Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Possible Movie Name... FARAW - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Possible Movie Name... FARAW (455 Views)

Have You Ever Watched A Movie That Made You Cry?if Yes,what's The Movie Name. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Possible Movie Name... FARAW by WhereIsTruth: 5:32am On Mar 13, 2015
Greetings all,

I have currently been on a search for a movie that I am 99% is not Nigerian, but someone may know it or not. It seems to be an older film, like created in the 70s or 80s or so. The plot is a mother who's husband has lost his sanity from his position in the military, so she's the one struggling to make it work for her family (it as a daughter and 2 young boys). The mother looks for so many opportunities, and her daughter offers to help by being a maid for the French people who are in villas, but the mother is not having it because she knows what goes down. She offers to take one of the Frenchman's clothes and wash it at home to avoid leaving her daughter there, but he says no and talks rude and throws his money back in his face. Then her daughter clings to the man saying "I want to stay here" while the mother keeps trying to snatch her back.

Eventually as the story builds, she takes her donkey and finds a stream with fresh water and starts offering it for sale to men working outside, and basically starts making dough. And when her daughter sees this, she follows in her footsteps once she sees you don't have to sell yourself out.

Lol I'm sorry to bring it to you like this but I have been trying alllllll day to remember the name of the movie.
Thank you all.
Re: Possible Movie Name... FARAW by WhereIsTruth: 8:03am On Mar 13, 2015
I found the answer to my own question: FARAW!!!

It's a good movie to watch, and will make you appreciate mothers who refuse to sellout no matter the circumstance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W56mb6lRGL4

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood / 2 Girls Eating Cockroach(watch) / How?where?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.