Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Indispensable Reasons For More Open Universities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Indispensable Reasons For More Open Universities In Nigeria (264 Views)

Admission Into National Open Universities Of Nigeria (NOUN) / An Indispensable Guide To Jamb 2016/17 / Open Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indispensable Reasons For More Open Universities In Nigeria by gabsoft: 6:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
No doubt open university has come to stay in nigeria. But there are so many maladministration with the current one in operation. Many students have complained of so many shortcomings such as delay in the number of years to be spent to get first degree, lack of customer relation of some of the officials, delay in processing result,increasing cost of school fees and course materials and monopoly of the programme by one body. I think we are not driving towards developing our educational sector if we continue like this. Nigeria has a fast growing population of youths, many of which are drop out because of high cost of tertiary education, alarming rate of failure in waec and jamb exams, constant strike, failure in post utme exams and a catalog of other reasons. Considering these reasons, there an urgent need to open up 'more open universities in the country' like the telecom sector. This will give room for more admission; it will bring about healthy competition, it will help to reduce illiteracy among the youths

(1) (Reply)

Uniben School Of Nursing Form For 2015 Session Is On Sale Now.for More Informati / Please Help Me Ooo / Pls I Need Distance Learning Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.