Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

How Do I Become A Good Writer??? - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / How Do I Become A Good Writer??? (990 Views)

Any Good Writer Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by BobUg28(m): 2:08am On Mar 13, 2015
Hello Nairalanders! Greetings to you all.

Please i want you guys to help me out.
I lately developed interest in writing base on some peoples work i have read so far on Nairaland.

Please what are the qualities of a Good-writer??
I've never been to literature class before but i have so much passion for writing.
Please i need your help please!
Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by danielblessing(m): 6:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Well, you have to start from somewhere. In order to become a good writer you have to:
1. Write
2. Write
3. Write
Practice makes perfect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by ironkurtain(m): 4:45am On Mar 26, 2015
You have to read alot of books......fictions and non fictions. Read magazines, newspapers, even histories of people, countries both relevant and irrelevant. Just read and read..........Our brain is like a copying machine and when u decide to put pen on paper, all the words u want, both simple and vocabularies will start coming to u naturally.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 06, 2015
You want to become a good writer? Fine!

Read editorials of standard newspapers and magazine

Commit yourself to writing., don't be afraid of mistakes.

Better still, drop your email address and I'll send one ebook on How to be a Good writer to you.

Or...reach me on 08065277758.

The ebook is FREE, please. In addition, I'll send "Who Moved My Cheese " to you. It's a novel in electronic format. You'd love it after reading.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by funmo(m): 5:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
Afrobaseyemi

No knowledge lost they say...

I don't mind getting a mail too

adefunmo1@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by BobUg28(m): 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Afrobaseyemi:

Better still, drop your email address and I'll send one ebook on How to be a Good writer to you.

The ebook is FREE, please. In addition, I'll send "Who Moved My Cheese " to you. It's a novel in electronic format. You'd love it after reading.
YEMI thanks so much sir. Here's my email address =>bobug28@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by BobUg28(m): 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
ironkurtain:
You have to read alot of books......fictions and non fictions. Read magazines, newspapers, even histories of people, countries both relevant and irrelevant. Just read and read..........Our brain is like a copying machine and when u decide to put pen on paper, all the words u want, both simple and vocabularies will start coming to u naturally.
wonderful, brov thanks for the insight sir. I never knew that there's need to read everything that comes my way.

Thanks once again sire, i will trying my best in building my vocabularies. But the major area i 'm finding so difficult right now is my language structure. So tell me sir, how do you think i can cope with that?
Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by BobUg28(m): 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
ironkurtain:
Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by masties2(f): 2:56pm On May 13, 2015
Afrobaseyemi:

[color=#006600][/color]pls am also interested. My email is modmatty2@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by Moodyflow: 12:17pm On May 18, 2015
Afrobaseyemi:

.@afrobaseyemi,please send me d ebooks as well.My e-mail is: opinionsavvy@gmail.com THANKS.
Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by oskilo85(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2015
RE: hiw do I become a good writer?
Writing is a skill like any other art form. It has to be continually in use for any writer to achieve polish. Questions you should ask yourself first are these,
1. What area or discipline are you interested in?
2. Are you passionate about it?
3. Do you have unique information on it?
4. Do you have a vivid imagination?
When you answer these questions to your satisfaction, then pick a pen and write something on what you love. Your first work would have flaws; sentence structure, verb relationship, punctuation, etc. In this stage, you do researc and get good books e.gm a dictionary for your spellings,a book on grammar for the rest.
Remember this punctuations are like the naunces of speech; your ccomplete stop, pause, quoting someone etc. The way you use them would greatly dtermine the completeness of your work. I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by BobUg28(m): 6:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
oskilo85:
RE: hiw do I become a good writer?
Writing is a skill like any other art form. It has to be continually in use for any writer to achieve polish. Questions you should ask yourself first are these,
1. What area or discipline are you interested in?
2. Are you passionate about it?
3. Do you have unique information on it?
4. Do you have a vivid imagination?
When you answer these questions to your satisfaction, then pick a pen and write something on what you love. Your first work would have flaws; sentence structure, verb relationship, punctuation, etc. In this stage, you do researc and get good books e.gm a dictionary for your spellings,a book on grammar for the rest.
Remember this punctuations are like the naunces of speech; your ccomplete stop, pause, quoting someone etc. The way you use them would greatly dtermine the completeness of your work. I hope this helps

Yeah, it helped a lot . Thank you sir!
Re: How Do I Become A Good Writer??? by liveyourlife: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
BobUg28:
Hello Nairalanders! Greetings to you all.

Please i want you guys to help me out.
I lately developed interest in writing base on some peoples work i have read so far on Nairaland.

Please what are the qualities of a Good-writer??
I've never been to literature class before but i have so much passion for writing.
Please i need your help please!

If Content is King, then the Writer is Queen. Monetize this Your upcoming Writing Talent.

Click Here!

(1) (Reply)

Prolific Writers Wanted / Experienced Writers Needed / Appsdope Is A Serial And Notorious Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.