Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Help A Future - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help A Future (491 Views)

Nine Steps To A Future Ready Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Future by Knownpal(m): 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hey good evening nairalanders.
I need help on an issue bothering my mind and also concern my future.
I am writing Jamb this Saturday, 14th by 1:30pm; unfortunately, I am having a school exam by 3:00pm. (Kwara state polytechnic). The Jamb venue is far from my school area (New Yidi Road = Jamb's centre), to those that know Ilorin. I don’t know how to combine the two exams together, peeps are like my school wouldn’t want to hear anything jamb, (a finalist writing jamb is somehow absurd to them). So getting late to the school for exams, I don’t know what the outcome can be. (I don’t want to gamble as well).

My questions are :
1. if I forfeit this Jamb in order to secure my school exams, would I be able to apply for D.E (Direct Entry) next year to more than one university (in case of necessities)?.

2. How is the duration of the jamb set, is it 45mins for one question?. If it is favours, I can answer questions for an 1 hour to 1:30hrs and leave the centre.

I need answers and advice please....

Thanks in advance.
Re: Help A Future by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Situations like this, if not properly handled may lead to loss of two things simultaneously.

If you ask me, I'd say you should stay in school and write your exams. You have already sown your time in the school and it's better for you to finish what you started instead of gambling by trying to write jamb the same day.

Even if you write jamb, whats the likelihood that you will pass? and if you pass, post jamb is still waiting for you, even when u pass post jamb, the admission isnt certain... you know the system here.

Work hard in that polytechnic and get your OND, after that u can decide to obtain DE whenever you like. My honest opinion. . .
Re: Help A Future by Knownpal(m): 11:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
nairalandist:
Thanks nairalandist. I'm considering that. What do you have to say about my first question?
Re: Help A Future by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 12, 2015
It all depends on how fast your OND results are made available by the school. Even if you don't meet the application period, it doesn't mean you've wasted time. Some things in life are worth settling down for. I'd just advise you finish your ND first and farabale dust them in uni when you gain 200Level admission.

If you have better plans for yourself, feel free to do them, but a bird at hand is better than 2 in the bush.
Re: Help A Future by Knownpal(m): 1:13am On Mar 12, 2015
nairalandist:

Thanks a lot. You encouraged me. God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Students Groan Over Poor Management Of Utme Centre / What Are The Tips One Can Follow To Get A First Class Degree In University? / EBSU Expels 131 Students, Dismisses 61 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.