprised because MTN rarely gives Me such bonus.
Re: MTN Announces Cheaper Call Rates + Other News We Missed Last Week by talktimi(m): 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
Emeka71:
The remaining bonus is still on My phone. I was so surprised because MTN rarely gives Me such bonus.
I was really surprised too because mtn doesn't even know what bonus means

(1) (Reply)

Have Anyone Used Malata N402 Or N403 / When Will Tecno Release Boom J9 / How Do I or Can I Decipher A Private Number On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.