Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

RACISM: How Nigerians Caused Samuel Eto'o Ill-treatment At A Jewelry Shop In UK - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / RACISM: How Nigerians Caused Samuel Eto'o Ill-treatment At A Jewelry Shop In UK (836 Views)

Samuel Eto'o Celebrates AFCON Title With Cameroon. Photos / Samuel Eto'o Marries Georgette Tra Lou In A Lavish White Wedding In Italy / Samuel Eto'o's Statement On Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RACISM: How Nigerians Caused Samuel Eto'o Ill-treatment At A Jewelry Shop In UK by amoss: 7:48am On Mar 13, 2015
Cameroonian Footballer Samuel Eto’o, narrated his ordeal at at jewelry shop in the UK of how
he and his brothers tried to shop but the sales rep acted funny because
some Nigerians had come to use fake credit cards at the shop.

The former African footballer who is worth over $100million, said he had gone in search of a watch
worth over $15,000 but said the shop assistant looked at them
suspiciously and reluctantly allowed them to view the watches.

''I went to go buy a watch at a jewellers, not too far from my house.
The watch I wanted to see was expensive. I asked the saleswoman - who was also black -
''Could you show me that watch please?’ First, I saw her turn to her co-workers like,
''Uh, what should I do?'' Eventually, she let me see the watch. I looked at it and said,
''OK, I’ll buy it.'' I took out my credit card and when she went to go run it through the machine,
she came back and said it was declined.”

Read more here >> http://sportstalkwithamos..com/2015/03/fighting-racism-how-nigerians-caused.html

(1) (Reply)

The War Between Mourinho And Arsen Wenger / How Did You See The Just Concluded Fixed Match / Edwin Okon: Meet Nigeria's Embarrassment Of A Coach.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.